REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-20-2016, 06:17 PM   #26
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,182 Times in 356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xu.Vi View Post
I don't see Saskatchewan mentioned anywhere. it was stated that because I am forfeiting a cellphone, they are able to offer me more cellular data. If I wanted a phone, I'd only have about 1gig's worth.
If that's the case, I'm not quite sure why 3-6 of your original post are a complaint if you agreed to it - could you explain?
Advertisement
AstulzerRZD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 06:23 PM   #27
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstulzerRZD View Post
If that's the case, I'm not quite sure why 3-6 of your original post are a complaint if you agreed to it - could you explain?
It's a complaint because this cellphone plan could be offered on its own for $48 WITHOUT a cellphone. There was no reason for them to put a MOTO X on my tab balance other than for the mere reason of pocketing the phone itself. Again, they mentioned I am trading the benefit of receiving a new cellphone for more data, when in reality I am essentially paying an additional $15 monthly on top of that $48 to pay off their MOTO X.
Xu.Vi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 07:44 PM   #28
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,601 Times in 543 Posts
I have to say even though you were being used so they could get a phone, their trick of giving you the saskatchewan plan and then porting it over... your $65 is still a pretty damn good deal for 5GB when everyone here is paying 80+ for the same thing.

When koodo finds out, they'll find out not only were they possible stealing a phone at your expense, but also exploiting the saskatchewan plan loophole.
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-20-2016, 08:17 PM   #29
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,112 Times in 264 Posts

Since you have the IMEI # you should call it in as stolen and flag it so it's useless

Screw them over
Volvo-brickster is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-20-2016, 09:10 PM   #30

Now that's just being a dick
Old 01-20-2016, 10:44 PM   #31
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade View Post
I have to say even though you were being used so they could get a phone, their trick of giving you the saskatchewan plan and then porting it over... your $65 is still a pretty damn good deal for 5GB when everyone here is paying 80+ for the same thing.

When koodo finds out, they'll find out not only were they possible stealing a phone at your expense, but also exploiting the saskatchewan plan loophole.
The main point is that the guys weren't transparent with OP. There were no reason for him to pay $65 instead of $48 even if it's a "good deal". If I was in OP's shoes and knew I was getting the SK plan instead of a BC plan, why wouldn't I just do it myself?

It's easy to get the $48 plan. I did it for myself and my brother. If Telus cared, they would've patched the system by now.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:57 PM   #32
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
take the comp money then go call telus support and complain and cancel... LOLOL
Old 01-20-2016, 11:41 PM   #33
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade View Post

are you telling me that rogers could have the same plan of 5gb for 80$?
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 11:46 PM   #34
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,821 Times in 3,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
take the comp money then go call telus support and complain and cancel... LOLOL
just make sure your child doesn't slip on another grape in the mall
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-21-2016, 07:40 AM   #35
I don't like cheese but I love milk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
The main point is that the guys weren't transparent with OP. There were no reason for him to pay $65 instead of $48 even if it's a "good deal". If I was in OP's shoes and knew I was getting the SK plan instead of a BC plan, why wouldn't I just do it myself?

It's easy to get the $48 plan. I did it for myself and my brother. If Telus cared, they would've patched the system by now.
The retailer is being a bit shady for sure, but I wouldn't really call it a "scam"
At the end of the day, OP got what he expected ($65/month for 5GB data), didn't he?

Yes, the retailer made money off OP. But they are a business, they are in it to make money, not a charity or a non-profit group to give people free information on how to save money.

The SK plan is a bit of a loop-hole and most people really don't know about it or how to get it. (I didn't, I am paying $100+ for my 5GB!)
They made it easy and do all the work for you, and they made a profit doing so...
Most businesses make money using the same principles (information and convenience)

It is like paying an accountant or someone $100 to file your taxes, when in reality, he just get a tax software for $20 and spend 15 min entering in those numbers from the forms and T4 you gave him.
People who knew about the simple tax software would've done it themselves and save $80, but they didn't, so they paid $100.
Ferra is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-21-2016, 09:32 AM   #36
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
^I don't think that logic applies to official resellers for Telus services.. if you go to an official reseller, you expect to get exactly what the parent company offers. They can't just sell you Telus services at random prices and pocket the rest.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:37 AM   #37
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,843 Times in 880 Posts
Didn't they put a $360 tab on his account? That's money he owes if he cancels.
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 10:03 AM   #38
I don't like cheese but I love milk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
^I don't think that logic applies to official resellers for Telus services.. if you go to an official reseller, you expect to get exactly what the parent company offers. They can't just sell you Telus services at random prices and pocket the rest.
I agree with them breaking the Telus/Koodo reseller's rules, hence kinda shady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorIS View Post
Didn't they put a $360 tab on his account? That's money he owes if he cancels.
He was informed of the $15/month (24 months contract) charges if he cancels tho.

Not defending the retailer since what they did definitely break the reseller rules with the service provider.
At the end of the day, I just thought OP got exactly what he asked for. (The SK plan isn't something you can just walk in and get at any Telus store)

In any case, I think they are scamming telus/koodo more than OP.
Ferra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 11:30 AM   #39

Yes. I got what I wanted in the end but if Koodo were to catch onto this and cancelled my plan, or if I had to call in for an inquiry, my account could be suspended therefore leaving me with the remainder of the tab.

Yes, everyone needs to make money...that's why we work. We're paying accountants for their time and reliability...it's a service.
Old 01-22-2016, 12:28 AM   #40
2 Wheel'd Mod

Quote:
Spoiler!
You seem to have a fairly decent command of English, so didn't it seem suspicious the second paragraph started with "Plan details is"?
/)__)
-"--"-

http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...hreadid=417820
!oHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 01:24 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by !oHenry View Post
You seem to have a fairly decent command of English, so didn't it seem suspicious the second paragraph started with "Plan details is"?
Again. The whole idea of being in an authorized retailer threw me off. Call me stupid
Old 01-22-2016, 04:30 AM   #42
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,090 Times in 318 Posts
They were marketing for koodo for commission, a service they did by advertising. A free cell phone for the slave work of finding them a new client fee. Parker place contract could be $65 service fee for x service. People sign it and instead of them giving koodo account. They give there own company name as a receipt. Just pay the tax. Flipping koodo marketing. Pulling people from chatr with no data to 5gb and unlimited canada wide, $65 dollars my naga siren. People jump ship to you because you save them money from their ripped off bills. Service fee for doing all the bitch work,"heres your 65 dollar plan".
corollagtSr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 02:28 PM   #43

From the looks of it, Jeffrey Uy canceled anything he had with Koodo and Koodo's area manager is aware of the situation going on @ Easylink.