REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-14-2015, 12:27 AM   #1
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,209 Times in 1,394 Posts
Home TV, Internet and Phone Bundles

Household has been switching from Telus and Shaw back and forth for the past couple of years to take advantage of the companies' six month promos.

Aside from Telus and Shaw, are there other companies that offer competitive pricing for above bundles? And has anyone ever called retentions and asked if they could extend the six month promo price indefinitely?

Family is paying about $100 a month right now for Telus Internet 25, a bunch of HD channels (only my dad watches TV) and home phone (which we may or may not cut).
Advertisement
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 06:14 AM   #2
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

As far as I know, Telus and Shaw have optik/cable TV and internet to home. Other providers have satellite TV, which does not come with reliable high speed internet.

As for calling retention after the promo period, I have never gotten Telus to give me a permanent lower price. They usually give me another 6 months at a lower rate. Once, they gave me a promo for 9 months, which was a weird. Anyway, long story short, just call back everytime the promo period ends and ask for another one. You don't have to go through the hansle of switching company. If you don't get what you want when calling in, call back another day to get another customer rep.

Oh, if you're in a contract, you're screwed. They won't give a good deal if you're locked in with them.
Reeyal is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2015, 07:19 AM   #3
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,599 Posts
$100 is pretty good, most people I know are over $200 for the three
Old 10-14-2015, 08:35 AM   #4
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 4,518 Times in 691 Posts
I have a Shaw rep through which I've been able to keep my promos. Haven't had a full bill in a couple years. There are several ways to keep your bill at promo level. Why pay full price when you don't have to?

Anyone can PM me and I can hook you up with the details.
1992 Nissan President Sovereign, Black
1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R, Black
1989 Nissan Skyline GTS-4, Black
1986 Porsche 944, Black
SpartanAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 09:20 PM   #5
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

been renewing my telus promo for a couple years now. paying about $85 for telus phone, internet25, and optik tv with certain hd channels. each time we renew it's about an increase in $5-10 which sucks but better than paying $200ish. go to cancellation/retention line to renew your promo
yameen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 09:20 PM   #6
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

they are also currently having the 6 month unlimited bandwidth promo
yameen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 10:26 PM   #7
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yameen View Post
they are also currently having the 6 month unlimited bandwidth promo
Sauce for this? Getting Telus installed on Friday and hopefully I can get this still.
vixroar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 11:38 PM   #8
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,978 Times in 1,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeyal View Post
As for calling retention after the promo period, I have never gotten Telus to give me a permanent lower price. They usually give me another 6 months at a lower rate. Once, they gave me a promo for 9 months, which was a weird. Anyway, long story short, just call back everytime the promo period ends and ask for another one. You don't have to go through the hansle of switching company. If you don't get what you want when calling in, call back another day to get another customer rep.
This.

Been doing this for the last 2 years. Just taking 12 month or 6 month promos at a time.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-15-2015, 12:18 AM   #9
Say! Say! Say!

Talked to someone at one of the Telus direct to consumer booths at Metrotown today.

Quoted me a decent television + internet bundle that would equal to about $60 a month (for a year) with the first month free + $100 in credits.

Basic channels + Sports/Cantonese combos + Internet 25.

Probably will go with him. Just have to sort out everything and make sure he's not bullshitting me since it seems too good to be true.
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Old 10-15-2015, 06:13 AM   #10
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

By the way, when I lived in Vancouver, these Telus stores and booths were not actually Telus employees. They were resellers of Telus products and services.
I find that they can't get a good deal as if you call up Telus directly. In all, these stores and booths have to call Telus anyway to get a deal you wanted.

I know it's nice to talk to someone face-to-face, but if you can express what you want over the phone, I would go with that instead.
Reeyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 07:12 AM   #11
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
Talked to someone at one of the Telus direct to consumer booths at Metrotown today.

Quoted me a decent television + internet bundle that would equal to about $60 a month (for a year) with the first month free + $100 in credits.

Basic channels + Sports/Cantonese combos + Internet 25.

Probably will go with him. Just have to sort out everything and make sure he's not bullshitting me since it seems too good to be true.
Is it a contract though?
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 08:53 AM   #12
Say! Say! Say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagella View Post
Is it a contract though?
He said it was month to month and he selected the option on his iPad to prove it. I calculated for one year since I don't want to be locked in for longer term and I think some discounts run out after a year.

I also subtracted $10 or whatever from the PVR rental fees since we already have one at my house.
Old 10-15-2015, 09:08 PM   #13
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Try some of the Chinese companies. My dad is using CIK (Customer is King) for like $45/month. You get a crapload of Asian TV channels for the TV though and no local TV so that may break the deal.
matrixfwd is offline   Reply With Quote