REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Speeding Ticket Dispute (https://www.revscene.net/forums/704652-speeding-ticket-dispute.html)

bomiheko 07-31-2015 04:51 PM

Speeding Ticket Dispute

This story was fabricated for the enjoyment and amusement for the members of this forum. It contains fictitious and exaggerated events made to provoke discussion.

bluejays 07-31-2015 04:59 PM

Some people's kids... You were doing 82 in a 50 zone, take some responsibility for your actions

XplicitLuder 07-31-2015 05:02 PM

so everyone was speeding..but YOU got caught.. you deal with it like a man and move on lol there is literally NOTHING to dispute.

and if you tell a judge " we were all speeding but i feel like i got targetted for having a modified car , since no one else got pulled over " hes only gonna see " we were speeding "

320icar 07-31-2015 05:11 PM

I love revscene... But for fucks sake!!! AM I THE ONLY ONE ON HERE THAT PAYS IF I GET CAUGHT SPEEDING?!?!?!?!??

bomiheko 07-31-2015 05:12 PM

I'm willing to pay the ticket. That's not the issue. The cop said I wasn't following the van in front of me until I caught up to him. I have footage that shows I was following the van the whole time all the way up to when we both got stopped. Yes we were speeding, but do you really want cops giving false information? I know I was speeding.

nma 07-31-2015 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bomiheko (Post 8666207)
I'm willing to pay the ticket. That's not the issue. The cop said I wasn't following the van in front of me until I caught up to him. I have footage that shows I was following the van the whole time all the way up to when we both got stopped. Yes we were speeding, but do you really want cops giving false information? I know I was speeding.

honestly the cop just said that so you would stfu and go on with ur day.. it doesnt even matter who u were following

Klondike 07-31-2015 05:28 PM

stock privilege is being able to go faster than the limit and not get pulled over because no heatscore

kross9 07-31-2015 05:28 PM

i bet if he didnt complain about the van thing he'd get a warning lol

swfk 07-31-2015 05:30 PM

If you sped you sped, you got caught doing what you did then you got caught.

v_tec 07-31-2015 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bomiheko (Post 8666201)
I may have been speeding, but the thing is, he went after me instead of the van in front of me.

Quote:

The cop stopped the van in front, but pulled me over instead. It was for 82 on 50.

Quote:

while I was still speeding. He is saying that he caught my speed before I was following the van.

Quote:

I do drive a modded bmw, and the cars around me was all stock.

FailFish FailFish FailFish FailFish

Just ask mommy and daddy for another $150 bucks in allowance this month. Problem solved.

zilley 07-31-2015 05:40 PM

now these are the kinda people I dont have sympathy for.

smaggs 07-31-2015 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bomiheko (Post 8666207)

Just to make sure things are clear, you're disputing the cops statement around following a van??
Take that all the way to the top, man. That's bullshit. Power-tripping cop took things way too far. Throw a case of racial profiling in there too.

xXSupa 07-31-2015 06:16 PM

If only more of these were posted in General Chat instead of the Police Forum. :lol

@OP: I know that you feel its unfair that you were "targeted" out of the bunch. But in reality, that's what modding a car does. It brings attention (Wanted & unwanted). IMO, there's never an excuse for going 32 over (Except real emergencies obv). 10-20 over is understandable, and that's usually where you'll find me. Never gotten a ticket in my life.

LP700-4 07-31-2015 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXSupa (Post 8666231)
Never gotten a ticket in my life.

Better knock on some wood real quick there buddy :troll:

But yeah either dont drive a car modded to look fast or dont speed.

xXSupa 07-31-2015 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LP700-4 (Post 8666233)
Better knock on some wood real quick there buddy :troll:

If I get my first ticket, I'm blaming this thread! Ahaha

Tone Loc 07-31-2015 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXSupa (Post 8666231)
But in reality, that's what modding a car does. It brings attention (Wanted & unwanted). IMO, there's never an excuse for going 32 over (Except real emergencies obv). 10-20 over is understandable, and that's usually where you'll find me. Never gotten a ticket in my life.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klondike (Post 8666212)
stock privilege is being able to go faster than the limit and not get pulled over because no heatscore

^ All of these.

Want to speed? Get a stock car.

Can't count the amount of times I've accidentally blitzed by a speed trap in my silver 4Runner doing over the limit and have the cop not even give me a second look. But in my AE86 I would be doing exactly 50km/h in the city and still have cops driving behind me trying to run my plate and follow me around.

Just comes with the territory of having a car that is conspicuous...

bomiheko 07-31-2015 07:22 PM

I forgot never to post on revscene cause people are never helpful. I posted in the other forums and they were much more helpful even if they were being critical. But its all settled now, don't have to worry about it.

Akinari 07-31-2015 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bomiheko (Post 8666252)
I forgot never to post on revscene cause people are never helpful. I posted in the other forums and they were much more helpful even if they were being critical. But its all settled now, don't have to worry about it.

Bro, you admitted three times that you were speeding. What is there to help with? The people of RevScene simply don't set unrealistic expectations and beat around the bush for someone who can't even be responsible for their own actions.

Even if you were to dispute the ticket, what would you say, the cop was targeting me because I drive a modded BMW and even though I was speeding, he should have pulled the van ahead of me over instead of me?

You want to dispute your ticket because even though you admit you were speeding, the van ahead of you was also speeding, and you feel like you've been wronged because everyone was speeding yet you were the one who was caught? Give me a break and grow a pair of balls man.

This is not about what car you drive or whether it's modded or not, it's about facing reality and dealing with it like a grown human being and not whining to the whole internet about your feelings being hurt.

Seriously, some people these days.

entrax 07-31-2015 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bomiheko (Post 8666252)

Let me open a bit of your head into growing up. Revscene has always sought to do the right thing. We aren't helpful here? You did something wrong, and the blunt and honest people of Revscene have told you something you can't seem to figure out.

Just to refresh your memory: You sped. You were caught. You are guilty. You pay the fine.

You should not give a fuck whether there was a Lambo driving 1km/h faster than you or it's 4am and you're alone. The ticket tells you exactly what happened: You drove over the speed limit in your car.

You think that "other" forums are more helpful to you because you heard what YOU want to hear. For the sake of taxpayers' money, don't dispute this. Pay the fine because you're guilty. Guilty with explanation is only for explanations like "my pregnant wife has my baby's head sticking out" (a little bit extreme, sorry), not "other cars were faster!!!"

Don't blame Revscene for being too blunt and too real on your ass. Point the finger at yourself not only for your speeding, but for your shit attitude here. Maybe that will help you grow up.

dared3vil0 07-31-2015 09:53 PM

Look I could see some minor bitching if you were doing say 55 in a 50 and the van blew past you at 80+ but you still got the ticket, but dude you were doing 82 in a 50. End of the day, regardless of anything else, you were in fact speeding.

As much as it sucks, that's a ticketable offence. :lawl:

meme405 07-31-2015 09:58 PM

This is why disputing needs to cost more than 25 bucks.

This issue wouldn't exist whatsoever if losing a ticket dispute costed 100 bucks or whatever.

@OP as others have said, you fucked up, you got caught. Pay the fine and learn the lesson, or forget about it, and get slammed again. Your choice.

Timpo 07-31-2015 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meme405 (Post 8666301)
This is why disputing needs to cost more than 25 bucks.

This issue wouldn't exist whatsoever if losing a ticket dispute costed 100 bucks or whatever.

@OP as others have said, you fucked up, you got caught. Pay the fine and learn the lesson, or forget about it, and get slammed again. Your choice.

Yeah because people can care less about $25.

If you get a $196 speeding ticket(going 82 on 50 zone), you will save $25 if you pay within 30 days.
But what if it was $100 off instead of $25?

I bet a lot of people would stop filing dispute because of significant discount.

twitchyzero 07-31-2015 11:55 PM

if going SB on boundary down that hill, one can easily go over 80 from 50 without any throttle the whole way down
that said if I got caught speeding, I'd pay.
so true about speeding past traps in a stock car...happened to me twice and they didn't blink an eye.

xXSupa 08-01-2015 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 8666325)
if going SB on boundary down that hill, one can easily go over 80 from 50 without any throttle the whole way down

Brakes exist for a reason.

It's pretty common that cops hide at the bottom of that hill. Personally I never go over 60 down that stretch. Same with that hill just before getting onto the Knight St Bridge from Vancouver.

mickz 08-01-2015 02:26 AM

98 km/h faster and you would've been ok.