REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 04-22-2016, 10:47 AM   #26
I am Hook'd on RS

Verdasco, I suggest trying to limit your caffeine intake so you can sleep better at night. Or, as you just did, avoid it 95% of the time. When you sleep better at night (get full 7 to 8 hours), you won't feel sleepy during the day. Also, take your dinner at around 6 or 7pm instead of 10pm when you get home. I know you'll be at school attending classes. Is it possible to eat (say a sandwich or dinner) while attending class? Sleeping with a full stomach is known to cause heart attacks (not scientifically but its common knowledge in some asian cultures). Your heart works overtime to get your body digest all that food. Also, it is difficult to fall asleep with after dinner. One also tends to become overweight because instead of burning the fat from digested food (i.e., when you're up and about), your body stores it as fat in your body.

plat27265 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-22-2016, 11:19 AM   #27
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plat27265 View Post
Verdasco, I suggest trying to limit your caffeine intake so you can sleep better at night. Or, as you just did, avoid it 95% of the time. When you sleep better at night (get full 7 to 8 hours), you won't feel sleepy during the day. Also, take your dinner at around 6 or 7pm instead of 10pm when you get home. I know you'll be at school attending classes. Is it possible to eat (say a sandwich or dinner) while attending class? Sleeping with a full stomach is known to cause heart attacks (not scientifically but its common knowledge in some asian cultures). Your heart works overtime to get your body digest all that food. Also, it is difficult to fall asleep with after dinner. One also tends to become overweight because instead of burning the fat from digested food (i.e., when you're up and about), your body stores it as fat in your body.
uh...this is 100% bullshit.
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2016, 12:26 PM   #28
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vicious View Post
uh...this is 100% bullshit.
It's up to you. Part of a healthy living is eating on time and having a proper diet. Most people think it's a load of crap but works for some who dare to try it.
plat27265 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-23-2016, 11:20 AM   #29
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
hey guys,

been an ongoing issue the past month, been trying to balance work, school and gym 5 days a week and my caffeine intake from coffee and energy drinks have gone sky high.

wakeu p at 6, work till 4, school till 9.

Coffee gives me bad caffeine crash and blurred vision, energy drink has no crash but gives heart/chest aches and problems.

Any other drinks that is in the market that will be healthy?? I am thinking of tea, any suggestions on brand and where to buy?
One cup of coffee in the morning is fine.

Learn biphasic sleep. 15 - 30 min nap before work. 6 - 7 hours sleep at night.

If you sleep for full 8 hours, you should be able to stay up all day without a nap. Unless you have sleep apnea (refer to the sleep issue thread), where you're not getting good quality sleep. Or something is waking you up constantly.

To be honest, your schedule is not that tough, considering after 9pm, you have a whole 9 hour before you wake up for work, so I don't see why you need to consume energy drinks. The problem lies in your diet and your sleep quality.

What time do you usually go to bed? Plan your supper 3 hours before bed time.

Stop the energy drinks as they are known to have negative long term effect such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart problems, etc. Every unhealthy choice can negatively impact your quality of life, which forces you to rely more on these products. Get back on a healthy track now, it's never too late.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 09:32 PM   #30
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
One cup of coffee in the morning is fine.

Learn biphasic sleep. 15 - 30 min nap before work. 6 - 7 hours sleep at night.

If you sleep for full 8 hours, you should be able to stay up all day without a nap. Unless you have sleep apnea (refer to the sleep issue thread), where you're not getting good quality sleep. Or something is waking you up constantly.

To be honest, your schedule is not that tough, considering after 9pm, you have a whole 9 hour before you wake up for work, so I don't see why you need to consume energy drinks. The problem lies in your diet and your sleep quality.

What time do you usually go to bed? Plan your supper 3 hours before bed time.

Stop the energy drinks as they are known to have negative long term effect such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart problems, etc. Every unhealthy choice can negatively impact your quality of life, which forces you to rely more on these products. Get back on a healthy track now, it's never too late.
havent drank an energy drink for 3 months. Stayed off that shiet once I noticed my heart was pumping 1000x harder.

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 01:00 AM   #31
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Green Tea
guurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 07:23 PM   #32
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Hey man,

Coffee is a stimulant and stimulants cause dependency. More often than not, they also become a part of homeostasis and the body "requires" it for you to feel "normal" (hence why people say they are having a bad day because they "did not have their coffee")

Tolerance will depend how coffee affects people. Personally, I can drink 2 cups of coffee and not feel the slightest bit of energy. However, coffee is not needed for energy, as you have found out yourself.

You can have plenty energy sources for your workouts and you mentioned your sleep which looks good and regular so I'd say you're on the right track. If you ever need any "boost", have some green tea tablets or focus on proper nutrition and timing to optimize energy.
davidpavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 02:24 PM   #33
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

try not to drink coffee in the morning and just drink one cup in the afternoon.
worked for me
jumsoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 03:59 AM   #34
RS Lurker, I don't post!

I am trying to replace a coffee with black tea, but it's not working for now. I have a really low blood pressure and if I don't drink coffee first thing in the morning well..the feeling is like I'm going to pass out.
johnyw is offline   Reply With Quote