REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-16-2015, 02:28 PM   #26
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
The FRS is a Subaru.
If in question ask the guy who works on them every day.....oh wait thats me.
The whole of the parts catalog for this car is Subaru. Up until 8 months ago we were even putting Subaru filters on the cars. Now Toyota made there own S1 filters.

The FRS/FT86 is a Toyota design built by Subaru.

As for what Toyota is doing with there line up....well lets say its trying to seperate itself from Japan. The Venza is getting dropped here despite it doing very well because they don't want the competition for the Highlander.
Give it a few more years and every Toyota model will be made in North America. Aside from the Avalon, every other Toyota branded vehicle is made in North America. There no longer imports. Wait, not the Yaris hatchback is made in Mexico and built by Mazda, the Sedan is made in France.

The iM is a Matrix replacement. Its running the Corolla motors like previous Matrix but they made the car smaller now. The iM is pretty cool looking as for the lineup from Toyota.
Advertisement

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 02:54 PM   #27
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,909 Times in 3,872 Posts
Is the iM effectively the Corolla hatchback/Auris that we never got over here, just with a slightly different body?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 03:03 PM   #28
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,420 Times in 5,101 Posts
I just spent some time in China and I'm so jealous we don't get the Toyota Reiz over here!! Rear wheel drive aggressive looking sedan with a 300hp V6 in it and there's even a tuner package with a supercharger available too!!! And it's a really good looking vehicle!!
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 03:14 PM   #29
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
I just spent some time in China and I'm so jealous we don't get the Toyota Reiz over here!! Rear wheel drive aggressive looking sedan with a 300hp V6 in it and there's even a tuner package with a supercharger available too!!! And it's a really good looking vehicle!!
Somehow RWD and high power is luxurious, so they leave that for Lexus
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 07:15 PM   #30
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBB6 View Post
The FRS is a Subaru.
If in question ask the guy who works on them every day.....oh wait thats me.
The whole of the parts catalog for this car is Subaru. Up until 8 months ago we were even putting Subaru filters on the cars. Now Toyota made there own S1 filters.

The FRS/FT86 is a Toyota design built by Subaru.

As for what Toyota is doing with there line up....well lets say its trying to seperate itself from Japan. The Venza is getting dropped here despite it doing very well because they don't want the competition for the Highlander.
Give it a few more years and every Toyota model will be made in North America. Aside from the Avalon, every other Toyota branded vehicle is made in North America. There no longer imports. Wait, not the Yaris hatchback is made in Mexico and built by Mazda, the Sedan is made in France.

The iM is a Matrix replacement. Its running the Corolla motors like previous Matrix but they made the car smaller now. The iM is pretty cool looking as for the lineup from Toyota.
Before the current generation Yaris, there was a run of French-made hatchbacks. V was the first digit in the VIN, and the front bumper had the notch for an EU license plate

As for the iM, it's a dead ringer for the Auris, and I'm wondering if the Char Aznable edition parts can be bought individually...I'll take the Zaku antenna stalk

Old 11-16-2015, 08:44 PM   #31
Professional Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBB6 View Post
Aside from the Avalon, every other Toyota branded vehicle is made in North America. There no longer imports. Wait, not the Yaris hatchback is made in Mexico and built by Mazda, the Sedan is made in France.
Isn't the 4runner still made in japan?
EX-R is offline   Reply With Quote