REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-15-2015, 02:50 PM   #26
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
How come nobody wants to be Louis Litt?

How can you resist: You Got Litt Up!
Advertisement
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 02:54 PM   #27
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,841 Times in 632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
off topic but how did you decide you wanted your screen name to be that of a TV series character?

i'd understand if you were assuming character and trolling forums as "Harvey Specter" giving legal opinions based on past episodes....
He wanted to be like me.
H.Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2015, 02:58 PM   #28
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.Specter View Post
He wanted to be like me.
I think the more important question in this thread is, who is the real Harvey Specter?

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2015, 03:08 PM   #29
I'll never be Diggy, no matter how hard I try

Thanked 2,111 Times in 633 Posts
oh man..

plot twist
trollguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 03:49 PM   #30
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-17-2015, 01:56 PM   #31
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
LaFerrari Asshats Who Terrorized Beverly Hills Do Not Really Have Diplomatic Immunity: Police

Quote:
Police officials in Beverly Hills investigating the LaFerrari and Porsche 911 GT3 drivers who tore through a neighborhood at excessive speeds say that the parties involved do not have actually have diplomatic immunity like they claimed.

The problem is, they appear to have skipped town, Beverly Hills Police Department Lt. Lincoln Hoshino told Jalopnik. Hoshino said the rented house where the drivers retreated to — with their yellow LaFerrari smoking — has been cleared out.

In addition, while the now-viral video clearly shows the cars driving recklessly, police have not identified exactly who was driving them, Hoshino said. He added that while police know the owners of the car — information they aren’t sharing — the drivers remain unknown. (The car is said to be from Qatar, and its drivers reportedly linked to the Qatari royal family.)

“Our officers weren’t there to observe the violations,” Hoshino said. Had they been present, the drivers could have been arrested, especially since U.S. State Department officials confirmed they do not have any sort of diplomatic immunity. “But we don’t know who was driving the car.”

And under California law, charges can’t proceed until that happens.

Over the weekend the drivers were seen blasting through the neighborhood in the high-end cars — the LaFerrari is valued at $1.5 million — and later someone at the house told an NBC Los Angeles freelance video reporter they had diplomatic immunity and “could have [him[ killed and get away with it,” according to their story.

Hoshino said police aren’t sure if the involved parties are still in Beverly Hills or not. Still, he was swift in his condemnation of a video that has outraged millions of people.

“The driving they’re involved in is atrocious,” he said. “They’re putting everyone’s lives in danger driving like that.”

Where the case goes from here remains to be seen.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 02:07 PM   #32

Supposedly some vblogger arrived after the incident and was filming the cars and house and was told by the driver to get lost, vblogger didn't leave because he was on city property so the driver gets mad and tells the vblogger he would get him killed and than proceeds to say "fuck America" and flicks a cig at the guys face, LOL. Drama.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-17-2015, 02:10 PM   #33
Witness protection

Owner of speeding Ferrari in Beverly Hills is drag-racing Qatar prince - LA Times

Quote:
Owner of speeding Ferrari in Beverly Hills is drag-racing Qatar prince
By JOSEPH SERNA AND RICHARD WINTON contact the reporters Crime
He’s been called a speed freak, dubbed the “patron sheik” of drag racing and is the financier of one of the sport’s best teams.

But over the weekend, he was just the owner of a yellow Ferrari valued in the seven figures seen on a video posted to social media running amok in a Beverly Hills’ neighborhood, speeding through stop signs and racing by pedestrians, police said.

On Saturday, Sheik Khalid bin Hamad Al-Thani of Qatar’s ruling family denied to officers investigating the incident that anyone drove recklessly, then said he had diplomatic immunity.

After discussing the matter with the U.S. State Department and the Qatar consulate, authorities concluded he did not have immunity, police Chief Dominick Rivetti said at a news conference Thursday.

The city will apply the law equally regardless of “who you are, who you know or where you are from,” Rivetti said, with top city officials behind him.

But between Rivetti’s news conference and the video’s going viral, Al-Thani has fled the country, police said. The Ferrari and white Porsche seen in the video are gone too.

Al-Thani owns Al-Anabi Racing, a team he’s poured millions into so it could rise to the top of the professional drag-racing circuit in a short time. The Wall Street Journal reported he’s been into racing since he was 12.

But police would have a hard time proving who was behind the wheel in the video. In their follow-up investigation once the video was online, officers couldn’t find anyone willing to identify the drivers, Lt. Lincoln Hoshino said.

“No one produced any evidence of who was at the wheel of the two cars,” Hoshino said. “The drivers weren’t visible on the videos or photographs.”

Adam Bornstein, a car enthusiast who posted the video online, said up until that incident, the visitors from Qatar had kept a low profile in the city.

“They’ve been known to come and stay in the summer with their nice cars. For the most part, they’re very laid-back and mellow,” he said.

Until recently, Al-Thani had been staying at the Beverly Wilshire hotel. When Bornstein heard that there was a Ferrari LaFerrari and Porsche 911 GT3 in Beverly Hills, he and his friend went by to check it out.

That’s when they saw the vehicles peel out of the neighborhood and speed around other motorists.

“It was pretty quick … a spur-of-the-moment thing,” he said of the drivers. “The bottom line – for the whole car community, it’s definitely a sad representation. … The whole buzz is everybody’s upset that this does not accurately represent what it’s like.”
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
Old 09-17-2015, 02:11 PM   #34
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
So even if they did have diplomatic immunity, wouldn't Qatarians(sp?) be upset about how their "family" is acting on foreign soil? Or is it just a big joke and do whatever you want 'cause y'all can't touch us type attitude?

I hate entitled rich cunts like this. Wealth reallocation is needed here quickly.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-17-2015, 04:25 PM   #35
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
Supposedly some vblogger arrived after the incident and was filming the cars and house and was told by the driver to get lost, vblogger didn't leave because he was on city property so the driver gets mad and tells the vblogger he would get him killed and than proceeds to say "fuck America" and flicks a cig at the guys face, LOL. Drama.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-17-2015, 04:29 PM   #36

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
lol, I read drag queen.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-17-2015, 05:43 PM   #37
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
So even if they did have diplomatic immunity, wouldn't Qatarians(sp?) be upset about how their "family" is acting on foreign soil? Or is it just a big joke and do whatever you want 'cause y'all can't touch us type attitude?

I hate entitled rich cunts like this. Wealth reallocation is needed here quickly.
Tough call. Culturally, this behaviour could be openly accepted and considered "normal" or even a national past time for all we know.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 06:35 PM   #38
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post

doubt it. they have been running amok in london for years and not much has been done.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-17-2015, 09:15 PM   #39

Qatar royal family owns half of London so doubt they care.
Old 09-18-2015, 08:00 AM   #40
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Ferrari was so particular when it came to who it would sell its La Ferrari to, with requirements of owning multiple Fcars, etc...maybe they should rather sell it to true enthusiasts than idiots with more money than intelligence. It would certainly be better for Ferrari's reputation.
Indyjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 08:55 AM   #41
I'll never be Diggy, no matter how hard I try

Thanked 2,111 Times in 633 Posts
i highly doubt it affects their reputation.
trollguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 11:04 AM   #42
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

looks like he left the US

Qatari sheikh leaves US after Ferrari race through LA - BBC News
EvoSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 01:07 PM   #43
GS8

Thanked 7,272 Times in 1,967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoSpider View Post
Yeah Police REJECTED the diplomatic immunity and this tool bag went running like a coward.

Ironically enough this guy participates heavily in motorsports yet still wants to be a fucktard on public roads.

You KNOW he made this face as he was leaving

Spoiler!
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 12:31 AM   #44
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,821 Times in 3,902 Posts
hoping the idiot was just a bad apple
remember UAE's prince when he visited town last year?

Crown Prince Of Dubai Romps Through Vancouver, Whistler (PHOTOS, VIDEO)
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 02:06 AM   #45
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post

They don't give a fck about anything. That dude is banging his cousin who is 1/2 Mexican.
Old 09-20-2015, 03:47 AM   #46
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,449 Times in 1,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
Qatar royal family owns half of London so doubt they care.
Chinese corrupted officials family owns half of Vancouver, RCMP still bust their asses?
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-21-2015, 06:29 AM   #47
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
He'll fit right in

Did Qatari sheikh flee to Vancouver after L.A. street race? | CTV Vancouver News
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-21-2015, 08:48 AM   #48
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post

Poor guy just died this weekend of a heart attack at age 33.

Sheikh Rashid bin Mohammed al Maktoum: Dubai ruler's eldest son dies of heart attack at 33 - People - News - The Independent

Some things even the Dubai royal family can't buy.
Old 09-21-2015, 12:28 PM   #49

^
Not the same guy, it was his brother who died.
Old 09-21-2015, 02:54 PM   #50
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veleno View Post
Poor guy just died this weekend of a heart attack at age 33.

Sheikh Rashid bin Mohammed al Maktoum: Dubai ruler's eldest son dies of heart attack at 33 - People - News - The Independent

Some things even the Dubai royal family can't buy.
Hart attack maybe because he did a bit to much coke.

Sheikh Rashid bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Archives - Royal FoiblesRoyal Foibles