REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 10-23-2015, 10:57 PM   #101
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
People on reddit said the 5X battery is on par with the S6 as well, so that battery chart by Phonearena sounds about right.

Out of all three, get the LG G4.

Best flagship on the market right now in terms of value per dollar (alongside the Moto X Play/Pure). You can find people selling it BNIB for like $550 on Craigslist or RFD.

Nothing better than going from 0 to 100% in a matter of seconds with the removable battery..
The G4 is hideous with some decent hardware.
Advertisement

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-23-2015, 11:15 PM   #102
How I Mod your mother

Hideous? I'd say it's just as good looking, if not better looking than both of the new Nexus phones. Or does a large black out-of-place strip automatically get overlooked nowadays if the rest of the phone is metal?

The 5x looks almost identical to the 5, which wasn't exactly the definition of sexy, but it wasn't ugly either.

The G4 is a great phone, but LG's software needs a lot of work to bring it up to the sleekness of other OEMs
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-23-2015, 11:44 PM   #103
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Out of all the flagships today, the LG G4 should be one of the most interesting.

1. Best smartphone camera on the market (manual controls with RAW output)
2. The only high-end device with both removable battery and expandable storage (perfect for power users)
3. A variety of replaceable backs (plastic or leather)
4. Double tap to wake (I rather double tap the screen then push a button)
5. Buttons on the back (all accessible with one finger)

With 3GB of RAM and a Snapdragon 808, it's pretty much on par with all the other flagships and 99% of people aren't going to notice a difference say versus the Exynos 7422 in the Note 5.

Too bad the brand recognition just isn't there for LG compared to Samsung.

I've used LG phones from the first Optimus G to the current G4 and LG has always been on point with updates. Aside from the Nexus phones, LG will be the second to get Marshmallow on their phones and they're even updating the three year old G2 to Marshmallow as well. As for the S4 and Note 3, highly doubt Samsung will be doing the same.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.

Last edited by Razor Ramon HG; 10-24-2015 at 12:16 AM.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 12:05 AM   #104
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
G4 is a pretty lookin phone yes
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 12:42 AM   #105
Got MOD?

Quote:
Out of all the flagships today, the LG G4 should be one of the most interesting.

1. Best smartphone camera on the market (manual controls with RAW output)
2. The only high-end device with both removable battery and expandable storage (perfect for power users)
3. A variety of replaceable backs (plastic or leather)
4. Double tap to wake (I rather double tap the screen then push a button)
5. Buttons on the back (all accessible with one finger)

With 3GB of RAM and a Snapdragon 808, it's pretty much on par with all the other flagships and 99% of people aren't going to notice a difference say versus the Exynos 7422 in the Note 5.

Too bad the brand recognition just isn't there for LG compared to Samsung.

I've used LG phones from the first Optimus G to the current G4 and LG has always been on point with updates. Aside from the Nexus phones, LG will be the second to get Marshmallow on their phones and they're even updating the three year old G2 to Marshmallow as well. As for the S4 and Note 3, highly doubt Samsung will be doing the same.
The g4's camera is up there but it's not the best. Dxomark scores the camera the same as the 6p. Double tap is neat but my Nexus 6 was already able to do that as well.
My Feedback (50-0-0)

!MiKrofT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 01:33 AM   #106
Say! Say! Say!

The Nexus 5X/6P doesn't have manual controls or output to RAW as far as I know. And if you take a look at some videos shot on any of the new Nexuses, the uncontrollable shaking is real due to the lack of OIS/EIS on the 5X. The 6P will probably better in that regard, but not as good as the G4.

DxOMark gives a good sense of the sensors in the cameras, but they don't show the whole picture. IIRC, the S6 is ranked above the G4, but if you take a look at some low-light performance comparisons, the G4 is miles better in terms of noise and detail.
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:41 PM   #107
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
The Nexus 5X/6P doesn't have manual controls or output to RAW as far as I know. And if you take a look at some videos shot on any of the new Nexuses, the uncontrollable shaking is real due to the lack of OIS/EIS on the 5X. The 6P will probably better in that regard, but not as good as the G4.

DxOMark gives a good sense of the sensors in the cameras, but they don't show the whole picture. IIRC, the S6 is ranked above the G4, but if you take a look at some low-light performance comparisons, the G4 is miles better in terms of noise and detail.
you will need to download another camera app like manual camera to output to raw
Old 10-24-2015, 11:53 PM   #108
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts

according to this guy he got 5 1/2hrs screen on time from a charge.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 02:33 AM   #109
Got MOD?

Quote:

Manual control just has to do with the app. You can easily get an app that does that. And raw output? Who actually uses raw format especially on their phone.
My Feedback (50-0-0)

This post thanked by:
Old 10-25-2015, 04:29 AM   #110
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
People on reddit said the 5X battery is on par with the S6 as well, so that battery chart by Phonearena sounds about right.

Out of all three, get the LG G4.

Best flagship on the market right now in terms of value per dollar (alongside the Moto X Play/Pure). You can find people selling it BNIB for like $550 on Craigslist or RFD.

Nothing better than going from 0 to 100% in a matter of seconds with the removable battery..
That's pretty much my thoughts too. I don't used a whole lot of space so the sd card is no big deal for me. But I can kill batteries pretty quickly when it's a slow day at work.
Canadian Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 09:24 AM   #111
Say! Say! Say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !MiKrofT View Post
Manual control just has to do with the app. You can easily get an app that does that. And raw output? Who actually uses raw format especially on their phone.
Yes, you can download a third party app, but for some phones, third party apps degrade the camera since the stock camera app is optimized for it or they can't access the proprietary code/firmware (e.g. LG G3/G4). Another reason why if you put CM on some phones, your photos generally look shittier.

Photographers use RAW. With smartphone cameras improving, they no longer need to carry a point and shoot as a secondary or bring out a DSLR when they think they might need to take some shots. Take a look at these photos from flickr - https://www.flickr.com/groups/2817972@N21/pool/

And to backup my previous statement about DxOMark, go look at some real life samples of the Z5. Best sensor according to DxO, but worse than the S6 due to unoptimized firmware and post-processing.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:29 AM   #112
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Yes, you can download a third party app, but for some phones, third party apps degrade the camera since the stock camera app is optimized for it or they can't access the proprietary code/firmware (e.g. LG G3/G4). Another reason why if you put CM on some phones, your photos generally look shittier.

Photographers use RAW. With smartphone cameras improving, they no longer need to carry a point and shoot as a secondary or bring out a DSLR when they think they might need to take some shots. Take a look at these photos from flickr - https://www.flickr.com/groups/2817972@N21/pool/

And to backup my previous statement about DxOMark, go look at some real life samples of the Z5. Best sensor according to DxO, but worse than the S6 due to unoptimized firmware and post-processing.
Google's Camera API is getting better..and has teh ability to output raw..thus why an app like Manual Camera works.

but really..ppl want good and fast camera... because aside from taking pictures of my food... yea.. thats it..

haha
Old 10-25-2015, 10:21 AM   #113
Say! Say! Say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Budong View Post
Google's Camera API is getting better..and has teh ability to output raw..thus why an app like Manual Camera works.

but really..ppl want good and fast camera... because aside from taking pictures of my food... yea.. thats it..

haha
Lol, yeah, I just want a quick focusing camera that isn't complete shit in the dark.

The Note 4 I am using now is ok. Gets the job done, but I still prefer the G4.
Old 10-25-2015, 03:31 PM   #114
Got MOD?

Yes professional photographers can use raw. But if you look at the vast majority of camera phone users they're not going to be fidgeting with raw and post processing which is required and just want a quick snap.
My Feedback (50-0-0)

Old 10-25-2015, 04:13 PM   #115
Say! Say! Say!

Quote:
Yes professional photographers can use raw. But if you look at the vast majority of camera phone users they're not going to be fidgeting with raw and post processing which is required and just want a quick snap.
Yes, I was merely correcting your comment about the DxOMark.

Best way to compare camera sensors is still real-life comparisons, and from all the reviews I've seen, the G4 is still the best, especially in low-light.
Old 10-25-2015, 05:49 PM   #116
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:

Best way to compare camera sensors is still real-life comparisons, and from all the reviews I've seen, the G4 is still the best, especially in low-light.
+1

Benchmark scores mean nothing when they don't necessarily reflect real life use.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 06:48 PM   #117
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Razor Ramon has his panties in a bunch tryin to argue about Nexus 6p/5x camera

internet is realz

debating do I get phone or fly back home........

hahahahHAHAHAHhahaha....
This post thanked by:
Old 10-25-2015, 08:14 PM   #118
Got MOD?

Quote:

Guess we'll see when more people have the phone. I already have a note 5 so we'll see how this compares. It's hard to compare when you do say that the g4 has the best camera phone on the market. I still believe it's good but not the best it's hard to substantiate. Not saying the 6p would be better.
My Feedback (50-0-0)

Old 10-25-2015, 08:52 PM   #119
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Guess we'll see when more people have the phone. I already have a note 5 so we'll see how this compares. It's hard to compare when you do say that the g4 has the best camera phone on the market. I still believe it's good but not the best it's hard to substantiate. Not saying the 6p would be better.
Im hoping to see RazorRamon do that shootout with the 6P and G4
so make it happen brah
Old 10-25-2015, 09:28 PM   #120
Say! Say! Say!

Quote:
Im hoping to see RazorRamon do that shootout with the 6P and G4
so make it happen brah
Declining the 5X package tomorrow (since I picked up a Note 4), but I can do a shootout when my store starts carrying the 6P.

Note 5 and S6 have the same sensors and are pretty much on par with the G4, but the slightly wider aperture on the G4 means it's better in low light.

I will give the nod to Samsung though if you like more saturation and vibrance in photos. LG is more realistic.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:44 PM   #121
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Declining the 5X package tomorrow (since I picked up a Note 4), but I can do a shootout when my store starts carrying the 6P.

Note 5 and S6 have the same sensors and are pretty much on par with the G4, but the slightly wider aperture on the G4 means it's better in low light.

I will give the nod to Samsung though if you like more saturation and vibrance in photos. LG is more realistic.
you know you have a buyers remorse with google
just do the shootout and send it back
lol
Old 10-25-2015, 10:22 PM   #122
Say! Say! Say!

Quote:
you know you have a buyers remorse with google
just do the shootout and send it back
lol
I know, but I called into Google already and the guy told me to just decline the package.

It can wait a week or two

Don't you have three phones soon?
Old 10-26-2015, 04:40 PM   #123
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
My 6P shipped

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-26-2015, 05:08 PM   #124