REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-05-2015, 07:56 PM   #1
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

WPG boys need your help to get to SEMA!!

Hi folks,

Myself, and my friend Alex are both in the top FOUR in the Performance Auto & Sound Magazine Tuner Battlegrounds competition.

We are both only ONE win away from having an expenses paid trip with our vehicles transported to SEMA.

Here are our cars, mine is the 350Z, his is the BRZ.

We are both underdogs in this competition, so we need your votes BAD. You can vote once every 24 hours for each of us for the next week.

In order to help us get votes daily, we have setup a mailing list so we can remind people to vote daily. We are asking for your support in allowing us to add you to the email list.

We will be emailing you only for the next week until this stage is over. After that the email list will be destroyed. Your email will be kept confidential, and will not be shared with anyone.

To thank you for your help and being added to the list we are giving away a ton of prizes:

$100 CAD Amazon gift card
Sparco hoodie
Sparco gloves
TTI merch
BMW branded apparel
Mini branded apparel
Various car care products
Fast Wheels t-shirt
PWJDM tow hook
And more!

If you are interested in helping out and possibly winning some of the stuff we are giving away:

Add yourself to the list here

If either of us make it to SEMA, and the mods here are OK with it, we will be putting at least one decent sized REVscene.net sticker on our cars for the show.

Thank you for your support!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't want to be added to the mailing list but still want to vote for both of us, or you want check out our cars, you can do so here:

Vote for Al's 350Z Here

Vote for Alex's BRZ Here

You can vote for BOTH of us DAILY.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Want to help even more?

Sharing our vote links, or this thread with friends, family, coworkers, etc is extremely helpful! The more people we reach the better our odds are!

Thank you guys VERY MUCH for your support with this! Alex and I both appreciate it greatly!

Want more info on the cars?
Al's Build Thread
Alex's Build Thread
Advertisement
350al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 08:19 PM   #2
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,776 Times in 444 Posts
Oh, it only starts tomorrow?

I'll vote, just because you guys have the balls to drive those cars in the shitty streets of Winnipeg.

http://www.e38registry.org/
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-05-2015, 08:59 PM   #3
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
Oh, it only starts tomorrow?

I'll vote, just because you guys have the balls to drive those cars in the shitty streets of Winnipeg.
Thanks!! Appreciate it! Don't forget you can vote once every 24 hours until next Monday.

Yeah, this round starts tomorrow at 9am CST. This is the final round before SEMA. Luckily, we're both on different sides of the ladder, so we can both end up at SEMA.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:07 PM   #4
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Honestly this competition is so annoying, it gets so old seeing the posts plastered all over all my FB groups, instagram and now on RS about voting for this dude or that dude.

Al, I have commented on your car previously on VQ Family, its a unique ride, the paint, some of the body work (like the gas cap delete), its spot on. I'm not a huge fan of the over fender trend these days, but whatever.

This is all besides the point though, what bothers me most about this contest is the fact that it is just one huge popularity contest. This isn't supposed to be a dig at your car, but there was two other vehicles specifically representing the Nissan/Infiniti family that deserved the top spots way more than you or Brian. The two vehicles would be that of Randy Riggs and Alf's Blue Waffle G35:

Yet neither of these cars even cleared the top 8.

With that said I think this contest is a broken system which just further promotes the insta-fame mentality of our current car society at the detriment of well built, well rounded, and beautifully hand crafted cars.

So no long story short I won't be voting for you or your friend, nor will I be voting for the other two guys.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-05-2015, 10:29 PM   #5
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,802 Times in 3,898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
Honestly this competition is so annoying, it gets so old seeing the posts plastered all over all my FB groups, instagram and now on RS about voting for this dude or that dude.

This is all besides the point though, what bothers me most about this contest is the fact that it is just one huge popularity contest.

With that said I think this contest is a broken system which just further promotes the insta-fame mentality of our current car society at the detriment of well built, well rounded, and beautifully hand crafted cars.
online voting being a popularity contest...OMG WHO KNEW?!
no one had problems voting for past members when they needed our support. Chef vlogs, doritos contest etc. Guess what, those were popularity contests too. Most of these voting systems aren't merit based. If your gripe was more about OP having only recently signed up an RS account days/week ago and not a regular here then yeah I can understand. Otherwise, no real need to stink in someone's thread when they're asking for support from fellow car guys.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 11:37 PM   #6
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
meme just being meme. he likes to shit his zero cents (because rounded down) in all threads.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:13 AM   #7
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
This is all besides the point though, what bothers me most about this contest is the fact that it is just one huge popularity contest. This isn't supposed to be a dig at your car, but there was two other vehicles specifically representing the Nissan/Infiniti family that deserved the top spots way more than you or Brian. The two vehicles would be that of Randy Riggs and Alf's Blue Waffle G35:
I agree with you 100% about the contest being a huge popularity contest. Unfortunately it's not about the car, it's about who can whore themselves for more votes.

I am well aware of Alfred and Randy's cars, they are both immaculate and well deserving of the win, but they both put in very little effort into the contest which is why they didn't advance. Why? Probably because they aren't that motivated to get to SEMA with the contest because they have other means to get to SEMA. I know Randy is going to SEMA with a sponsor.

I don't have that option, I don't have big ticket sponsors or someone willing to pay my way to SEMA, hence why I am in this contest...
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2015, 05:18 AM   #8
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

So, voting opens in an hour. You can vote once every 24 hours. Every vote is greatly appreciated!

Here is what you're voting for.

- 407 hp (I've modified more since, just haven't made it back to the dyno)
- 295/30 front tires, 305/30 rear tires
- DAILY DRIVER
- Airlift / Accuair Suspension
- Every single body panel has been modified/changed except the roof, doors and A-pillars.

I had major involvement in every aspect of the car. From doing all the wiring and engine bay tucking myself, to doing all the fiberglassing myself, to designing the paint color and masking the car for paint.

I've got over 1000 hours in the engine bay, body work, and paint. This car wasn't just dropped off at a shop then picked up finished like some other "builds".

Every piece of the flare kit has been cut up and modified, so has the rear bumper. The rear wing was made from scratch. You'd be hard pressed to look anywhere on the car and find stuff that isn't one of one.

If I sound like a salesman, well, it's because I am. I need to sell this car to you, so you vote for me in this competition!

EVERY SINGLE VOTE IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. I know most of us car guys all dream of going to SEMA, I have for years. Well, this is my chance!

Old 10-06-2015, 05:22 AM   #9
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Alex's BRZ makes I believe around 350hp at the wheels. I've see the car drag raced, road raced, drifted, etc. He has the only car left in the competition that's actually seen a track! (I just finished mine late July, worked the kinks out over the last two months, plan to drag race it at a minimum next year).

By the way, if you want to know all of the nitty gritty details on the BRZ build, he has an extremely detailed build journal that he started when ne got it in Fall of 2013. It's boosted, on bags, full body mods, full interior, and all tasteful! It also has some rare high end parts on it as well that some of you might appreciate (Todoroki fenders, Edirb seats, Prova, DAMD, etc etc)

2013 Subaru BRZ Build Thread - page 1 - Journals - Top Tier Imports - Almost 900 posts and over 45,000 views. If you're like me and enjoy a good build read, this is it!

Here's a shot of how it sits now:

and

[/B][/QUOTE]
Interior shots

This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2015, 05:58 AM   #10
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
meme just being meme. he likes to shit his zero cents (because rounded down) in all threads.
Doing my best to keep people like you and Drow entertained:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow View Post
Getting tired of reading meme's fuck-u posts on every thread i stumble upon

Id love for him to meet dinosaur and w.e that faggot bf's username was
With that said, I prefer Al's car over the other 350z by a mile, and I would rather see a fellow canadian boy make it down to SEMA rather than someone else. And atleast he was honest about this whole thing, so I won't hold the contest format against you Al, I'll vote for you whenever I remember.

EDIT: Just logged on to vote and its still not open. There's also some weird formatting issues on your page. Might want to contact PASMAG.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 07:40 AM   #11
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

IMO nothing is all too special about the two cars. The BRZ looks pretty good. But the 350 is just beyond tasteful, too much going on.

Last edited by E-SPEC; 10-06-2015 at 07:45 AM.
E-SPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:07 AM   #12
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Why is it that last years champ was from winnipeg and 3 out of 4 contestants left for this year is from winnipeg?
shiesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:08 AM   #13
I'll never be Diggy, no matter how hard I try

Thanked 2,111 Times in 633 Posts
edit: oh wait, i just rehashed what meme said. lol

Last edited by trollguy; 10-06-2015 at 08:31 AM.
trollguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:24 AM   #14
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Meme405 has a good point, next thing you know we have an RX-8 with and R8 side blade vinyl on the front page of Honda-Tech (I know, don't ask)

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:33 AM   #15
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I like the BRZ.

For the 350Z, you're matched against...another 350Z.
2015 Tuner Battlegrounds: Championship (Stage 5) Standings - PASMAG Tuner Battlegrounds

I like the other one more, but nice work anyways.
heleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:49 AM   #16
Need my Daily Fix of RS

send him to SEMA

Spoiler!
123654123 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2015, 08:51 AM   #17

That Matte Grey one is so much nicer than the OP one!
Old 10-06-2015, 08:54 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123654123 View Post
send him to SEMA

Spoiler!
I am STILL waiting to see pics of this at the show. I left before i got a chance. At the registration point he was in front of me. I asked the show workers "is this guy really entering this car?" They laughed and said "i know.." shrugging.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:26 AM   #19
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
2 awesome Z builds in this battle. To pick a winner all I do is ask myself which one I would want to drive more.......

Berz out.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:28 AM   #20
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
Doing my best to keep people like you and Drow entertained:
Thanks homie
Old 10-06-2015, 09:59 AM   #21
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,776 Times in 444 Posts
So, where exactly do you guys drive these cars in Winnipeg? I can't imagine going up Pembina or Kenaston in either of these cars, and those are the good roads :X

http://www.e38registry.org/
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 10:31 AM   #22
I don't get it

I like the other z better
evlee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2015, 10:34 AM   #23
Need my Daily Fix of RS

I agree with you
Brz looks well done.
350z meh to busy and the flares are not to my liking imho

As they say to each is own.

Good Luck BRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-SPEC View Post
IMO nothing is all too special about the two cars. The BRZ looks pretty good. But the 350 is just beyond tasteful, too much going on.
Urrtoast is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2015, 12:20 PM   #24
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
These guys are trying hard to get votes. Just saw a post from accuair on Instagram for that red 350z
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 03:03 PM   #25
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,120 Times in 280 Posts
any sweet drifting, drag launch, road racing pics? that would really boost up the popularity, nothings cooler than a photo of a car in action!