REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-07-2015, 06:44 PM   #1
Banned By Establishment

used car dealership on kingsway in Burnaby

Has anyone have had any good or bad experience with any of the used car dealership on Kingsway?

My experience :
My dad went to the one at Imperial and Kingsway and found them dishonest and disrespectful. Even though the sales person says the deposit is refundable, they used the delay tactics and asked us to wait for their boss to come back. We went there multiple times and waited many hours and still to no avail.
Advertisement
yarachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:15 PM   #2
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
My advice is always just stay away from them...

Regardless of how good the deal looks, just stay away.

Good luck getting your money back. (I don't think you're going to get it back)
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-07-2015, 07:18 PM   #3
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Call the VSA. They'll get your deposit back for you.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:23 PM   #4
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Never put down a deposit or give out contact information unless it's something ridiculously rare.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-07-2015, 07:49 PM   #5
Banned By Establishment

I was looking up their site and will probably report them to here. Seems like VSA will start an investigation on certain businesses .

do you know What are the chances asking VSA will work on getting back deposit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dared3vil0 View Post
Call the VSA. They'll get your deposit back for you.
Old 12-07-2015, 07:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarachi View Post
I was looking up their site and will probably report them to here. Seems like VSA will start an investigation on certain businesses .

do you know What are the chances asking VSA will work on getting back deposit?
It depends. Did you sign anything saying it's non refundable when the deposit was put down?

If not, as soon as the VSA gets involved the dealer will more than likely just return it.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
This post thanked by:
Old 12-07-2015, 07:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
Never put down a deposit or give out contact information unless it's something ridiculously rare.
Well, unless you plan on paying for the car on the spot a deposit is obviously needed as proof of commitment to purchase the damn thing while financing is arranged or money is gathered...

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
Old 12-07-2015, 07:58 PM   #8
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
In for name of dealership.

Not that it really matters... While I'm sure there are good used car dealerships out there, it seems like the majority of the Kingsway ones are pure garbage.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-07-2015, 08:03 PM   #9
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
Quote:
Well, unless you plan on paying for the car on the spot a deposit is obviously needed as proof of commitment to purchase the damn thing while financing is arranged or money is gathered...
I have bought many vehicles with good dealers on a signature and a handshake and come back to pick it up with cash in hand a few days later.

I don't like putting deposits down, I have the same mentality if the dealer sells it from under me, then whatever its a shitty dealer, probably shouldn't be doing business with them anyways.

I just tell them, if the car is not there when I come to get it, then it just wasn't meant for me, I'll keep looking. I don't understand what the rush is in buying a car, it's a lot of money to be making such a big decision, its always a good idea, to take the night or two and think about it before buying it anyways.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-07-2015, 08:09 PM   #10
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabs View Post
I have bought many vehicles with good dealers on a signature and a handshake and come back to pick it up with cash in hand a few days later.

I don't like putting deposits down, I have the same mentality if the dealer sells it from under me, then whatever its a shitty dealer, probably shouldn't be doing business with them anyways.

I just tell them, if the car is not there when I come to get it, then it just wasn't meant for me, I'll keep looking. I don't understand what the rush is in buying a car, it's a lot of money to be making such a big decision, its always a good idea, to take the night or two and think about it before buying it anyways.
This. Unless you're looking for something super rare or a car that has extremely low mileage (which isn't always a good thing), there will always be another deal a short hop away. And unless you're in desperate need for a car right away, don't leave a deposit. Some dealerships will say it's a refundable deposit, while the paperwork you sign states otherwise. Even if it is legitimately a deposit that can be refunded, it's not an uncommon tactic for them to hold onto your money in order to pressure you into a sale or hope that you'll just say "fuck it" and walk away without claiming it at the end of the day.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 08:24 PM   #11
I don't get it

i remembered i saved a link on an extensive ctv report on used car dealership reviews few years ago. probably cant dig it up now. i remembered i also stumbled across ctv w five on vancouver used car dealership. conclusion: the worst city rated to buy a car from these dealerships.

if i find the link, ill post up here.
a00755836 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-07-2015, 08:31 PM   #12
Banned By Establishment

Great, at least there is a glimpse of hope. The dealer just verbally agreed to return it, but we didn't sign anything.

It was even more horrible that they have no respect for customers. Went there at 11 for return of deposit, waited until 1, asked to come back at 2; went at 2 and asked us to come back at 4. It's like a game to them.

Quote:
It depends. Did you sign anything saying it's non refundable when the deposit was put down?

If not, as soon as the VSA gets involved the dealer will more than likely just return it.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:34 PM   #13
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
In for name of dealership.

Not that it really matters... While I'm sure there are good used car dealerships out there, it seems like the majority of the Kingsway ones are pure garbage.
There are 3 dealerships at Imperial and Kingsway.

1 of them has all 1-star reviews on Yelp, including failure to return deposit.

Would be my guess
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2015, 07:59 PM   #14
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by a00755836 View Post
i remembered i saved a link on an extensive ctv report on used car dealership reviews few years ago. probably cant dig it up now. i remembered i also stumbled across ctv w five on vancouver used car dealership. conclusion: the worst city rated to buy a car from these dealerships.

if i find the link, ill post up here.
found it!

2012-2013 APA Investigation of Vancouver Used Car Dealers, with W5
a00755836 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: