REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-15-2015, 06:56 PM   #76
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,277 Times in 1,633 Posts
agreed... if it's the same bitch, I hope she gets charged.
Advertisement
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 06:56 PM   #77
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Probably the same person. Zoom in the first picture that v_tec posted where the lady is talking to the cops and you will see her wearing the same clothing in the original video lol
lonelydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2015, 07:15 PM   #78
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
what a fricken bitch... They better throw the book at her. Someone should send this video to the news as well if it hasn't been done already. If a stink gets made about she's hit sometime prior the police will have to do something
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2015, 08:48 PM   #79
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelydriver View Post
Probably the same person. Zoom in the first picture that v_tec posted where the lady is talking to the cops and you will see her wearing the same clothing in the original video lol
I think you're right, what a stunned cunt. I hope the police have enough evidence to charge her and get the witnesses they need to make it stick.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 09:35 PM   #80
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
What can the cops, prosecutor or judge do? Take away her scooter (I dont think scooter falls under MVA)? She will complain she is disabled.. probably already on welfare..

She probably doesn't have much to start... we as a society is probably paying most of her way too.

I do hope the Chinese family will lawyer up and sue her privately.. that will probably be more effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
what a fricken bitch... They better throw the book at her. Someone should send this video to the news as well if it hasn't been done already. If a stink gets made about she's hit sometime prior the police will have to do something
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2015, 10:02 PM   #81
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Charge her with vehicular manslaughter
Old 09-15-2015, 10:07 PM   #82
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Vehicular to me would fall under MVA.

Charge and it doesn't stick I am pretty sure it will embolden a bully like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Charge her with vehicular manslaughter
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 10:50 PM   #83
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Fucking. Jail.

Just because you're fucking old and feeble doesn't mean you don't have to go to jail for killing someone.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2015, 10:52 PM   #84
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by godwin View Post
What can the cops, prosecutor or judge do? Take away her scooter (I dont think scooter falls under MVA)? She will complain she is disabled.. probably already on welfare..

She probably doesn't have much to start... we as a society is probably paying most of her way too.

I do hope the Chinese family will lawyer up and sue her privately.. that will probably be more effective.
Unfortunately, I'd have to agree with most of what Godwin was saying here -- she'll admit to the evidence, use some sort of disability / undue hardship argument in attempt to lighten her sentence, and there is very little the judge can do to make the best out of the situation. If the judge throws the book at her, she might get locked up for a short while, where she'll be cared for, well fed, and have all her needs attended to at the detention / correctional facility. If she gets some sort of slap on the wrist type of penalty, she is probably not going to give damn about the consequences that she has cause -- if she did, this incident would not have happened.

Either way, directly or indirectly, an old man's life is abruptly lost as a result. There is just no winning out of this. Even if the family of the victim sues her, she is not going to be able to pay for any of the damages.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:39 AM   #85
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
She could be charge with manslaughter.

Our justice system is about rehabilitation, not punishment so she'll get a slap on the wrist since they may deem her as a low risk to re-offend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-16-2015, 09:02 AM   #86
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,161 Times in 301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by godwin View Post
Point? She probably wouldn't have money to pay up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Fucking. Jail.

Just because you're fucking old and feeble doesn't mean you don't have to go to jail for killing someone.
In any other country, yes, you will go to jail. Canada? LOL
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 09:06 AM   #87
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
i was reading the twitter responses and someone said that the rcmp had identified this person back in august from the first incident... why is she still on the road?

it's like she's having her own personal death race 2000, but with mobility scooters going after seniors
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds

Last edited by thumper; 09-17-2015 at 04:30 AM.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 09:52 PM   #88
I am Hook'd on RS

Sometimes I wish Dexter actually existed.
sauceking88 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-20-2015, 09:34 PM   #89
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

http://globalnews.ca/news/2231286/91...cabin-scooter/

Police are appealing for witnesses after Julio Chavez, a 91-year-old Burnaby man, was struck and killed by a motorized scooter.

The entire incident was captured on a convenience store security camera on September 11, at the corner of Edmonds Street and Mary Avenue. Chavez leaves the store, gets to the corner and prepares to cross the street.

It’s then that a woman driving a blue cabin scooter hits Chavez on the sidewalk.

His head hit the pavement hard, and while witnesses and a nearby police officer quickly rushed over to help, Chavez died of his injuries the next day.

Cabin scooters are self-contained motorized vehicles, which can reach speeds of 11 kilometres per hour.

Chavez’s family is sharing the surveillance video of his death in hopes of changing the rules around how these scooters can be used.

“It looks like a small car. It’s completely enclosed, it’s got windshield wipers, it’s got doors. Quite frankly I think they go too fast to be travelling on public walkways,” said Alex Osorio Jr., his grandson.

“As far as I’m concerned, these should be a motor vehicle.”

While Burnaby RCMP are asking any witnesses to contact them to help in their investigation, the Chavez family grieves.

“Anybody he saw in trouble he would try and help out to the best of his ability, said Osorio Jr.

“He loved everybody, and to him, everybody loved was family.”
Jer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 10:17 PM   #90
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Ok this is kind of bullshit now..this lady has hit two people and now she caused the death of another. Why the hell is she still not locked up...

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: