REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics (https://www.revscene.net/forums/computer-tech-gaming-electronics_32/)
-   -   Call Of Duty Black Ops III (https://www.revscene.net/forums/706182-call-duty-black-ops-iii.html)

Vansterdam 11-06-2015 06:31 AM

Call Of Duty Black Ops III

game is out today! anyone getting it for the PC? I was just like meh its another COD. but considering the developer (Treyarch) had 3 years to make this game and reading this review it totally changed my mind. looks preety sick with all the extra game modes and such

Black Ops III's Solo Experience Is Surprisingly Deep

its only 48$ on cdkeys.com if you like em on facebook theres 5% off code works out to $45 :)

GLOW 11-06-2015 07:18 AM

i read that the game has decent features like deep offline storymode and 4 person coop.
not sure how i'd feel like all the high tech weapons though as i prefer the black ops 1 timelines

let me know how you like it if you buy it.

Vansterdam 11-06-2015 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLOW (Post 8696697)
i read that the game has decent features like deep offline storymode and 4 person coop.
not sure how i'd feel like all the high tech weapons though as i prefer the black ops 1 timelines

let me know how you like it if you buy it.

u could always just download it off steam and refund it if you dont like it ;)

within fourteen days of purchase, and the title has been played for less than two hours.

BoostedBB6 11-06-2015 08:41 AM

I have had every COD since Modern Warfare. I have really enjoyed them up until Black Ops I. Once that one hit I no longer enjoy the game. It lost its feel which really disappointed me.

I liked Ghosts, it felt like a step back to what COD was but added some wanted stuff. Now with Advanced Warfare I simply don't play anymore. The whole flying through the air crap is a joke. I didnt buy COD to play Halo.

I will probably buy BO3 but I dont expect to enjoy it as much as I used to.

twitchyzero 11-06-2015 09:29 AM

please don't support a pile of shit like this

Black Ops III: 12 GB RAM and GTX 980 Ti Not Enough
https://www.techpowerup.com/217308/b...ot-enough.html

the whole franchise went on a sharp decline on PC since MW2 when they didn't even have dedicated servers.

after the whole Batman Arkham Knight debacle on PC early this year I'm surprised another studio has managed to mess it up almost as bad

gilly 11-06-2015 09:48 AM

3 friends and I are going to finish the 4 player campaign mode in one night.

underscore 11-06-2015 09:54 AM

If the 4 player campaign mode is any good I might pick it up, but after the MW3 campaign only lasted 4 hours I haven't bought a CoD game since.

Vansterdam 11-06-2015 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 8696727)
please don't support a pile of shit like this

Black Ops III: 12 GB RAM and GTX 980 Ti Not Enough
https://www.techpowerup.com/217308/b...ot-enough.html

the whole franchise went on a sharp decline on PC since MW2 when they didn't even have dedicated servers.

after the whole Batman Arkham Knight debacle on PC early this year I'm surprised another studio has managed to mess it up almost as bad

holy fuck. hopefully they optimize the game better with a patch or something

I got about half an hour left before my 45gb download finishes. started at like 730 AM LOL

GLOW 11-06-2015 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vansterdam (Post 8696700)
u could always just download it off steam and refund it if you dont like it ;)

within fourteen days of purchase, and the title has been played for less than two hours.

incoming failstorm ahead...but i haven't PC gamed in a long time. b/c i've become a casual gamer i only play console these days...old consoles too... ps3 or vita :lol

i await the RS game review :nyan:

StylinRed 11-06-2015 10:36 AM

i went to superstore in pitt meadows/maple ridge on my way home around 9:30pm and there was a huge lineup outside the EB Games, i thought the new halo was being released it was so ridiculous

fsy82 11-06-2015 11:08 AM

I've been a huge Call of Duty fan but I was totally turned off by Advance Warfare. People were double jumping all over the place. It just wasn't the COD i loved. BO3 brings the boots back to the ground. The limited use of the jetpack is the way to go. The 3 lane linear map design is classic COD.

gilly 11-06-2015 11:12 AM

no single player or 4 player campaign mode for PS3 and xbox360. Only multiplayer and zombie mode available.

krazynuck 11-06-2015 11:19 AM

Did anyone order from Amazon by any chance? do you receive day of?

Gucci Mane 11-06-2015 11:29 AM

anyone playing on ps4? wouldnt mind playing with a little revscene crew.

Vansterdam 11-06-2015 01:19 PM

just did the intro+tutorial mission. took like an hour lol. pretty sweet so far although my FPS did drop to like 15 in some parts. getting a steady 40-60 most of the time I would say on high everything settings.

being able to select between a variety of special skills and having to unlock everything with the points is pretty cool.

knight604 11-06-2015 01:48 PM

only buying this for zombies

krazynuck 11-06-2015 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pidish (Post 8696769)

I have on Ps4. PSN krazynuck

Some f*ckers broke into my mailbox today in my condo, so hopefully my copy was not already in there. I went and bought a copy for now.

hchang 11-06-2015 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pidish (Post 8696769)

I had it preordered gonna be playing this weekend I'll see you online bro

Also didn't know so many of you guys didn't enjoy the jumping around on Advanced Warfare... I actually liked it.

AW is my second favourite COD game behind Black Ops 2

AzNightmare 11-06-2015 06:40 PM

CoD4 and MW2 was badass.

I'm one of those rare people who play solely for the single campaign.

I've come to the point in my life where I realize any sort of competitive online gaming is just not for me anymore.
It's too hard to keep up when I only game maybe 5-6 hrs a week. LOL

Vansterdam 11-06-2015 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzNightmare (Post 8696874)
CoD4 and MW2 was badass.

I'm one of those rare people who play solely for the single campaign.

I've come to the point in my life where I realize any sort of competitive online gaming is just not for me anymore.
It's too hard to keep up when I only game maybe 5-6 hrs a week. LOL

Agreed! COD4+MW2 were the best!

I think I bought my copy of COD4 for the xbox 360 off you when it first came out lol

winson604 11-06-2015 11:49 PM

Been playing every single COD since day 1 and even though some of them were not awesome I still poured in hours of game time until last year when everything changed with jumping in the air. It was only the 2nd time I literally abandoned a game. The taste is so bad in my mouth I have yet to think about COD this year and refused to watch any trailers. Can someone tell me if that jumping bullshit is around because if it is see ya later.

AzNightmare 11-07-2015 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vansterdam (Post 8696910)
Agreed! COD4+MW2 were the best!

I think I bought my copy of COD4 for the xbox 360 off you when it first came out lol

That wasn't me. I only game on PC. haha

Gucci Mane 11-07-2015 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winson604 (Post 8696934)
Been playing every single COD since day 1 and even though some of them were not awesome I still poured in hours of game time until last year when everything changed with jumping in the air. It was only the 2nd time I literally abandoned a game. The taste is so bad in my mouth I have yet to think about COD this year and refused to watch any trailers. Can someone tell me if that jumping bullshit is around because if it is see ya later.

it is but its not as bad. but now the maps have spots where you can jump up and run along a wall. lol

snails 11-07-2015 10:41 AM

the game is fucking garbage now

/thread

winson604 11-07-2015 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pidish (Post 8696996)
it is but its not as bad. but now the maps have spots where you can jump up and run along a wall. lol

Fo fuck sakes. Guess tomb raider it is for now.