REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-02-2023, 12:31 AM   #1826
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,093 Times in 564 Posts
^ time has changed for sure.... Every trim except the base trim in the full Hyundai line up can do those things

- built in sim in the car means the app will work even if you are on the other side of the world
- remote start
- gps location
- hvac controls + heated seats etc etc
- checking fuel level or ev range
- not only on phone... the app is avail on your smart watch
Advertisement

AE101 Rolla 96' //Sold
RPS13 240SX 90' //STOLEN
RMS13 240SX 91' //Scrapped
RHS13 240SX 90' //Scrapped
S35 Rogue 12' //Gifted to Parents
GD 6MT Elantra 13' //Sold
CZ4A 5MT GSR Evo 08' // Totalled
Ioniq DCT 19' //Traded in
NA MX-5 5MT 97' // Sold
Prius Prime 21' //Traded in
Tesla Model 3 RWD DD
GSX-R 600 K5' Mental Therapy
Prius Prime 24' New Kids Carrier
dark0821 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-02-2023, 01:08 AM   #1827
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,412 Times in 3,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark0821 View Post
^ time has changed for sure.... Every trim except the base trim in the full Hyundai line up can do those things

- built in sim in the car means the app will work even if you are on the other side of the world
- remote start
- gps location
Nice to see others catching up.
Old 01-02-2023, 03:06 AM   #1828
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark0821 View Post

- remote start
- gps location
Didn't know it was in every Hyundai now. My old 2015 Hyundai Genesis sedan had it, only times I really used it was to check if my car was still at SeaTac. I didn't renew the service when the 3 year trial was up. I don't plan to renew for my G90 either when that runs out. I can accomplish what I need with an AirTag. I hate subscriptions... lol
Old 01-02-2023, 06:28 AM   #1829
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 8,877 Times in 3,204 Posts
Lexus app does the same thing too. Besides the straight line speed and some gimmicky crap like playing games on your car, the Tesla got nothing that I would envy. Much rather have an suv that does suv things like go off roading if needed or ability to take you across any terrain for long distances…. Or go maximum shanghainese mode and get a flashy piece of shit to attract more gold diggers. Either way the Tesla is none of that and it looks like a loaf of bread.
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-02-2023, 08:34 AM   #1830

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Nice to see others catching up.
Haha, yea, I am a huge fan of Tesla, if they figure out their auto-pilot, I will buy that shit so fast. I was looking to get a Model 3 when I was shopping for the Prius, and then they jacked up the price so it no longer qualified for the EV rebate and I was like, oh... that made my decision quite a bit easier.

Thing is no one else is even in the same league as OEM auto-pilot goes. I know there are many cars that can run open-pilot, but as far as factory auto-pilot goes, there is no substitute no matter how much money you throw at it.

I would just get the LR Model 3 though, as it will strictly be a commuter A to B car for le wife, no need to go anything beyond that lol...

AE101 Rolla 96' //Sold
RPS13 240SX 90' //STOLEN
NA MX-5 5MT 97' // Sold
Tesla Model 3 RWD DD
Old 01-02-2023, 09:48 AM   #1831

Same. If they figure it out. Then yes. I’ll buy one for my folks. At this point their autopilot just doesn’t work. It needs to be constantly babysat and occasionally it stops for no dang reason at all. During my test it drove from west 4th to ubc and almost killed me and the wife 5x. One time it just stopped in the middle of the road and we almost got rear ended.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-02-2023, 01:33 PM   #1832

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
Lexus app does the same thing too. Besides the straight line speed and some gimmicky crap like playing games on your car, the Tesla got nothing that I would envy. Much rather have an suv that does suv things like go off roading if needed or ability to take you across any terrain for long distancesÂ…. Or go maximum shanghainese mode and get a flashy piece of shit to attract more gold diggers. Either way the Tesla is none of that and it looks like a loaf of bread.
I don't think most people buying 200K SUV's are going off roading. This thing is going to spend most of its time driving around town.

My dad could have bought something like a Rolls Royce Cullinan but it does not do anything way better than the Tesla. At least at the things he cares about. Since there is no place to service a Rolls Royce on the island he would have to spent a couple of days on the mainland for an annual service. After the 4 year warranty is up he would have to spend 7k to 10K plus a year to maintain it. Tesla maintenance is next to nothing.

For me luxury is not a rare piece of wood on the dash it's making things things easier. The fact that the Rolls Royce Cullinan does not have a dash cam is mind boggling. Now lets talk about keys. If you lose a fob you have to go to a dealership and sometimes spend hundreds and wait weeks to get a new one. With Tesla it's just an app on the phone that remembers all your setting in the car. If you have kids you can set the max speed they can drive.
Old 01-02-2023, 01:59 PM   #1833

No, you’re right. 200k suvs don’t go off roading but having the ability to do so is what I’m looking for. Doing sub 5 second sprints in a suv is also nice but not something I care about either.

I just want to be cocooned in luxury. Your dads Tesla X is being cocooned in a Swedish furniture store.

The RR cunnilingus (which is 500k, so not even in the same bracket) is like being in 68stylez bordello. It’s not the same. When you sit in an RR you don’t care about maintenance. That’s for the plebeians to worry about. You don’t care about gas vs EV, that’s beneath you. There is no comparison.
Old 01-02-2023, 04:02 PM   #1834
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,279 Times in 1,054 Posts
Quote:
I just want to be cocooned in luxury. Your dads Tesla X is being cocooned in a Swedish furniture store.
fuck that was good!

I second JDM dreams, Bentayga for me. I shat on it when it was released but I've grown to really like it since.

I was telling my friends if I had fuck you money I'd buy a Bentayga just to do Uber in, like 2-3 hours a week, just for shits and giggles.
Imagine ordering a Uber and a Bentayga rolls up.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 04:20 PM   #1835

Quote:
No, you’re right. 200k suvs don’t go off roading but having the ability to do so is what I’m looking for. Doing sub 5 second sprints in a suv is also nice but not something I care about either.

The RR cunnilingus (which is 500k, so not even in the same bracket) is like being in 68stylez bordello. It’s not the same. When you sit in an RR you don’t care about maintenance. That’s for the plebeians to worry about. You don’t care about gas vs EV, that’s beneath you. There is no comparison.
So wait your telling me after spending half a mill on a car I have to hire someone in the time of a worker shortage just to maintain the car and still not have a car for a few days a year? Sounds like a pain to me.

RR is making an EV will see how it stacks up against the Tesla.

Old 01-02-2023, 04:35 PM   #1836
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Buyers looking at a Model X are going after a different experience than a Cullinan. If a Rolls Royce buyer wants the benefits a Model X brings, wouldn't he/she just add a Model X to their fleet next to their Rolls?

Last edited by radeonboy; 01-02-2023 at 04:41 PM.
radeonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 04:56 PM   #1837

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
So wait your telling me after spending half a mill on a car I have to hire someone in the time of a worker shortage just to maintain the car and still not have a car for a few days a year? Sounds like a pain to me.
Fancy badhobz voice : tut tut dear boy. If you have work shortages then obviously you aren’t paying them enough. Subsequently,, if said primary means of transportation requires some “work” then take one of the other vehicles in the fleet. Obviously you aren’t thinking like a RR cunnilingus owner. If you have to ask then it’s not for you.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-02-2023, 05:06 PM   #1838

Quote:
Fancy badhobz voice : tut tut dear boy. If you have work shortages then obviously you aren’t paying them enough. Subsequently,, if said primary means of transportation requires some “work” then take one of the other vehicles in the fleet. Obviously you aren’t thinking like a RR cunnilingus owner. If you have to ask then it’s not for you.
Problem is we only have garage space for 5 cars. now we have to look for another house.Just to get more parking. Guess we are also going to need a place for the houseboy to stay.
Old 01-02-2023, 05:14 PM   #1839

Exactly!!! Now that’s thinking like an RR customer.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-02-2023, 10:04 PM   #1840
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,307 Times in 1,982 Posts
Quote:

Wow, Jordan Peterson lookin' sharp back there!

GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-02-2023, 11:30 PM   #1841
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,403 Times in 858 Posts
... Y'all got way too much free time on your hands.
Old 01-03-2023, 10:20 AM   #1842
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,328 Times in 2,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
Driving a Tesla, at least in a straight line, is an experience like no other, especially if one's coming from ICE. The instant full torque is nearly impossible to match on ICE.

We are talking sub-10sec 1/4 miles here. That is Bugatti Chiron territory in a fucking SUV form.
My knowledge about EVs is admittedly limited. Other than the TM3 long range / performance models, are there any other EVs that can offer a similar price-to-power ratio though?
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 10:35 AM   #1843
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,764 Times in 1,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
My knowledge about EVs is admittedly limited. Other than the TM3 long range / performance models, are there any other EVs that can offer a similar price-to-power ratio though?
The Hyundai EV6 GT supposedly give a decent run for the money.

But in term of price-to-power, no, no other EV/ICE on the market is near what Tesla has to offer. Anything that comes remotely close to Tesla performance are selling for more than Tesla (Lucid and Porsche Taycan). And remember, they come close. Tesla is still faster. And there are only 1 that can beat Model S Plaid, which is the Rimac at 2M+. New Lucid has shown to beat Plaid... but it's still not in production.
Old 01-03-2023, 10:50 AM   #1844
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,699 Times in 5,216 Posts
That stock price though
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-03-2023, 11:58 AM   #1845

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
The Hyundai EV6 GT supposedly give a decent run for the money.
EV6 GT is by Kia, but all good man, same chassis, same battery, same motors lolol, alot of people come in to look for the EV6.

Hyundai gets the Ioniq 5 N, which is the EV6 GT equivalent

AE101 Rolla 96' //Sold
RPS13 240SX 90' //STOLEN
NA MX-5 5MT 97' // Sold
Tesla Model 3 RWD DD
This post thanked by:
Old 01-03-2023, 04:19 PM   #1846
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,657 Times in 1,755 Posts
Quote:
Lexus app does the same thing too. Besides the straight line speed and some gimmicky crap like playing games on your car, the Tesla got nothing that I would envy. Much rather have an suv that does suv things like go off roading if needed or ability to take you across any terrain for long distances…. Or go maximum shanghainese mode and get a flashy piece of shit to attract more gold diggers. Either way the Tesla is none of that and it looks like a loaf of bread.
"Loaf of bread"
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 08:10 PM   #1847
Need to Seek Professional Help

Wow that spectre interior is disappointing for a RR.
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 08:18 PM   #1848

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
The biggest factor that should go into any EV purchase is the charging network. For most people, they will do 90%+ of their charging at home but when you do travel, it is important to have a charging network that is fast, easy to use, reliable, and has lots of locations. Because of this, Tesla is really hard to beat.
Koflach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 08:22 PM   #1849

I saw a fisker karma revivio today and I must say that’s the best looking pure EV on sale right now. That or the ionic because it actually looks pretty cool.

Wow it sucks in snow…. Which probably surprised no one. I wonder if any Vancouver idiots used this during the last storm

Last edited by Badhobz; 01-03-2023 at 11:13 PM.
Old 01-04-2023, 03:28 PM   #1850
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:

https://youtu.be/_swe1pXXgNo

Wow it sucks in snow…. Which probably surprised no one. I wonder if any Vancouver idiots used this during the last storm
I would argue that Tesla has done a pretty damn good job replicating real-world driving with their FSD lol.
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote