REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 12-16-2015, 10:12 AM   #1
I don't like cheese but I love milk!

iphones camera roll reset and archive old photos?

Just got a new iphone 6s (up from 5)

Is there anyway to
1) reset the camera roll to start from 0001.jpg like on a new phone
2) move all the existing (old) photos from the current camera roll to like a backup, archive folders? (There are some old photos I want to have access to on my phone, but I found having them in the main camera roll is messy)

I found the photos numbering very confusing right now, since I went from a 4->5->6s. (restore from last phone)
The img # only goes up to 9999.jpg, but I've had over 18000 photos taken, which means a lot of the photos # are repeated, often more than once.
I selectively deleted most of the old photos after downloading it onto my PC, but kept others as I want them on my phone.
Advertisement
Ferra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 10:22 AM   #2
I don't like cheese but I love milk!

btw, I thought #2 could be easily solved by creating a new album/folder, and moving all the old photos there.

But apparently, the album/folders thing is retarded..it doesn't actually move photos into the folder. It kept it in the camera roll, and if you delete it from the camera roll, it will also disappear off the folder you created.
basically it works more like a label filter than an album folder.
Ferra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 03:35 PM   #3
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,114 Times in 482 Posts
use a 3rd party software such as ifunbox and create a folder elsewhere other than in the camera path? not sure if you need to have a device thats jailbroken.
Alby is offline   Reply With Quote