REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Civic Type R (https://www.revscene.net/forums/706496-civic-type-r.html)

ScratchedMy991 07-24-2017 04:57 AM

I visited a dealership with the intention of leaving a deposit to join a waiting list, thinking that there was surely no chance to get one this year, but perhaps next. After being shown two models that had apparently already been sold but would not be delivered to their owners until the dealership moves to its new location, I was also told that joining the dealership's waiting list would mean I MAY be able to have one in 2020, and that the salesperson wasn't even sure if the dealership was taking any more deposits.

Something smelled rotten.

I took a quick look at the Si, then stopped for the salesperson running after me in the parking lot, only to be told that if I was serious about the car, I could leave my contact information for a potential auction the dealership would have for the cars.

"I thought you said the cars were sold?"

"Yes, to our GM."

While some of you ballers may easily look past these sort of pathetic, limp wristed twaddle techniques to extract us from our hard-earned cash, this dealership will never have my business again (I bought my first car - *sniff* - from it).

G0rilla 07-24-2017 08:09 AM

Come on, you can't say all that and not name the dealership

inv4zn 07-24-2017 08:22 AM

Moving = Likely Destination Honda

teggy604 07-24-2017 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScratchedMy991 (Post 8853160)
I visited a dealership with the intention of leaving a deposit to join a waiting list, thinking that there was surely no chance to get one this year, but perhaps next. After being shown two models that had apparently already been sold but would not be delivered to their owners until the dealership moves to its new location, I was also told that joining the dealership's waiting list would mean I MAY be able to have one in 2020, and that the salesperson wasn't even sure if the dealership was taking any more deposits.

Something smelled rotten.

I took a quick look at the Si, then stopped for the salesperson running after me in the parking lot, only to be told that if I was serious about the car, I could leave my contact information for a potential auction the dealership would have for the cars.

"I thought you said the cars were sold?"

"Yes, to our GM."

While some of you ballers may easily look past these sort of pathetic, limp wristed twaddle techniques to extract us from our hard-earned cash, this dealership will never have my business again (I bought my first car - *sniff* - from it).

Tell them they can screw themselves!

I went to Kingsway Honda and there was a black type R on the show room floor. It was sold of course. Sales guy said it sold for around $60,000.

ScratchedMy991 07-24-2017 09:17 AM

^
We should be questioning why these cars that have already been sold are still sitting on showroom floors, and how that thing sold for way over MSRP when Canadian dealers are (apparently) not permitted to do so.

Salespeople have, undoubtedly, been told to size up clientele as potential CTR customers before fully disclosing what's really going on behind the scenes in selling these things.

GIZZ 07-24-2017 09:19 AM

Honda needs to put a stop to allowing store employees to buy for resale.

Id imagine if a Mercedes sales manager did that with a car in demand he'd be looking for a new job!

Some high end manufactures have a no broker, no resale policy. Buy the car, sign a contract to own for a year. Sounds legit to me. Let the enthusiast buy the car, don't let these curbers drive up the prices. What makes me sick is that it's the GMs doing it, so sad.

iforyou 07-24-2017 09:25 AM

I think that's Destination Kingsway Honda. I've read about it on civicx forum too. My understanding is that Canadian dealers aren't allowed to charge a mark up on a new car.

But like many things in life, there are loop holes. In this case, if the owner/GM decides to buy the car under his name, then sell it as a used car at a higher price, I believe he has the right to do that. Is it a dick move? For sure, yes.

If someone is looking to get a CTR without any BS, may be try the dealership in Chilliwack. That's where I got mine. The one I got was their second unit, and their third unit is supposed to come in December. I'm not sure if there's already a deposit on that one though.

ah gon 07-24-2017 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iforyou (Post 8853199)
I think that's Destination Kingsway Honda. I've read about it on civicx forum too. My understanding is that Canadian dealers aren't allowed to charge a mark up on a new car.

But like many things in life, there are loop holes. In this case, if the owner/GM decides to buy the car under his name, then sell it as a used car at a higher price, I believe he has the right to do that. Is it a dick move? For sure, yes.

If someone is looking to get a CTR without any BS, may be try the dealership in Chilliwack. That's where I got mine. The one I got was their second unit, and their third unit is supposed to come in December. I'm not sure if there's already a deposit on that one though.

Do u know when is the second unit arrived?

320icar 07-24-2017 10:21 AM

He just said his was the second unit.

iforyou 07-24-2017 10:26 AM

Yea mine is the second unit. It was supposed to come in September but I guess I got lucky that it got here early. No complaint!

ah gon 07-24-2017 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 320icar (Post 8853209)
He just said his was the second unit.

��Blinded
Quote:

Originally Posted by iforyou (Post 8853210)
Yea mine is the second unit. It was supposed to come in September but I guess I got lucky that it got here early. No complaint!

Nice!�� i made deposit to the dealer at Abbotsford.was told that I'm the 4th inline....if each dealer have 2 available each shipment.i think mine is almost there.btw,is yours R in white or blk color?

gilly 07-24-2017 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iforyou (Post 8853210)

pics of ur car? How you liking it so far?

teggy604 07-24-2017 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iforyou (Post 8853199)

That is true, when I went to Vancouver Honda on marine and asked the sales guy about markup of the CTR he said it was illegal or something to sell above MSRP. We should expose these shady dealership practices to Honda and see what they do. Like the situation with the Demon or hellcat dodge decided whoever pays above MSRP will get their car at a later date then someone who pays MSRP or below.

twitchyzero 07-24-2017 02:13 PM

what happens if they can't find buyers at scalper prices? trade it in? part-out the floormats and rear seats? :troll:

GIZZ 07-24-2017 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 8853266)
what happens if they can't find buyers at scalper prices? trade it in? part-out the floormats and rear seats? :troll:

I'm pretty sure the dealer managers that say they bought didn't actually put a dime down on it. Didn't pay taxes or delivery or pdi charges.

GS8 07-24-2017 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teggy604 (Post 8853230)
That is true, when I went to Vancouver Honda on marine and asked the sales guy about markup of the CTR he said it was illegal or something to sell above MSRP. We should expose these shady dealership practices to Honda and see what they do. Like the situation with the Demon or hellcat dodge decided whoever pays above MSRP will get their car at a later date then someone who pays MSRP or below.

Skip Demon and Hellcat

Just go for this

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/pml/...234313377.html

:drunk:

GIZZ 07-24-2017 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GS8 (Post 8853275)
Skip Demon and Hellcat

Just go for this

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/pml/...234313377.html

:drunk:

very cool, but like the new copos and cobra jets you cant drive it on the streets.

ScratchedMy991 07-24-2017 08:34 PM

Yup, it was Destination Honda Burnaby.

They're definitely exploiting a loophole in some way or another.

The more I think about it, the more disgusted I get with the organization. While a business cannot be judged in entirety based on one aspect of its operations, something like this can say a lot more about how the dealership is run.

At least for now, it's lost my respect, and my business, and I hope it does the same for all of you. And if you ball out of control, I hope that you can appreciate what the Civic Type R means to enthusiasts, that you can value honest business practices; and that you will not engage these clowns in their sneaky, backhanded methods.

Yuck. Just yuck.

6o4allmotor 07-24-2017 08:51 PM

Check white rock Honda they have a black one in the showroom and a white one on its way in

iforyou 07-24-2017 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ah gon (Post 8853218)
��Blinded

Nice!�� i made deposit to the dealer at Abbotsford.was told that I'm the 4th inline....if each dealer have 2 available each shipment.i think mine is almost there.btw,is yours R in white or blk color?

Mine is white....never had a championship white car...heck, never owned a Type R before!

I think it's 1-2 cars per shipment man. If you are 4th, you are probably looking at getting yours in February 2018?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gilly (Post 8853222)
pics of ur car? How you liking it so far?

Oh man, it's awesome! It's exactly what the reviews have been saying:
Fun to Drive
Good steering
Feels powerful
Slick shifter
Surprisingly Comfortable (I leave it in Sport mode 90% of the time)
Decent NVH
Looks better in person (i.e. less ricey lol)

I only have about 400km on it, so I'm still taking it easy. It definitely pulls nicely even at 1500rpm.

Here are a couple photos of mine:
http://www.civicx.com/attachments/15...472-jpg.46393/

http://www.civicx.com/attachments/ctr-s2k-jpg.46394/

Quote:

Originally Posted by teggy604 (Post 8853230)

Yea...sucks for those that really want the car. I feel that the MSRP is part of the reason the CTR is that good. Once there's a mark up, you can start looking at other options....

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6o4allmotor (Post 8853350)
Check white rock Honda they have a black one in the showroom and a white one on its way in

Have those been reserved by others already?

twitchyzero 07-24-2017 11:01 PM

your S looks a suzuki cappuccino next to the R

this must've been how you felt about it after 400km in the CTR

jing 07-25-2017 07:23 AM

Did Ed Sheeran broom your CTR?

OriginalJC 07-25-2017 08:00 AM

Saw a black one on the road yesterday.
It's so quiet...

My 2012 Si had more rumble
:okay:

oldsnail 07-25-2017 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iforyou (Post 8853382)
Mine is white....never had a championship white car...heck, never owned a Type R before!

I think it's 1-2 cars per shipment man. If you are 4th, you are probably looking at getting yours in February 2018?

Oh man, it's awesome! It's exactly what the reviews have been saying:
Fun to Drive
Good steering
Feels powerful
Slick shifter
Surprisingly Comfortable (I leave it in Sport mode 90% of the time)
Decent NVH
Looks better in person (i.e. less ricey lol)

I only have about 400km on it, so I'm still taking it easy. It definitely pulls nicely even at 1500rpm.

Yea...sucks for those that really want the car. I feel that the MSRP is part of the reason the CTR is that good. Once there's a mark up, you can start looking at other options....

Have those been reserved by others already?

Are you using yours as a DD? i have a white one on order... i am number 6 at my dealer.. and they say they are getting 6 in total for 2017.. so there is a high chance i am getting one in the next few weeks.

slicrick 07-25-2017 11:35 AM

I have seen both a black and championship white car around, looks much better in CW imo. One was accelerating to merge in with traffic, I was outside and while the driver wasn't beating on it or anything it still seemed a bit quiet.

I want to hear one on hard acceleration or high RPM before judging it too hard, but it felt a little weird seeing a car with such a loud "look at me exterior" having such a quiet exhaust.

It looked like a nice car but I still have a soft spot for the DC2 ITR