REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-27-2016, 09:30 PM   #26
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndLeSS8 View Post
What planet are you living on?!!

Reality my friend. It's what happens when everyone slams a certain car into the wall. They become more rare, thus people start paying more and more for them. I guess I envisioned a very well kept one owner vehicle with good service history. I'd rather a 300k car with a stack of receipts than a 190k car with no documentation.

If the thing looks like a 300k car then ya, it'll be worth a lot less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
Desireable chassis. Drifto tax. That $7K one posted is probably more like $4.5K. Remember that the older cars are gaining popularity now. Same thing happened to the AE86's. You can't buy a fucking rust bucket for less than $5K today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Yet they are willing to pay $5K for a rust bucket AE86.
I wonder what mine's worth considering it's got very little rust. Oh wait, there's only one on craigslist right now for $5k and it's got rust...
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2016, 10:27 PM   #27
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,357 Times in 3,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlenko View Post
It's worth whatever the idiot you find with cash in his pocket is willing to pay for it. That's called market pricing.
In economics, market price is the economic price for which a good or service is offered in the marketplace. It is of interest mainly in the study of microeconomics. Market value and market price are equal only under conditions of market efficiency, equilibrium, and rational expectations.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:37 PM   #28
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
it's refreshing seeing a 240 that isn't a rust bucket with different colour panels
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 07:01 AM   #29
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabAlmighty View Post
Reality my friend. It's what happens when everyone slams a certain car into the wall. They become more rare, thus people start paying more and more for them. I guess I envisioned a very well kept one owner vehicle with good service history. I'd rather a 300k car with a stack of receipts than a 190k car with no documentation.

If the thing looks like a 300k car then ya, it'll be worth a lot less.
That's not reality. I've owned 2 S14s in great condition (and sold both of them), and I've been keeping up with 240's since 2005

A 300k S13, even if it has all receipts etc, is nowhere near worth $7k
EndLeSS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 01:55 PM   #30
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

lol u would have to be really stupid to pay more than 2k for the 90 with 300k and more than 4k for the craigslist ad
you! is offline   Reply With Quote