REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 09-23-2015, 08:14 AM   #26
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Came back yesterday afternoon from my flight from New Orleans and was not able to use my Nexus card because my iris scan wasn't set up?

Anyone know the process to fix this as well as getting my card to work at the Global Entry to speed up the process? I probably should've asked while I was still there but rushed out as my ride was already waiting.
Advertisement
thegentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 08:19 AM   #27
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegentleman View Post
Came back yesterday afternoon from my flight from New Orleans and was not able to use my Nexus card because my iris scan wasn't set up?

Anyone know the process to fix this as well as getting my card to work at the Global Entry to speed up the process? I probably should've asked while I was still there but rushed out as my ride was already waiting.
You should already be set up for Global Entry by default. If you did your interview at one of the land entry points, you may not have had an iris scan done. I know the airport (YVR) NEXUS office can add your iris scan. Not sure of which other locations other than the airport that do iris scan though. I'd call them though to see whether you can just do walk in for the iris scan or if you require an appointment.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 08:57 AM   #28
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

You have to have had your iris scanned to be approved for Nexus air travel, otherwise it is for ground crossings only. The YVR office has an iris scanner to set this up, you'll have to inquire which other offices have it as well.
2008 Mercedes C300
2012 Ford F-150 XLT
2014 Ford F-150 FX4 - Current
1999 Chevy Trailblazer
2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
2015 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L
2018 Honda HR-V Touring
2019 Audi A4 Technik - Current
2012 Porsche 911 Targa 4 - Current

1995 Kawasaki ZX-6R
2005 Yamaha R6 - RIP
2006 Yamaha R6 50th Anniversary Edition - Current

IG: G_SPYDER91
604STIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 09:44 AM   #29
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,291 Times in 2,507 Posts
If you are just adding the iris scan to your Nexus card, I am reasonably certain that you can just drop into their Main Street office and make the request -- no appointment needed. You might end up waiting for a while because they'll probably just slot you in between other appointments.

Obviously, it is best to bring your passport and Nexus card with you for this.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 07:20 AM   #30
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Looks like the website mentions which locations have iris scan capability:

NEXUS - Enrolment Centres

So basically Blaine land crossing, the downtown location and YVR for locations within driving distance. They do ask you to call them though for the iris photograph so I'm guessing some sort of prior appointment is needed.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-24-2015, 11:58 AM   #31
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,399 Times in 396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by syee View Post
Looks like the website mentions which locations have iris scan capability:

NEXUS - Enrolment Centres

So basically Blaine land crossing, the downtown location and YVR for locations within driving distance. They do ask you to call them though for the iris photograph so I'm guessing some sort of prior appointment is needed.
I can confirm you can just walk up to the YVR one. Takes literary 45 seconds. They take a look at your NEXUS card, take your passport, go to the back to photocopy it, and then you're on your way.
v_tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 01:13 PM   #32
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
This is exactly what I'm used to doing - using the passport on the US Customs side. Before, you could use the card, but not anymore. You must have your passport and it's been a while since they changed it.
Just wanted to follow up and confirm:

Going into the US via airport - You must scan your passport at the GOES machine. I tried using the NEXUS card and it doesn't work.

If it works for you, great. But it hasn't for me. I don't know how US CBP will react. I'm not prepared to miss any flights to find out.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2015, 07:24 PM   #33
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Travelled last july and it specified to insert my passport