REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-21-2015, 01:07 PM   #1
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,755 Times in 3,869 Posts
PSA: thieves are out! Car was broken in to

Hey guys, just a quick reminder to make sure not only are your cars locked up, but make sure it's empty!! My focus was broken in to last night, but they didn't steal anything.

I did have stuff in my car, like a dash cam, radar detector etc but nothing was stolen. They ripped everything out of my glove box and centre console, but didn't steal my emergency sunglasses, insurance papers, bird poop wipes, pens or even the ~ 0.60 cents of change I had in the console. So I can't imagine what they were looking for.

They didn't break a window, and they also locked the doors before they left??? So when I get home I'm going to check my dashcam footage (for the audio) because it powers on right when you open the doors. So I'll see when it was broken in and maybe even catch when they broke into my landlords car (same time last night).

So guys, the scum is out strong right now. Be extra weary. Also I'm in a good part of Richmond, didn't expect it

Ps: should I report it to the non emergency police line? Even though nothing was stolen that I'm aware of, I'm not sure if they care for crime stats or anything
Advertisement
Old 12-21-2015, 01:13 PM   #2
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,557 Times in 511 Posts
Did you by chance leave you doors unlocked?

I know for a fact someone walks my alley daily or bi-daily and checks car doors at like 3am. Had it happen to me that I forgot to lock my door. They took the most stupid shit, broken shitty dash cam, and tire pressure guage. .That was it. I had $300 worth of paintball stuff on the floor in the back and they didn't even take that. My car always looks bare though to deter them.

Also a week or 2 back, when I was driving in burnaby near BCIT, I was driving down a block and literally almost every car on that block had their drivers window smashed, I remember the night of was really windy, so they probably took advantage, but literally within the block there were about 20 cars with their windows smashed.

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-21-2015, 02:35 PM   #3
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
how isn't there a junkie beat the fuck up caught by a car owner yet on the news?.
Old 12-21-2015, 02:50 PM   #4
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,419 Times in 255 Posts
Richmond here as well. Saw a truck parked on the road outside my apartment with the front driver side window smashed yesterday.
j.f0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 03:06 PM   #5

It was definitely locked last night, as I let my girlfriends moms dogs out for a piss, and double tapped the lock button so it even honked. I know it doesn't reach from inside my home so I doubt it was accidentally bumped to unlock.

Either way, my karma must be through the roof. So of course I'm double locking our motorcycles and bolting down everything I don't want stolen around the house. If they broke into multiple cars, they are definitely going to walk into people's backyards.
Old 12-21-2015, 03:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
how isn't there a junkie beat the fuck up caught by a car owner yet on the news?.

Because there wouldn't be a body to find
Old 12-21-2015, 03:41 PM   #7
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

My girlfriend's car was broken into also a few months ago. Stole the rather unusual items, like her gas receipts, skunk2 shift knob box (not the knob), tissue, high heels, an expired box of egg rolls and maybe some other items she would've thrown out if she remembered. She was questioning herself a lot because we always have a habit of listening to the car honk as we lock it before we walk away.
PDA_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 03:45 PM   #8
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Ps: should I report it to the non emergency police line? Even though nothing was stolen that I'm aware of, I'm not sure if they care for crime stats or anything
Yeah, just report it. It'll be logged for stats, it's how they'll decide where to put resources into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon-88 View Post
Did you by chance leave you doors unlocked?

I know for a fact someone walks my alley daily or bi-daily and checks car doors at like 3am. Had it happen to me that I forgot to lock my door. They took the most stupid shit, broken shitty dash cam, and tire pressure guage. .That was it. I had $300 worth of paintball stuff on the floor in the back and they didn't even take that. My car always looks bare though to deter them.

Also a week or 2 back, when I was driving in burnaby near BCIT, I was driving down a block and literally almost every car on that block had their drivers window smashed, I remember the night of was really windy, so they probably took advantage, but literally within the block there were about 20 cars with their windows smashed.
If you ever see anyone testing car doors/house windows, the cops view that as an attempted break in. They consider that a crime in progress, and worth a 911 call.

Also the Burnaby break ins were on the news: More than 350 Burnaby cars vandalized in smash-and-grab spree RCMP think it's just the one guy since October. MO is to drive to one street. break into the cars on that street, drive over a block to the next and repeat.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-21-2015, 03:50 PM   #9
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

My trunk was pried open a couple months back when I used to park in the alley behind my apartment building. Luckily, a guy from another building noticed the guys lurking around my car as well as his brothers car. He went down to confront them and found them standing over my opened trunk. He then chased them off (Bro of the year goes to that guy!). Anyways, I have since bought an alarm loud enough to wake the dead and have a 1/2" torque wrench close by for the knees of the next thief
Goltz91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 05:39 PM   #10
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goltz91 View Post
My trunk was pried open a couple months back when I used to park in the alley behind my apartment building. Luckily, a guy from another building noticed the guys lurking around my car as well as his brothers car. He went down to confront them and found them standing over my opened trunk. He then chased them off (Bro of the year goes to that guy!). Anyways, I have since bought an alarm loud enough to wake the dead and have a 1/2" torque wrench close by for the knees of the next thief
"I used to be a car thief,

Until I took a 1/2" torque wrench to the knee"

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-21-2015, 05:53 PM   #11
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

tfw you see your car with the trunk popped and everything on the ground
dn53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 05:55 PM   #12
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Fuck you too?

Growing up in Richmond nothing like this has ever happened to me or my friends.

I parked my truck at my buddy's complex on Moffatt road this weekend and we drove up to Whistler in a van, to come back to my truck being broken into.

I'm fucking pissed, trying to not let it get to me but fuck this just might ruin my Christmas.

They broke in from my rear sliding window into the cab, that's glass you see on my seats and everything on my seats were in my center console. How they were able to climb in from that small opening baffles me. I've tried opening the door from the inside while the truck was locked and the alarm went off, so they mustve climbed through the back to exit too.

That's my cologne on the back, wire was for dashcams which these fuckers took, along with some US cash, a work sweater, Puma jacket, shoes, tablet that was locked in my console and a variety of smaller items I haven't finished inventory for yet.

If I ever find out who did this I'm knocking their fucking teeth in.

320 whereabouts in Richmond do you live? You should still report it to Richmond RCMP non emergency line, maybe that'll notify patrol officers to frequent certain areas, if it can save a fellow hard working citizen it's well worth the call.

Also, they took my insurance papers.... But I don't understand why. What can they do with it and what should I do to prevent anything?

Cadillac CTS (Current)

Last edited by hchang; 12-21-2015 at 07:29 PM.
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-21-2015, 06:04 PM   #13

I'm very close to the Costco in Richmond, closer to shell road. I know a bunch of other RS guys live on the streets around me, but cannot remember user names.
Old 12-21-2015, 06:32 PM   #14
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
I'm very close to the Costco in Richmond, closer to shell road. I know a bunch of other RS guys live on the streets around me, but cannot remember user names.
I'm at garden city / capstan, very close to Costco as well and have had people go through my shit as well.
kr4l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 06:35 PM   #15
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Hey guys, just a quick reminder to make sure not only are your cars locked up, but make sure it's empty!! My focus was broken in to last night, but they didn't steal anything.

I did have stuff in my car, like a dash cam, radar detector etc but nothing was stolen. They ripped everything out of my glove box and centre console, but didn't steal my emergency sunglasses, insurance papers, bird poop wipes, pens or even the ~ 0.60 cents of change I had in the console. So I can't imagine what they were looking for.

They didn't break a window, and they also locked the doors before they left??? So when I get home I'm going to check my dashcam footage (for the audio) because it powers on right when you open the doors. So I'll see when it was broken in and maybe even catch when they broke into my landlords car (same time last night).

So guys, the scum is out strong right now. Be extra weary. Also I'm in a good part of Richmond, didn't expect it

Man..I think you are near where I am, couple years back my ISF was broken into near this time of the year as well. I thought it was a safe neighbourhood too, you know with the school and all near by.

Watch out for sure. I wonder if I should just leave my Van parked unlocked.
nsx042003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 07:10 PM   #16
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsx042003 View Post
Man..I think you are near where I am, couple years back my ISF was broken into near this time of the year as well. I thought it was a safe neighbourhood too, you know with the school and all near by.

Watch out for sure. I wonder if I should just leave my Van parked unlocked.
When they went through my work van, I forgot to lock the doors but they didn't steal anything cause it was empty. Just went through and scattered papers everywhere. Maybe stole $2.00 in change.

Worth leaving it unlocked. Save yourself the hassle of getting a new glass
kr4l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 07:31 PM   #17
is best wrench

Thanked 1,208 Times in 272 Posts
Quote:
I believe I'm roughly in the same area as you are. Thanks for the heads up!

Sucks because this part of Richmond wasn't so bad before
monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 08:41 PM   #18
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Yep, as someone who's been through it twice now, it's among the most disappointing things to deal with, especially around the holidays. There is a special place in hell for car thieves.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-21-2015, 08:50 PM   #19
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post
Fuck you too?

Growing up in Richmond nothing like this has ever happened to me or my friends.

I parked my truck at my buddy's complex on Moffatt road this weekend and we drove up to Whistler in a van, to come back to my truck being broken into.

I'm fucking pissed, trying to not let it get to me but fuck this just might ruin my Christmas.

They broke in from my rear sliding window into the cab, that's glass you see on my seats and everything on my seats were in my center console. How they were able to climb in from that small opening baffles me. I've tried opening the door from the inside while the truck was locked and the alarm went off, so they mustve climbed through the back to exit too.

That's my cologne on the back, wire was for dashcams which these fuckers took, along with some US cash, a work sweater, Puma jacket, shoes, tablet that was locked in my console and a variety of smaller items I haven't finished inventory for yet.

If I ever find out who did this I'm knocking their fucking teeth in.

320 whereabouts in Richmond do you live? You should still report it to Richmond RCMP non emergency line, maybe that'll notify patrol officers to frequent certain areas, if it can save a fellow hard working citizen it's well worth the call.

Also, they took my insurance papers.... But I don't understand why. What can they do with it and what should I do to prevent anything?
they have your address now... did you leave a garage remote or anything like that in the glovebox or console?

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-21-2015, 08:50 PM   #20
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
When i had my car broken into they took my papers and garage door opener. Was told that its easier to break in to other cars at your apartment.
Adorkami is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-21-2015, 08:50 PM   #21
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Considering my car was broken into in the middle of Robson St a few years back while it was still busy out, I'm not terribly surprised by how brazen some thieves are.

That said, I left my car parked in E. Van for a full week and fully expected to come back to broken glass everywhere. Pleasantly surprised that it wasn't touched, except for a nice pile of leaves on it.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 09:08 PM   #22
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raid3n View Post
they have your address now... did you leave a garage remote or anything like that in the glovebox or console?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adorkami View Post
When i had my car broken into they took my papers and garage door opener. Was told that its easier to break in to other cars at your apartment.
Nope didnt leave a garage remote but I live in a house and not in Richmond. I don't know if these fuckheads drive (very limited bus service where I am) but that still worries me that they have my address.

Cadillac CTS (Current)
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 09:53 PM   #23
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,906 Times in 3,869 Posts
^ set up your truck as bait, odds are the fuckers will try again before your window gets fixed by ICBC.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-21-2015, 10:43 PM   #24
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
Quote:
Nope didnt leave a garage remote but I live in a house and not in Richmond. I don't know if these fuckheads drive (very limited bus service where I am) but that still worries me that they have my address.
They want it for your address. I'd be really careful, especially after Christmas. I keep a copy of my insurance in the car with the address blacked out. Cops I've asked say that's not really legal, but they understand the reasoning. Regardless, they say to keep the insurance papers out of your glovebox, and keep it somewhere else in the car, under the floormats, etc.

Make sure your house is locked up tight. No unlocked windows on any floor, wooden dowels in the tracks to prevent them from opening, etc. They might be looking at a home B&E. Or just wait a few weeks for you to get your truck fixed and break in again.

My aunt got carjacked in Surrey one year on Christmas Day, in the lot @ Surrey Memorial Hospital. When the cops at the hospital attended, they immediately drove her home to Burnaby. Good thing my uncle was home, he heard them trying her keys in the door, and they took off when he answered the door. Five minutes later the RCMP rolls up with my aunt. They ended up recovering the van in Surrey a couple weeks later.

Years ago, one of my co-workers came into work pissed off, as his house was broken into and his sister's car was broken into the same day. He didn't realize that they took the insurance papers for the home address. Funny thing (to us) was he was at home and asleep during the entire time the thieves ransacked the house. He didn't wake up until his parents came home freaking out about the break in and woke him up. Were they ever pissed with him. We joked with him for years that there's cell phone video of the thieves teabagging him during the robbery.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-22-2015, 08:55 AM   #25
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

what is the 'good part of richmond'?

People get their cars broken into all over richmond, steveston, west richmnd, seafair, river road area....not sure where there would be a neighbourhood that would be exempt from this.
JHatta is offline   Reply With Quote