REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-09-2016, 05:56 PM   #1
KO7
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Tint Installer Scratched and Swirled My Trunk Bumper - Fixed by Autowerkes

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post

Or you might as well have just skipped the entire useless story, and your conversation with the shop, and just said:

"Hey guys, I went to have my brand new car tinted, and the shop swirled the shit out of my bumper, just make sure to tell your tint shop to be careful if you care about your paint."
Advertisement

Last edited by KO7; 01-11-2016 at 06:17 AM.
KO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-10-2016, 01:17 AM   #2
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,161 Times in 301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KO7 View Post

I was debating whether or not to go back to the tint shop and claim my X amount of dollars for the paint correction and not share my experience here. However, the way I was treated by them, I VERY much rather (possibly) help anyone out here by giving you a heads-up next time you go in for tint. It's not my intention to publicly sling feces at them, so I won't be naming the shop here, especially cause I've had good dealings with them til this incident. If you care about the quality of your paint at all, please have a talk with your tint guy beforehand about how he treats your car during and after the tint application. Obviously you'd much rather have him leave the tint overspray on your bumper than to have what happened to my car happen to yours.

Doesn't matter what your experiences were before. If they can fuck it up once and not claim responsibility, it can easily happen to someone else another time.
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 05:40 AM   #3
KO7

Hopefully the manager at least has a word with his staff about it, despite his poker face in denying responsibility. I posted this thread so people may lessen the chance of this happening on their cars if they make their choice of installer / shop aware of their concerns beforehand.
Old 01-10-2016, 08:46 AM   #4
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Which tint shop is it?
kkttsang is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-10-2016, 09:39 AM   #5
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Thread is useless without tint shop name.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 10:31 AM   #6
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Tell us the shop name, this aura of secrecy does the community no favours.
freelunch is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-10-2016, 10:46 AM   #7
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,908 Times in 755 Posts
Tint Installer Scratched and Swirled My Trunk Bumper - Fixed by Autowerkes

this is not a rant. ...it's a positive review of autowerkes lol. shoulda just said "autowerkes does good stuff" nuff said.
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-10-2016, 11:13 AM   #8
KO7

Sorry guys, I have a tough time publicly naming the shop as I have no definitive proof they did it. If you really need to know, PM me. I ask that you please don't post the name of the shop in here. I didn't intend for this thread to turn into a witch-hunt.

Last edited by KO7; 01-10-2016 at 11:23 AM.
Old 01-10-2016, 11:26 AM   #9

Did we learn nothing from vip auto body thread.
Let us know which tinter then rs member will google look at the reviews and see maybe it's a isolated incident, maybe not and make an inform decision.
But right now we can't even look them up. It's not a witch hunt, it just like a bad Yelp review. I think it help rs member more if u tell us all who it is, because when people search they will see this review and make inform choices.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-10-2016, 12:11 PM   #10
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Why even make this thread, if your not going to tell us who the shop is.

If your reason really was "to protect the community", your not helping at all by not naming the shop, especially if they are a shop that many people use.

At this point the only thing this thread accomplishes is to pump the tires of Ken @ Autowerkes (which you claim would upset him). Doesn't really make a difference anyway, most people on here know he does fantastic work.

Or you might as well have just skipped the entire useless story, and your conversation with the shop, and just said:

"Hey guys, I went to have my brand new car tinted, and the shop swirled the shit out of my bumper, just make sure to tell your tint shop to be careful if you care about your paint."

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 12:19 PM   #11
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
Quote:
Sorry guys, I have a tough time publicly naming the shop as I have no definitive proof they did it.
didnt you just go back and forth arguing with them that they HAD to have done it ? Wut

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-10-2016, 12:49 PM   #12
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
you fucker,just name the shop so we all don't get scammed.
Old 01-10-2016, 01:37 PM   #13
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 4,518 Times in 691 Posts
On a side note, anyone have a tint place they recommend, that's affordable? I need a rear window done (defroster lines).
1992 Nissan President Sovereign, Black
1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R, Black
1989 Nissan Skyline GTS-4, Black
1986 Porsche 944, Black
SpartanAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 02:09 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanAir View Post
On a side note, anyone have a tint place they recommend, that's affordable? I need a rear window done (defroster lines).
I know a place where you shouldn't go...... Actually no I don't because of op.
Old 01-10-2016, 02:53 PM   #15
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkttsang View Post
I know a place where you shouldn't go...... Actually no I don't because of op.
Make sure you have an appointment with Ken afterwards too
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 03:05 PM   #16
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Sorry guys, I have a tough time publicly naming the shop as I have no definitive proof they did it. If you really need to know, PM me. I ask that you please don't post the name of the shop in here. I didn't intend for this thread to turn into a witch-hunt.
Didn't your mother teach you, if you don't have something nice to say about a person to keep it to yourself without giving vague remarks?

You've could've made this thread about Autowerks Exclusive without any indication of a tint shop and it would've been well received.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 03:07 PM   #17
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-10-2016, 03:45 PM   #18
KO7

If sharing my experience of having my car scratched and swirled and advising you to have a word with ANY tint installer about your concerns beforehand doesn't help, then fail me all you want.
Old 01-10-2016, 03:55 PM   #19

Quote:
If sharing my experience of having my car scratched and swirled and advising you to have a word with ANY tint installer about your concerns beforehand doesn't help, then fail me all you want.
But the thing is you don't expect to see scratched and swirls when you get them to tint it, sometimes there are things a customer shouldn't need to say it's a given, I shouldn't need to tell them don't scratch my car, don't take my car for a joy ride, don't crash my car, and when something does happen, oops you didn't tell me beforehand. I shit all over your interior sorry you didn't tell me beforehand

Good business hold themselves to a professional standard and looks like these guys don't and we would like to avoid them with your help.

Last edited by kkttsang; 01-10-2016 at 04:00 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-10-2016, 04:24 PM   #20
private modder

Thanked 2,652 Times in 741 Posts
Quote:
Then why is most of your incredibly long essay focused on how you were treated by this specific tint installer?

You're missing the point about why your thread ended up being a waste of reader's time.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-10-2016, 04:25 PM   #21
KO7

Can you guys not understand why I don't want to call out the shop by name as I'm not 100% sure they did it? I know what internet mob mentality is like, just look at some of the responses I've gotten in this very thread. It wouldn't be fair to tarnish their reputation and hurt their business if they really didn't do it. I laid out the facts to you guys honestly with what I know, but I can't say for 100% certainty they did it without proof.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff-1 View Post
Then why is most of your incredibly long essay focused on how you were treated by this specific tint installer?

You're missing the point about why your thread ended up being a waste of reader's time.
Well, I apologize for wasting your time. I tend to get carried away with being long-winded sometimes.

Last edited by KO7; 01-10-2016 at 04:32 PM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-10-2016, 04:29 PM   #22

Quote:
Can you guys not understand why I don't want to call out the shop by name as I'm not 100% sure they did it? I know what internet mob mentality is like, just look at some of the responses I've gotten in this very thread. It wouldn't be fair to tarnish their reputation and hurt their business if they really didn't do it. I laid out the facts to you guys honestly with what I know, but I can't say for 100% certainty they did it without proof.
Then why did u go back and accuse them of doing it and want a refund, and when they said they didn't do it you insisted they did and you said they keep changing the story, YOU were the one who said in the thread that they did it.

Back paddle so fast now they may not have done it.

Useless thread, over dramatize everything, and is it even true.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-10-2016, 04:31 PM   #23
private modder

Thanked 2,652 Times in 741 Posts
Quote:
But you contacted them saying they did it and even asked them for a refund
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 04:33 PM   #24
KO7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkttsang View Post
Then why did u go back and accuse them of doing it and want a refund, and when they said they didn't do it you insisted they did and you said they keep changing the story, YOU were the one who said in the thread that they did it.

Back paddle so fast now they may not have done it.

Useless thread, over dramatize everything, and is it even true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff-1 View Post
But you contacted them saying they did it and even asked them for a refund
I'm convinced beyond reasonable doubt that they did it. Was I emotional about it and pissed enough to ask for a refund? Yeah definitely. I can't prove it, and I can't be 100% sure they did it. How am I backpedalling?
I've already apologized for wasting everyone's time for making you read this thread, what do you want me to do? Have a melt-down and start swearing at everyone?
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-10-2016, 04:39 PM   #25

Quote:
If you doubt yourself about your claim then you shouldn't pursue to ask for compensation. To them now, your story sounds like your just trying to take advantage of an innocent shop.

You should clarify some details such as.. what was the time interval from the completion of the tint job to your car wash? Where is it parked regularly? (strangers like to sit/lean on fenders/hoods/bumpers) And how often do you load stuff into the car from the rear hatch?

I mean you can't keep your car in pristine condition forever, swirls are inevitable, but I understand that your situation is a bit different especially if it was caused by a shop that your bringing business to.
i-vtecyo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: