REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-15-2015, 06:46 PM   #1
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Lexus IS vs Acura TLX??

2016 Lexus IS 200t Turbo, IS 300 AWD, or IS 350 AWD | Lexus Canada
2015 Acura TLX Specifications

im deciding between getting those two cars above.
in your opinion which one is better as in terms of looks,maintenance, reliability, and fuel ecomony??

the Lexus IS is a litte bit more pricey but what makes it worth getting more then the Acura TLX?
Advertisement
saluka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-15-2015, 07:28 PM   #2
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
so poor.

why not RC-F?
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-15-2015, 07:53 PM   #3
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,752 Times in 1,182 Posts
TLX with 4 banger is great. The 8-speed DCT is great. But it's selling so well that there's little incentive.

The V6 OTOH had a lot of incentive. They ran a sale just last month where you were able to do 4yr lease at 380 tax in per month. If you can get similar deal, TLX is a better deal all-around.

The V6 AWD Elite trim has all the latest car tech in it. On a long drive you basically hit highway and it would drive itself until you need to get off. Oh, and Acura Link so you can access certain aspect of car remotely as well as concierge service I believe.

If you are into car tech, it's got pretty much every premium option you can add (LED, GPS, auto everything, including active emergency braking, lane keeping and cruising)

The IS in comparison isn't that high tech per se IIRC. (even the top package) But some might like the styling a bit better than Acura.

In short, if styling is indifferent for you, Acura TLX offers a very competitive product for its price and I'd personally take it over a Lexus IS.
Old 10-15-2015, 08:41 PM   #4
KO7
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

I haven't done enough research on these to give an opinion on which I would choose, but man I love the red interior you can get on the IS if adding the F Sport package.
KO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-15-2015, 08:56 PM   #5
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
I'm curious in how well the IS200t will respond to tuning...
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 09:06 PM   #6
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,399 Times in 396 Posts
Why limit yourself to those two choices? Ask mommy & daddy to buy you a faster car.
v_tec is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2015, 09:20 PM   #7
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
Is there a story behind the OP?

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2015, 09:52 PM   #8
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Is there a story behind the OP?
yeah, hes asking a legitimate question and everyone is being an asshole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 11:23 PM   #9
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Haven't had a chance to drive the new Lexus IS yet, but you can always check out my review of the new TLX V6 Elite.

http://www.revscene.net/forums/70563...acura-tlx.html
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 12:34 AM   #10
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
The 6-speed auto they put in the AWD IS is a pile of crap, back seat pretty useless too. Front seats are better than the TLX and I prefer the interior of the IS, better materials and more user friendly IMO.

TLX very good chassis tuning, good fuel economy, good gearbox (8 speed), usable rear legroom. Better all rounder but a little boring to look at.
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-16-2015, 05:54 AM   #11
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Why so many trolls here?

The Lexus IS is considered a "compact" and Acura TLX is considered "midsize" class. It is best to test drive and see each vehicle in person to make up your own mind. Sales people will try to push for a sale. Always sleep on a decision before making one.

A note though: the IS is RWD (or RWD bias in AWD models) and the TLX is FWD (or FWD bias in AWD models). The car handling between the two drivetrain is completely different.
Reeyal is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-16-2015, 06:28 AM   #12
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Ive noticed with Acura, their pricing seems to be slightly lower than Lexus but quality wise I'd say they're the same.

From what I understand from speaking to a few salesman is Acura doesn't sell well in Canada except for the MDX

So that might explain the price disparity

I don't think you could go wrong with either choice, they both make good cars

That's my 2 cents :P you may not even see it though as I would have given up after all these troll remarks
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 06:41 AM   #13
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Seeing how the ES is only $2,000 more than the IS, i'd much rather go with the ES. But dass jussss me.

BlAh~
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 07:10 AM   #14
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,187 Times in 360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saluka View Post
2016 Lexus IS 200t Turbo, IS 300 AWD, or IS 350 AWD | Lexus Canada
2015 Acura TLX Specifications

im deciding between getting those two cars above.
in your opinion which one is better as in terms of looks,maintenance, reliability, and fuel ecomony??

the Lexus IS is a litte bit more pricey but what makes it worth getting more then the Acura TLX?
The TLX is larger, has a usable backseat, and more feature load for the money.
The IS is smaller, sportier, and has an arguable better design.
AstulzerRZD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 07:30 AM   #15
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Looks - overall IS (modern aggressive) > TLX (clean lines and appeals to majority of public).

Maintenance - only fair comparison is dealership pricing on recommended scheduled maintenance items. I would suspect there won't be a huge gap here

Reliability - can't seem to find any long term testers on the web to provide some advice, but you do get that Japanese reliability

Fuel - really comes down to AWD vs FWD / RWD and if you go with turbo how heavy your foot is.

If I were making a decision based on value, model depending, leaning towards TLX, but hey you only live once. the IS is a bit pricier but also more appealing to me.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:32 AM   #16
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Size was really the differentiating factor when I chose my TL-S over IS350.

They might have made improvement on IS's interior space but when we drove the previous gen IS, the backseats were really not comfortable for average size adults. I was surprised even my wife with average asian girl height was bumping her head against the roof.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 11:33 AM   #17
RS Lurker, I don't post!

thanks guys for the feedback. i came down to the same conclusion with most of you guys the IS is alot more appealing to the eye, as for the TLX its not as appealing as the IS but is better in almost everything else.

also thank you vtec for making it obvious to everyone that you dont work hard enough so you blame society for your misfortunes. i work very hard for my money but thanks for asking before assuming.

Last edited by saluka; 10-16-2015 at 06:43 PM.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-16-2015, 02:09 PM   #18
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post
I'm curious in how well the IS200t will respond to tuning...
If its anything like the 2IS, not very well unfortunately.

The ECU is heavily encrypted from factory
Qmx323 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 03:49 PM   #19
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

If you're going with the TLX, you might want to consider waiting for the 2016. I was told by a sales person that they're going to include a lot of the assist features as standard that were only offered in Tech/Elite in 2015, things like lane keep assist, adaptive cruise, collision mitigation...etc.

I had a 2016 ILX with those features as a courtesy car. I usually hate these assist features and warnings, but Acura has done it in a not as intrusive way as some others. It was actually quite impressive how well it work, the thing pretty much drove itself on the highway. It also had the same powertrain as the TLX. It is one of the best if the the best automatic I've ever driven. The DCT responds and shifts fast, and will actually downshift and rev match close to redline almost instantly as soon as you pull the paddle.

I haven't driven the IS, so I can't give you a fair comparison. Best way to decide is to go test drive both.
ronald55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 06:35 PM   #20
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronald55555 View Post
If you're going with the TLX, you might want to consider waiting for the 2016. I was told by a sales person that they're going to include a lot of the assist features as standard that were only offered in Tech/Elite in 2015, things like lane keep assist, adaptive cruise, collision mitigation...etc.

I had a 2016 ILX with those features as a courtesy car. I usually hate these assist features and warnings, but Acura has done it in a not as intrusive way as some others. It was actually quite impressive how well it work, the thing pretty much drove itself on the highway. It also had the same powertrain as the TLX. It is one of the best if the the best automatic I've ever driven. The DCT responds and shifts fast, and will actually downshift and rev match close to redline almost instantly as soon as you pull the paddle.

I haven't driven the IS, so I can't give you a fair comparison. Best way to decide is to go test drive both.
i think i read somewhere that the 2016 TLX isnt being released until the summertime of 2016, which seems kind of funny to me considering the 2015 TLX was released sometime in august 2014 i beleive. can anyone confirm this??.Also i didnt get a chance to look into the ILX, just curious what is the difference between the exterior of the ILX and the TLX?

Last edited by saluka; 10-16-2015 at 06:57 PM.
Old 10-17-2015, 02:52 PM   #21
RS controls my life!

Why not Q50S?
Leung_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: