REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Audio, Video, & Security Tech

Audio, Video, & Security Tech This forum is brought to you by Sounds Good Auto in Coquitlam and Burnaby.

Enter SPL Competitions, display your Setups, DIY Projects

Old 08-27-2015, 05:15 PM   #1
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Removing old security system

I recently bought a 96 Integra GSR. When I was inspecting it before purchase I noticed there was one of those hood switches on the rad support, as well as a "brain" for some kind of alarm module under the steering wheel area by the pedals.

There's no key or remote, and no "horn" for the alarm. Nor have I ever triggered any kind of alarm. I haven't touched anything because I'm not electronics savvy at all and don't want to "fix what ain't broken", so to speak. But I do want to install some kind of immobilizer/keyless entry/alarm system/remote start in the next month or so because I street park my car.

My question is, are there shops that will properly remove all of the old, unused equipment prior to installing a new one...?
Advertisement
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 08:07 PM   #2
RS.net Licensed Sponsor

We always remove everything prior to installing another. We cannot rely on anyone else's connections. I'm sure that other Revscene sponsors are the same way too.

Keith McCumber
SoundsGood Auto Services
Everything we do is sound!

104-2700 Barnet Hwy Coquitlam 604-961-8626

1420 Boundary Rd. Burnaby, 604-676-8100

www.soundsgoodauto.com

Hours of Operation: Tuesday through Saturday 9:00 to 6:00

Authorized dealers of: Focal, Audison, Alpine, JL, Kenwood, Pioneer, Sony, Thinkware, Compustar, K40...

WE ACCEPT: ICBC Claims, VISA, MC, DEBIT, PAYPAL AND CASH.
installerz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-27-2015, 08:55 PM   #3
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,911 Times in 3,872 Posts
Look at the brain and find any numbers or branding on it, from there you can find out what it is and what features it has, and then what needs to be done to remove it. Unless it has an immobilizer you should be able to just unplug it for the time being.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 08:51 AM   #4
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

I had the exact same question! Recently bought a used car and there was an old Clifford alarm installed on it. I would prefer to have it all remove, but keep the power door locks. Also, there was a sound system installed, but apparently some of it got flooded in the trunk. Would you be able to test if the Amp is still working? And not all the speakers are even working, would like it all to be functioning.
azncreationz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 08:55 AM   #5
RS.net Licensed Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by azncreationz View Post
I had the exact same question! Recently bought a used car and there was an old Clifford alarm installed on it. I would prefer to have it all remove, but keep the power door locks. Also, there was a sound system installed, but apparently some of it got flooded in the trunk. Would you be able to test if the Amp is still working? And not all the speakers are even working, would like it all to be functioning.
We diagnose these kinds of things all the time. Most times, we have it figured out in half an hour or less.

Keith McCumber
SoundsGood Auto Services
Everything we do is sound!

104-2700 Barnet Hwy Coquitlam 604-961-8626

1420 Boundary Rd. Burnaby, 604-676-8100

www.soundsgoodauto.com

Hours of Operation: Tuesday through Saturday 9:00 to 6:00

Authorized dealers of: Focal, Audison, Alpine, JL, Kenwood, Pioneer, Sony, Thinkware, Compustar, K40...

WE ACCEPT: ICBC Claims, VISA, MC, DEBIT, PAYPAL AND CASH.
installerz is offline   Reply With Quote