REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   TOP BC Realtor gets busted (https://www.revscene.net/forums/705383-top-bc-realtor-gets-busted.html)

chinesespareribs 09-16-2015 11:33 AM

TOP BC Realtor gets busted

Inside the world of B.C.'s top realtor: A deep pool of Mainland Chinese buyers, a dead fraudster and a forfeited licence

meme405 09-16-2015 11:53 AM

Wow that was a long read about some bitch and her sketchy dealings.

Spoiler!

und3f3at3d 09-16-2015 11:58 AM

No, is it really still a surprise that our government knows all about these shady dealings and still does nothing to address it?

Heres another story on the same page

http://www.theprovince.com/technolog...025/story.html

GLOW 09-16-2015 11:59 AM

i'm surprised she actually got investigated by the realty council and handed back her license. i thought zero fucks are given and the industry is the wild west.

Tone Loc 09-16-2015 12:10 PM

Gasp! Mainland Chinese are doing shady things with their corrupt money?

In other news, water is wet.

What is more appalling to me is that the government is acutely aware of all of these things happening yet seem to be doing nothing about it. I haven't picked who I'm voting for yet, but hell, I'd be willing to vote for Harper if he promised to actually try and fix this type of shit.

ZN6 09-16-2015 12:25 PM

That's messed up. But not too surprising when there's a place to park huge sums of money.

ZN6 09-16-2015 12:26 PM

https://i.imgflip.com/r5lcn.jpg

Traum 09-16-2015 12:52 PM

Mind-blowing story... but the part that interested me the most was:

Quote:

While Lau has not spoken directly with The Province, her daughter Rachel Chan -- an 18-year-old B.C. university student born in Hong Kong -- contacted The Province and said her mother Julia Lau was not available to speak, but that Lau had authorized Chan to speak on her behalf.
18 year old daughter, with a baller loaded mom. Oh man, the possibilities... :fuckyea:

Mike Oxbig 09-16-2015 01:06 PM

Lee's feet n hands zap strapped with a plastic bag over head with used heroin needles in the car...

zero fucks given by the police, just another right off in the books.

chinesespareribs 09-16-2015 01:07 PM

The part the gets me is that is "

"Integrated Homicide Investigation Team detectives looked at the case and eventually decided that Lee likely committed suicide"

Ummm, how many people who have committed suicide have done it by putting a bag over their heads, tied their own limbs, and stuffed themselves in to a trunk? Who did she pay off for them to reach this conclusion?

Houdini!!

Harvey Specter 09-16-2015 01:09 PM

The scope of dirty Chinese money goes beyond real estate deals and authorities for the most part have decided to turn a blind eye.

Australia has been cracking down on foreign buyers because there's been pressure from citizens, the same needs to be done by our politicians but doubt that will happen any time soon. Too many people getting rich from dirty money.

meme405 09-16-2015 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FunkyColdMedina (Post 8680954)
What is more appalling to me is that the government is acutely aware of all of these things happening yet seem to be doing nothing about it. I haven't picked who I'm voting for yet, but hell, I'd be willing to vote for Harper if he promised to actually try and fix this type of shit.

I remember that report about different districts in metro vancouver, and their average cost of living compared to the average income.

Richmond was listed as like the poorest neighbourhood in this respect because the listed median income of $40k was so low compared to the cost of living in that area.

When the truth is if you go to richmond all you see is fucking supercars, and mercedes/BMW's. The problem wasn't that people there were poor, the problem is that half of them don't report any income or declare their money when they bring it into the country.

The government just goes on ignoring the issue. Maybe if they actually cracked down on these people our budget my properly balance, and translink could stop begging for money.

Let's be honest, if you can afford to buy your 18y/o an aventador, you can afford to pay your fair share of taxes.

6o4__boi 09-16-2015 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traum (Post 8680968)

18 year old daughter, with a baller loaded mom. Oh man, the possibilities... :fuckyea:

sub'd to thread for pics

GLOW 09-16-2015 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meme405 (Post 8680974)
Let's be honest, if you can afford to buy your 18y/o an aventador, you can afford to pay your fair share of taxes.

why would they when they can get away with it
paying taxes are for the 9-5 peasants :troll:

:okay:

Traum 09-16-2015 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6o4__boi (Post 8680975)
sub'd to thread for pics

In this day and age, it never fails to amaze me the amount of info you can dig up from a simple Google search or two... :denied:

meme405 09-16-2015 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6o4__boi (Post 8680975)
sub'd to thread for pics

It's really not that hard bruh, but I'm not going to be the one to break the local's picture rule.

But lets just say that if you googled her name and her school her profile picture is the first picture on images.

6o4__boi 09-16-2015 02:26 PM

Lol i know but it's not as fun as if it was RS-provided pics

on a side note, while stalkering around for that name on google images, i found out that UBC's School of Music Pianist and Coach is :notbad:

She can definitely coach my budding pianist skills :ifyouknow:

Soundy 09-16-2015 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesespareribs (Post 8680972)
The part the gets me is that is "

"Integrated Homicide Investigation Team detectives looked at the case and eventually decided that Lee likely committed suicide"

Ummm, how many people who have committed suicide have done it by putting a bag over their heads, tied their own limbs, and stuffed themselves in to a trunk? Who did she pay off for them to reach this conclusion?

Houdini!!

"On tonight's episode of 'Motive'..."

Ronin 09-16-2015 02:59 PM

18 and rich, eh? C'mon, realtor mom...you don't want your daughter dating one of them round eyes, would you? :troll:

Mike Oxbig 09-16-2015 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 8681012)
18 and rich, eh? C'mon, realtor mom...you don't your daughter dating one of them round eyes, would you? :troll:

seems like your fantasies are faster than you type :D

Ronin 09-16-2015 03:42 PM

https://vitaminzee.files.wordpress.c.../08/winner.jpg

kross9 09-16-2015 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traum (Post 8680968)

We apparently have 4 mutual friends on facebook.... yes the possibilities!

http://www.facebook.com/LooseAussieB...7493225996909/

GS8 09-16-2015 10:02 PM

Nice to see some well reported investigative journalism for a change unlike the one paragraph sponsored shit you see on other webpages.

As for the story, I don't know what to say. I mean we all know money is being laundered into this country. Each vacant mansion is a giant safe, holding unaccounted money. People coming in very wealthy and living 'poor' etc.

But what gets me is the suicide? Are you seriously kidding me? Is this fucking Police Academy? I seriously don't know what to say. You have the provincial and federal governments turning blind eyes while other countries crackdown, you have lawyers getting rich off these scumbags and at the end of the day, even the cops don't do anything because they're probably being bought. Only Houdini could kill himself in such a fashion, not some young fraudster who was high on debt.

I use to wonder why the rest of the world laughs at us. Now it's so painstakingly obvious when you stack the blocks together. We are just a fucked backward ass country but noooo don't go telling the average Canadian that. They'll just laugh at you and shout GREATEST PLACE ON EARTH as if some ignorant little bubble dwelling nimrod with no research ability's view has more merit.

Sorry for rant.

TOPEC 09-16-2015 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meme405 (Post 8680974)
When the truth is if you go to richmond all you see is fucking supercars, and mercedes/BMW's. The problem wasn't that people there were poor, the problem is that half of them don't report any income or declare their money when they bring it into the country.

OR....

maybe those people that drives supercars and exotics dont actually live in richmond to begin with?

StylinRed 09-16-2015 11:48 PM

You guys would be shocked at all the deaths that get reported as suicides or overdoses in the dtes, yet if you know the locals (even as a volunteer) you hear witness statements to the contrary, but a lack of diligence, evidence, and dare I say publicity, get things swept under the rug