REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 12-20-2015, 06:13 PM   #26
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

You know I went to this place next to parker that has some type of salty chicken, or hainanse chicken that was pretty good.

I think it was called choi house salty chicken.

was pretty good.
Advertisement
meowjinboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 07:21 PM   #27
I STILL don't get it

If I want to order hainanese chicken or bbq items for Christmas Eve, do you think I need to preorder?
etodac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 10:51 PM   #28
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,090 Times in 318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxcrusader View Post
Isn't the place on Main that's famous for their curry brisket rice also pretty popular for Haianese chicken? What was it called? Mui Garden?
Maybe it was hawkers? I used to love their hainanese chicken there with their ginger chili sauce until they changed ownership. Doesn't taste the same, but I also haven't been back for a long time. Maybe someone here wants to give it a go.
corollagtSr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 06:41 AM   #29
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by etodac View Post
If I want to order hainanese chicken or bbq items for Christmas Eve, do you think I need to preorder?
Probably not but I would probably expect them to be busier than usual especially BBQ Meat places so if you don't inquire about pre ordering, go earlier.

jinxcrusader - yes, Mui Garden is/was also famous for their H Chicken but Mui Garden is a thing of the past. When they were at their peak there wasn't as many places around, a fair bit but not like now. I recently went to the Richmond one which is the first time I've been to any Mui Garden since my Teens (I'm 33 now) and you can tell a place has gone fucking down hill when the Awards for Best this and that on their walls are from over 10 years ago lol. To me that always signals "used to be good but not anymore". Needless to say, my meal sucked hard, had the "go to" items and I could have gotten better going practically anywhere else. I'm sure some of the other locations might be better i.e. Main but either way that was the last time I'm eating there ever.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 08:05 AM   #30
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
got BBQ pork from BBQ master near superstore in richmond, fucking burnt as a cigarette , never going again.

Continental BBQ on 5 and cambie is way better, and parker place BBQ place

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-21-2015, 06:33 PM   #31
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowjinboo View Post
You know I went to this place next to parker that has some type of salty chicken, or hainanse chicken that was pretty good.

I think it was called choi house salty chicken.

was pretty good.
this place use to be good a few years ago when they actually cut slices off the chicken. afterwards, they started cheaping out by shredding the chicken, giving you less meat and increasing the price by a dollar or 2. its still a decent choice but not as worth it as before.
Jer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 09:12 PM   #32
I am Hook'd on RS

I remember Mui Garden! When I lived Downtown, I used to order from them alot. Those guys who worked there and did deliveries, use to drive real nice cars, and were at the races back in the day too. Why did Mui Garden go out of business? Not only they had nice hainanese chicken, but they also had a nice roti and curry sauce too!!!
MuranoGO-15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 12:08 AM   #33
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuranoGO-15 View Post
I remember Mui Garden! When I lived Downtown, I used to order from them alot. Those guys who worked there and did deliveries, use to drive real nice cars, and were at the races back in the day too. Why did Mui Garden go out of business? Not only they had nice hainanese chicken, but they also had a nice roti and curry sauce too!!!
uh mui garden is still arnd buddy. they have locations on main and on victoria and in richmond

Home
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 05:45 AM   #34
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,647 Times in 2,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuranoGO-15 View Post
gonna have to try this roti and curry lol I usually just get the hainese chicken or the beef brisket on rice
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 05:58 AM   #35
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
got BBQ pork from BBQ master near superstore in richmond, fucking burnt as a cigarette , never going again.
I'm glad someone had a similar experience.

Is this their niche or was I just unlucky?
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 08:31 PM   #36
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
I'm glad someone had a similar experience.

Is this their niche or was I just unlucky?
quality is going to shit, my experience was only a few weeks ago

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 10:05 PM   #37

oh that HK bbq master place under superstore reminded me of one of my experiences

i went in asked for 1 LB of BBQ pork and half BBQ duck. i heard the guy started chopping the BBQ pork and while i was paying, i heard the cashier YELL at the butcher DONT CHOP IT! im like wtf? didnt think much of it cus i thought she was talking about another order

went home, opened the food and found half my BBQ pork not chopped...

then i found this new place, Kowloon BBQ or something, same plaza as the return it depot on westminster hwy. the butcher claims he uses pork jowl meat for his BBQ pork, and yes indeed its fking soft n juicy, unlike other places where its dry and hard like cardboard. it is a somewhat hit and miss tho, sometimes the BBQ pork is really good, sometimes just soso, but still better than HK BBQ MASTER
Quote:
Quote:
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
Old 12-26-2015, 11:09 PM   #38
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,352 Times in 263 Posts
yea I don't dig hk bbq master. Service is low, servers use tricky language to get you to spend more money on orders, food isn't AMAZING, not bad doe
Old 12-27-2015, 12:04 AM   #39
RS Lurker, I don't post!

+1 on cocohut best Hainanese chicken in richmond always stop by there to grab a bite the prices are ridiculous
truflke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 02:15 PM   #40
I don't get it

Ming ga BBQ under superstore in Richmond has best take out BBQ.

Parker place BBQ is always full of line up, so u can try that too.
Stormspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 09:02 PM   #41
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Prata-Man for boneless tasty chicken!!!
jde100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 10:32 PM   #42
I STILL don't get it

You can ask for free-range chicken at Prata-man, $8 more for a whole chicken. Wasn't bad.
etodac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 01:22 PM   #43
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,161 Times in 301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guddagudd View Post
yea I don't dig hk bbq master. Service is low, servers use tricky language to get you to spend more money on orders, food isn't AMAZING, not bad doe
"Do you want vegetables with that? What about soup?" = tricky language. Okay
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 10:22 PM   #44
Director of RS Cares

Kinda off topic but i went to hawkers delight on main king ed about 2 weeks ago (my first time) and although it was busy...it was by far the worst hainanese chicken experience I've had. I don't know if it was an off day (cause I've heard good things) but the chicken had this freezer burn taste. Plus to make matters worse, they don't have the ginger-green onion oil AND the red chili sauce looked like barf. Worst...ever.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:21 PM   #45

Possible to find any good bbq duck/goose NOT in Richmond? Looking for some in Van/Bby
Old 12-29-2015, 11:33 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactic_Phantom View Post
Possible to find any good bbq duck/goose NOT in Richmond? Looking for some in Van/Bby
i thought consuming goose is not allowed?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-30-2015, 02:03 AM   #47
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,399 Times in 396 Posts
Had the Hainanese chicken @ Cafe D'lite today. Pretty damn good.

Anyone know how much more is the the "extra large/extra portion" in terms cost + quantity you get? Will it be around 1/4 bird?
v_tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 09:11 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPEC View Post
i thought consuming goose is not allowed?
Not sure about the legality of it. But the bbq place at Continental Centre and Parker Place sells it. $45 each iirc
Old 12-30-2015, 10:49 AM   #49
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactic_Phantom View Post
My Dad always told me to go to Wing Hing on Victoria Drive when we were living in the area, so that's where we went. Not sure if it was due to quality or distance (perhaps both), but I took his word for it since he's been in the business his whole life. Now that I'm in Burnaby, I go to Chong Li.

As for goose, it's legal to eat them. It's just the economics. Duck is a lot more affordable in comparison so that's what they make/sell. I'm sure if you go to a store and request for a special order, they'd do it.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-30-2015, 01:06 PM   #50
HELP ME PLS!!!

Had Chinese BBQ Goose many times. The local gooses are too lean and the meat texture and flavor isn't as good as a duck. I'd take duck over goose any day. Goose in HK/China on the other hand..
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: