REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 06-28-2016, 06:33 PM   #76
I STILL don't get it

Competitive Play is OUT!

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20167051

Suprise there no Dva buff before the update
Advertisement
bobola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 09:20 AM   #77
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
tried dva for the first time last night.... you have to wait until her ultimate pops up in order to recall the machine?

i was basically stuck as a 150hp weaksauce character..... unreal.... friggin hard to use lol

and then I see players like taimou from envyUS (rank 1 team in the world) get a team wipe with dva (with most of the dps done by him...)

haha

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 10:27 AM   #78
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

HypeBeast#1757 anyone wanna play so we can get dat group xp bonus
Kaolinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 02:00 PM   #79
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
anyone get 10/10 wins in Competitive
Old 06-29-2016, 02:54 PM   #80
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

I got 6/4...

got rated as 47
ImPan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 04:08 PM   #81
Work hard, Play Hard - Wiz

Thanked 2,011 Times in 368 Posts
Anyone down to play?
604778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 04:20 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
anyone get 10/10 wins in Competitive
im around rank 20 atm, feelsbadman.... no time to play as much

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Old 06-30-2016, 12:37 AM   #83
I STILL don't get it

solo que, 8/10 wins, rank 57, most of the game was with RoadHogs and Lucio.

Try to get your team to run 2 heals. It seems to be the best (Mercy and Lucio )...a dead dps is zero dps.

Hardest part is really getting your team to work together and picking the right heroes.
Good luck with those shitty Genji/Hanzo pickers.
bobola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 12:48 AM   #84
degenerate extraordinaire

Mei ftw!
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 07:35 AM   #85
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
tried dva for the first time last night.... you have to wait until her ultimate pops up in order to recall the machine?

i was basically stuck as a 150hp weaksauce character..... unreal.... friggin hard to use lol

and then I see players like taimou from envyUS (rank 1 team in the world) get a team wipe with dva (with most of the dps done by him...)

haha
Try playing her like a flanker, she can take a lot of damage, but she's not a true tank like Reinhardt. It's a similar play style to tracer where you disrupt them from the back end because your jets allow you to get to places they don't expect. And when out of mech, stay long range because her pistol has no dropoff damage; it's also surprisingly powerful. I just recently picked up D.VA too and she's becoming one of my mains, her ulti is a game changer
Old 07-03-2016, 11:17 PM   #86
das not it mane

Leavers are ruining this game for both teams. Whoever came up with the leaver penalty design should be fired.
Old 07-04-2016, 08:28 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwon View Post
Leavers are ruining this game for both teams. Whoever came up with the leaver penalty design should be fired.
i think its just quickplay, i dont even take it srs anymore with quickplay but i am below level 25

hackusations for taimou from envyUS arose and IDDQD is a f*cking god

top 5 players ive seen : surefour, reaver, IDDQD, talespin, last one prob harryhook or taimou

edit: lol I thought overwatch would be easy cause I come from a counter strike background and oh boy... everything is so fast paced compared to cs! all about precision and aim and methodical movements in cs go, overwatch you go full bezerk haha

Quote:
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Old 07-07-2016, 07:45 AM   #88
das not it mane

Quote:
i think its just quickplay, i dont even take it srs anymore with quickplay but i am below level 25

hackusations for taimou from envyUS arose and IDDQD is a f*cking god

top 5 players ive seen : surefour, reaver, IDDQD, talespin, last one prob harryhook or taimou

edit: lol I thought overwatch would be easy cause I come from a counter strike background and oh boy... everything is so fast paced compared to cs! all about precision and aim and methodical movements in cs go, overwatch you go full bezerk haha
I meant competitive mode. I rarely touch quick play these days. I made the wise choice of solo queuing all 10 of my placement matches and went 2/8 lol; this gave me a rank of 36 and now I'm stuck in an endless loop of leavers and baddies. I'm certainly not the best player (on psn), but I would give myself a rating of 45-50 (check my stats below, D.VA is currently ranked 14 in the world in K/D ratio). I know it's a team game, but personal score needs to be factored in more to avoid situations like this.

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/career/psn/young__snow
Master Overwatch ? young__snow on PSN (GLOBAL) ? Profile Overview
Old 07-12-2016, 02:18 AM   #89
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 5,158 Times in 579 Posts
Chronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 11:30 AM   #90
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts

"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 12:10 PM   #91
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
another sniper..
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 01:06 PM   #92
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebacon View Post
another sniper..
New Overwatch Hero Revealed; Watch the Healing Sniper in Action
The new Overwatch hero, whose name was suspected to be Sombra, simultaneously heals her team and hurts her foes. \

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new.../1100-6441704/

Quote:
Blizzard teased a new Overwatch hero recently with a blueprint of a healing sniper rifle, and now the developer has revealed the new character. Ana is a Support character who uses her rifle and other abilities to simultaneously heal her teammates and hurt her foes--and she just so happens to be Pharah's mother, too. You can try her out for yourself through the Public Test Realm right now.

The weapon you'll use most as Ana is her Biotic Rifle. It fires long-range darts that restore your allies' health or deal ongoing damage if you shoot an enemy with one. In addition to the rifle, Ana has a Sleep Dart, which knocks enemies unconscious.

For close-quarters combat, Ana can utilize her Biotic Grenade, which heals teammates and damages opponents standing within its small area of effect. An added bonus to the grenade is a temporary increase to all healing your allies receive. Additionally, any enemies caught in its area of effect will not be able to receive healing for a period of time.

Lastly, Ana's Ultimate ability, Nano Boost, turns a teammate into a superpowered soldier. It gives them increased damage, faster movement, and a higher resistance to damage while active.

You can watch Ana's gameplay video at the top of the article, and you can learn more about her backstory in her origins video here.

To try Ana out for yourself right now, you'll need to have Overwatch on PC. Open the Battle.net client, go to where you select your region/account (right above the Play button), and choose "PTR: Overwatch." The PTR will need to install, but once it has, you'll be able to play as Ana as much as you like.

Many players believed the Support sniper was named Sombra, as the name can be seen in several locations on the Dorado map. Reaper can also be heard saying, "Where is Sombra when you need her?" Although the Support sniper character turned out to be Ana, it's still possible that Sombra could be an entirely separate character.

Ana is introduced alongside a patch that makes several balance changes to multiple heroes. Some of the changes affect Zenyatta's vulnerability and D.Va's Defense Field. We'll keep you updated as the patch notes are released.

We got the opportunity to speak to Blizzard's principal designer, Scott Mercer, and he told us that players can expect some changes to Competitive Play in the near future. There will soon be a one-hero limit, which will prevent teams from having multiple players using the same hero. And when Season 2 commences, Sudden Death will be removed in favor of ending a game in a tie.

In other Overwatch news, the first-person shooter stayed near the top of the PS4's top-selling digital games for another month. The only game to beat it was Battlefield 4, which was discounted heavily during June.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 04:23 PM   #93
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,275 Times in 434 Posts
New update today and it's the Summer Games. Some new skins to go with the theme as well as a new game mode similar to rocket league but with Lucio.

Quote:
Crack your knuckles, stretch those hamstrings, and turn up the volume—the Summer Games have begun.

For the next three weeks, we're celebrating the spirit of competition in true Overwatch fashion. Earn special seasonal Loot Boxes, collect over 100 new cosmetic items, and hit the field with your friends in our latest brawl: Lúcioball!

GO FOR THE GOLD
Starting today (and for the duration of the event), any new Loot Boxes you earn or purchase will be sporting an updated look, but the packaging isn’t the only thing that’s changed!

Inside, players will have a chance to find a variety of new cosmetic items commemorating the Summer Games—including themed sprays, emotes, victory poses, highlight intros, player icons, and some very special skins. Though they can't be purchased with credits, each seasonal Loot Box you receive is guaranteed to contain at least one item from our Summer Games 2016 collection.

While any Summer Games item you unlock will be yours forever, the collection will be heading back into the vault on August 22 when the event concludes. So, if you’ve got your eye on something specific, there's no time to lose!

PITCH PERFECT
Our Summer Games event wouldn't be complete without a display of athletic expertise, which is why we're unveiling a brand new brawl: Lúcioball! This futuristic spin on soccer places you in a fast-paced, 3v3 match featuring everyone's favorite beat-dropping Brazilian.

Teams will face-off in the beautiful Estádio das Rãs, located in the heart of Rio de Janeiro. Equipped with jump pads and speed-boosting walls, this unique arena amplifies Lúcio's abilities, allowing players to punch, glide, block, bounce, and boop and their way to victory.

Each game of Lúcioball lasts four minutes, and the team that scores the most goals in that time...wins!

Speaking of abilities…understanding how Lúcio interacts with the ball is the key to mastering Lúcioball. For this brawl, his primary fire has been replaced with a melee attack, allowing Lúcio to punch the ball—perfect for dribbling, passing, and shooting from short range. When you need to launch the ball across the map, Lúcio’s alternate fire emits a blast of sound that gets the job done nicely.

Unlike other game modes, the speed boost from Lúcio’s Crossfade only affects himself in Lúcioball (Amp It Up will still increase that boost, as normal), and his ultimate ability, Sound Barrier, now pulls the ball toward him from anywhere on the field.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN
This is our very first seasonal event in Overwatch, but there are more on the horizon. We're not quite ready to reveal our plans, but you can expect to see more festive Loot Box items, maps, and modes in the future. So, keep your eyes trained on playoverwatch.com for more information, and don't forget to follow our Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube channels for all the latest updates.

In the meantime, fire up your favorite gaming system and dive in—because Summer Games is live right now on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

We'll see you in Rio!
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 01:10 PM   #94

rank 53 competitive right now, mcree / reaper is my main with a little zenyatta/lucio mixed

anyone down to group up? I have a microphone and use it regularly to communicate.

Quote:
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Old 08-03-2016, 10:38 PM   #95
das not it mane

Quote:
rank 53 competitive right now, mcree / reaper is my main with a little zenyatta/lucio mixed

anyone down to group up? I have a microphone and use it regularly to communicate.
Weren't you in the 20's before?
Old 08-04-2016, 06:38 AM   #96
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,275 Times in 434 Posts
I think he meant is actual level and not his rank.

If you guys use discord I usually find a group on the /r/overwatch server: https://discordapp.com/invite/overwatch

I'm comp 55 right now was 56 last night. My bnet is ForbiddenX#1223

Usually play solider/roadhog/mccree
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 07:03 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwon View Post
Weren't you in the 20's before?
that was my overall rank (not my competitive rank) i should have specified that oops.... I will never be level 20 in competitive if i had background in counter strike for 10+ years (global elite a couple of times :P)

forbidden lets play?

only big thing I main as a must is reaper on KOTH, im a god with that hero

favorite map is nepal and lijang tower lol

Quote:
my bedroom =D
Quote:

Last edited by Verdasco; 08-04-2016 at 07:43 AM.
Old 08-04-2016, 07:42 AM   #98
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
I'm down to play, I added ForbiddenX.
Old 08-04-2016, 08:42 AM   #99

Verdasco #11577

did anyone add me already? unsure who did

Quote:
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Old 08-04-2016, 10:51 PM   #100
das not it mane

Quote:
that was my overall rank (not my competitive rank) i should have specified that oops.... I will never be level 20 in competitive if i had background in counter strike for 10+ years (global elite a couple of times :P)

forbidden lets play?

only big thing I main as a must is reaper on KOTH, im a god with that hero

favorite map is nepal and lijang tower lol
lol my bad, but that would've been an epic climb from 20 to 53

I'm getting super lucky with the new loot boxes. I already got Nihon Genji and striker Lucio, but too bad I never play Genji. I really want that Korea D.Va though

Last edited by jonwon; 08-04-2016 at 10:58 PM.
jonwon is offline   Reply With Quote