REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   WPG boys need your help to get to SEMA!! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/705701-wpg-boys-need-your-help-get-sema.html)

LP700-4 10-06-2015 03:12 PM

BRZ looks really well done. Clean but not excessive. Unfortunately im going to have to vote for this bagged and supercharged TSX. Not very many people end up modding those and this one looks to be the best ive seen.

Benjamin Tran - PASMAG Tuner Battlegrounds
http://tunerbattlegrounds.com/cache/...8f2fbbf947.jpg

Cant decide which 350Z i like more. You guys say the red one is excessive but obviously you havent seen the other competitor :lol

evlee 10-06-2015 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duy- (Post 8687043)
any sweet drifting, drag launch, road racing pics? that would really boost up the popularity, nothings cooler than a photo of a car in action!

I think these are are for show only. But i could be wrong

evlee 10-06-2015 03:28 PM

I love that tsx

duy- 10-06-2015 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evlee (Post 8687049)

i only ask because

Quote:

Originally Posted by 350al (Post 8686876)
Alex's BRZ makes I believe around 350hp at the wheels. I've see the car drag raced, road raced, drifted, etc. He has the only car left in the competition that's actually seen a track!

350al 10-06-2015 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meme405 (Post 8686877)
Doing my best to keep people like you and Drow entertained:

With that said, I prefer Al's car over the other 350z by a mile, and I would rather see a fellow canadian boy make it down to SEMA rather than someone else. And atleast he was honest about this whole thing, so I won't hold the contest format against you Al, I'll vote for you whenever I remember.

EDIT: Just logged on to vote and its still not open. There's also some weird formatting issues on your page. Might want to contact PASMAG.

Thanks for the vote and the heads up, I'll check the page! Voting opened at 9am CST today.

Quote:

Originally Posted by E-SPEC (Post 8686883)
IMO nothing is all too special about the two cars. The BRZ looks pretty good. But the 350 is just beyond tasteful, too much going on.

You think mine has too much going on, you should see my competitor's. Same flare kit, but with 39 additional aero parts added on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shiesty (Post 8686893)
Why is it that last years champ was from winnipeg and 3 out of 4 contestants left for this year is from winnipeg?

We've got a pretty decent car scene going here, along with a lot of solid builds. I'm sure word from last years winner being local encouraged more local people to enter as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.C (Post 8686954)
So, where exactly do you guys drive these cars in Winnipeg? I can't imagine going up Pembina or Kenaston in either of these cars, and those are the good roads :X

I daily the Z. It's on air, goes up 5" if need be. Also with fat tires (295/30 fronts and 305/30 rears) I don't notice the shitty roads that much anymore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urrtoast (Post 8686970)
I agree with you
Brz looks well done.
350z meh to busy and the flares are not to my liking imho

As they say to each is own.

Good Luck BRZ

Like I said above, if you think mine is busy, check out my competitor's Z.

350al 10-06-2015 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duy- (Post 8687043)
any sweet drifting, drag launch, road racing pics? that would really boost up the popularity, nothings cooler than a photo of a car in action!

I'll ask Alex, I'm sure he's got some. I've seen it do all the above personally except the road racing. I wouldn't lie to you guys :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by LP700-4 (Post 8687045)
BRZ looks really well done. Clean but not excessive. Unfortunately im going to have to vote for this bagged and supercharged TSX. Not very many people end up modding those and this one looks to be the best ive seen.

Cant decide which 350Z i like more. You guys say the red one is excessive but obviously you havent seen the other competitor :lol

Thanks lol, and yeah about the competitor being a wee bit busy... You do know you can vote for multiple cars each day right?... So you could vote for the TSX, and vote for me daily lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by evlee (Post 8687049)

I daily drive the Z. Alex daily drives the BRZ pretty well every day as well. The BRZ has been tracked multiple times. The Z was just put together late July, so I'm still tuning and working the bugs out as well as a back injury that ruined a good chunk of my summer has prevented me from making it to the track. Track is closed for the season now, but I'll be drag racing it next season.

- kT 10-06-2015 08:44 PM

yes, he probably signed up solely to ask for votes, yes these things are popularity contests and yes their car's may not be my taste. but the fact that two friends have both won four rounds of this voting thing together and are looking at potentially having both their cars at SEMA is pretty cool, that in itself is enough reason to vote for them imo

gluck op!

Ikkaku 10-06-2015 09:00 PM

Michael Nguyen - PASMAG Tuner Battlegrounds

:sweetjesus:

westopher 10-06-2015 10:49 PM

Voted for Al. Normally I actually don't like 350z's at all, but yours is rad. A little over the top for me but still very clean.

E-SPEC 10-07-2015 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ikkaku (Post 8687133)

How are people gonna vote for something on Rota's? If you ask me YES IT DOES matter.

meme405 10-07-2015 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E-SPEC (Post 8687232)
How are people gonna vote for something on Rota's? If you ask me YES IT DOES matter.

Well the winner has to take off whatever wheels they have and slap on a set of Niche wheels. So does it still matter?

I can only imagine how some feel about taking off their rare JDM, or expensive multi-piece wheels and putting on a set of Niche wheels...

350al 10-07-2015 01:37 PM

Well folks, day 1 results are in.

I am ~200 votes behind and Alex is ~500 votes back.

Just a friendly reminder, you can vote every day as long as it's been 24 hours since you placed your last vote.

Here are the links to vote, it only takes a few seconds.

Vote for Al's 350Z Here

Vote for Alex's BRZ Here

E-SPEC 10-07-2015 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meme405 (Post 8687299)
Well the winner has to take off whatever wheels they have and slap on a set of Niche wheels. So does it still matter?

I can only imagine how some feel about taking off their rare JDM, or expensive multi-piece wheels and putting on a set of Niche wheels...

Hmmm.. didn't know about that part lol. None the less i wouldn't want to or feel comfortable with putting any car in with some cheap version wheels. But hey thats just me though.

350al 10-08-2015 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E-SPEC (Post 8687425)
Hmmm.. didn't know about that part lol. None the less i wouldn't want to or feel comfortable with putting any car in with some cheap version wheels. But hey thats just me though.

Alex and I are both in it more so just for the experience of going to SEMA with our cars. We both built our cars ourselves without help from big sponsors, so we haven't had the opportunity for a sponsor to bring the car for us.

Voting is still going on until Monday at Noon. You can vote once per day.

I've had tons of support from revscene, it's much appreciated!!

Cman333 10-08-2015 02:40 PM

Hopefully we'll see you guys at SEMA. :) Would be cool to see some more Canadian cars.

Urrtoast 10-08-2015 04:12 PM

Arg why such a huge Wing?? Sure doesnt suit the car.... Seems pointless and silly imho

Quote:

Originally Posted by LP700-4 (Post 8687045)

Benjamin Tran - PASMAG Tuner Battlegrounds
http://tunerbattlegrounds.com/cache/...8f2fbbf947.jpg