REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-04-2015, 07:05 PM   #1
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Painting body cost?

How much should I expect to pay to get a shop to paint a fender and hood for a coupe? Current condition is decent maybe a couple of dents.
Advertisement
imp>dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 07:22 PM   #2
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Why stop at the fender and hood? Set up a gofundme account and repaint your entire car midnight purple instead.

In all seriousness, it's best just to phone up a shop for a quick quote
Past:'06 Civic Si
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-04-2015, 07:33 PM   #3

They always ask to bring car in to estimate but my car is not insured. I would just like to know a ball park price right now.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:32 PM   #4
Need to Seek Professional Help

Depends. Will the shop mask off everything(headlights, bumpers, emblems etc)? Or will the shop take everything off and paint it properly?
Where are the dents located? If its near the next panel, it may need the panel to be blended as well for a better color match.
Price will go up as well if you want the dents to be repaired by them, unless your painting over it.
What kind of vehicle is it?
Suprarz666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 08:49 PM   #5

It's a 5th gen prelude. I do want dents to be repaired by them (2 on hood and 2 on fender). No need to match color just follow the code.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:53 PM   #6
I LIKE JDM!!

Thanked 2,175 Times in 715 Posts
My guess is 500-1000.
Get temporary insurance just for the day and drive the car to a body shop to get an estimate. Insurance is fairly cheap for one day.

YouTube
Instagram
flickr
Twitter
Portfolio
european is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 09:01 PM   #7
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Assuming the hood and fender are attached to the car and you are giving the car to the shop, the cost will probably be in the mid-ish to high hundreds $.

I handed a shop a bumper and was quoted $300 awhile back
Jaffray is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-10-2015, 04:02 PM   #8
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,657 Times in 543 Posts
Without dent repairs, I'd say roughly $500 - $700 or so, depending on the condition of the parts and the shop. Dent repairs by an independent shop starts off at roughly $100 iirc, it gets cheaper per dent if you have additional ones you want to get repaired. Again that's a rough cost, and depends on the severity of the dent and if it's hard to repair or not (i.e along a body line, those ones are the hardest to repair)

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread
NA6 Miata (Budget) Build Thread

Current: 09 370z, 07 E92 328xi, 16 R6
Past: 09 Civic Hybrid, 93 EG Si, 94 Integra GSR, 02 WRX, 99 NB Miata, 01 E46 325ci, 90 NA Miata, 03 CBR600RR
Limitless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 07:39 AM   #9
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprarz666 View Post
Depends. Will the shop mask off everything(headlights, bumpers, emblems etc)? Or will the shop take everything off and paint it properly?
Where are the dents located? If its near the next panel, it may need the panel to be blended as well for a better color match.
Price will go up as well if you want the dents to be repaired by them, unless your painting over it.
What kind of vehicle is it?
the above happened to me on my old toyota long time ago. someone thought it would be great to do a dukes of hazzard across my hood and scratched and dented my hood and front fender. i was a poor student at the time so i only had basic and a bodyshop quoted me $1100 to fix private
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote