REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 12-09-2015, 04:23 AM   #1
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Lotus Notes Mailbox

Hello everybody,

I got a problem with my system again. I am running Lotus Domino 5.0.8 on a Windows 2000 Server. My clients are running Lotus Notes 5.0.5. (Yes, I know its stone age but i am going to upgrade to 6.5 soon, probably during Christmas)

The Domino server works great all day, but at the strike of 04:00 when thee server starts compacting, the mail.box gets corrupted.

This results in mail.box getting read-only, and users can't send or receive mail. The only solution I have seen is to restart the Domino server.

This started about 2 weeks ago. I entered mail.box and deleted all dead mail stored there. But still this happens, at least 4-5 times a week. I see why it happens, but my question is how can I prevent it from crashing my Domino server?

I guess it is because of the same problem some of my users have been getting mails they cannot open. They get an error message saying: "The object store note that is used by this note was not found. Run the object store collect task on this database".
Is this because of the mail.box keeps getting corrupt? How do I run the object store collect task on a database??

Have a nice Sunday, everyone!
Advertisement
nathanwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 12:13 PM   #2
RS Lurker, I don't post!

In such situation below steps can be helpful...

Run Fixup command line tool (fixup -f)
Load fixup -i mail\xxxx.nsf
Fixup command line tool checks all documents in the database.
Run Compact command line tool (compact -i -c -d -K)
Load compact -c -i mail\xxxx.nsf

See more helpful solution found in Internet, but it is not free…
https://www.repairtoolbox.com/lotusnotesrepair.html Lotus Notes Repair Toolbox
konnormedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 12:53 AM   #3
Got MOD?

You're using a mail server from 2002 for your business? That's pretty scary especially when both server and OS aren't supported anymore.
My Feedback (50-0-0)

!MiKrofT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 04:07 AM   #4
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !MiKrofT View Post
You're using a mail server from 2002 for your business? That's pretty scary especially when both server and OS aren't supported anymore.
Yes, that's the problem. Now I don't any opportunities to upgrade my software.
nathanwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 08:33 AM   #5
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !MiKrofT View Post
We still have DVRs in the field running their original Win2K builds, and tons more still on XP. If it ain't broke...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwatts View Post
The Domino server works great all day, but at the strike of 04:00 when thee server starts compacting, the mail.box gets corrupted.

This results in mail.box getting read-only, and users can't send or receive mail. The only solution I have seen is to restart the Domino server.

This started about 2 weeks ago. I entered mail.box and deleted all dead mail stored there. But still this happens, at least 4-5 times a week. I see why it happens, but my question is how can I prevent it from crashing my Domino server?
I'd look at WHY the corruption is happening in the first place. This is obviously pretty old hardware, maybe start with a RAM test (memtest86+), because bad RAM can corrupt the data being chunked through it.

I've also had a corrupted filesystem causing strange data read errors - trying running CHKDSK /F on the drive(s) to correct any glitches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote