REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-27-2016, 05:59 PM   #1
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Renting parking spots

What should I be weary of/watch for? Do I asked for a signed agreement and pay in cash? Looking to buy a parking spot near VGH area and been looking on craigslist
Advertisement
RuffleCopterz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 06:26 PM   #2
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

R u looking to buy or rent?
kkttsang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 06:50 PM   #3
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Talk to your lawyer? It depends on what land it is sitting on etc.. titled etc? If it is in an apartment complex, have you read the bylaws?
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 07:53 PM   #4
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Sorry I mean rent
RuffleCopterz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 08:02 PM   #5
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
I rent a parking spot downtown because of work. I've had some owners ask for an agreement and others are fine with just a verbal agreement. The spot I am currently renting is just by verbal agreement and that works just fine.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 08:06 PM   #6
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I'm renting by vgh, our spots are rented by the property manager. He had us sign an agreement every year.It's in the alley between 12 and 13 by oak. 75$/month. The lady beside me who is renting right now she is not needing the spot. Pm me if interested and I can ask her for you. Are you working at vgh?
kkttsang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 11:18 PM   #7
degenerate extraordinaire

Best bet if you are looking to rent from an apartment or commercial building is to inquire with the property manager or caretaker of the building. Some buildings have parking stalls that are not assigned to a strata unit, so those are open for either unit owners or outside people to rent.
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 05:06 PM   #8
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
One thing would be to check out the cleanliness of the spot. If there are stuffs spilled there make sure to document and noted by both parties. Sometimes shits from other stalls spilling into yours and there are clause that would have you arranged to have it cleaned.

Does it have other properties on it? Some lot has a bike stall to go with.

Well lit? Secured? Yes, these things matter. Check all those.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 11:47 PM   #9
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
get it in writing.

verbal agreements can be absolutely fine, but why risk it (especially if you have no relationship with the person, i.e. craigslist find).
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 07:04 PM   #10
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Likes others have said, best to check with the building manager since at the end of the day, they are the ones who will/will not be enforcing the parking rules.

As a side note, I was recently told that when condo owners get a parking stall, they do not own the stall but rather an exclusive rights to use it, so whether or not they can sublet the stall out will be another story.
Bring some RS people with you to help u GANG BANG the guy!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Selanne_200 is offline   Reply With Quote