REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-31-2016, 03:29 PM   #1
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

2015 mustang GT. Need oil change and probably tires rotated. Dealership or private?

First time doing this stuff. Oil change msg has popped up. I'm at 10k kms as well so thinking about rotating tires. But apparently should get everything else done as this is around when you get scheduled maintenance?

Dealership? Or do you guys have some good places you recommend to go to?
Advertisement
clevernickname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 03:38 PM   #2
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,161 Times in 301 Posts
Shouldn't your first oil change be for free assuming you bought brand new?
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-31-2016, 03:41 PM   #3

Hmm now that you mention it I think you're right. The dealership is an hour drive away though (friend of friend got me good price from there). Do you know if the whole maintenance is free (rotate, inspection) or jus the oil change?
Old 01-31-2016, 03:59 PM   #4
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,753 Times in 3,868 Posts
Call them. First oil change and rotation was free on my '14 focus st
Old 01-31-2016, 04:03 PM   #5
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I've been pretty happy with Brown Bros.

Has your Mustang been consuming any oil at all in that time period?
mr00jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 04:38 PM   #6
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
go back to the dealership. with the service discount coupons ford sends me in the mail it's not that bad.

i haven't gone back to brown bros since wayne left and the big staff change at the front office... how is it these days mr00jimbo?
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 06:13 PM   #7

I haven't had the opportunity to get my Stang serviced yet but I bought it from there and was quite impressed by the sale and after service. They fulfilled my request to not drill the front bumper and prepped the car very nicely.
My sister takes her Fords there and always has good things to say though.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:05 PM   #8
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr00jimbo View Post
I haven't had the opportunity to get my Stang serviced yet but I bought it from there and was quite impressed by the sale and after service. They fulfilled my request to not drill the front bumper and prepped the car very nicely.
My sister takes her Fords there and always has good things to say though.
they do service for mustangs over on the fleet maintenance side which is a separate building near the oak st. bridge, which is not the same as the regular service dept. on the main lot. i stopped going over a year ago after seeing everyone i used to deal with leave or disappear, and i got somewhat vague reasons when i asked... i'm going to ocean park ford now, but it's far (white rock).
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds

Last edited by thumper; 01-31-2016 at 07:27 PM.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:17 PM   #9

How come the Mustangs don't get serviced in the main location?

I heard that they used to have a dyno, and seem to have performance oriented stuff there but it sucks that it's changed up. I would be interested to hear why.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:23 PM   #10
Witness protection

performance division is underneath the fleet servicing dept. of that building. i don't know what is going on there anymore. maybe it's still there and business as usual. wayne was the one who did the tuning with a bolt-on dyno but after he left there was no one else there that i know of that took over for him? i only met wayne once so i don't know him that well and i never got the chance to hear it straight from him as to why he and everyone else went away. but again that was about a year ago so i don't know if that has changed or not.

http://www.brownbrosford.com/Perform...9/Default.aspx

if you are looking for someone to dyno tune a mustang, give jawanda motorsports in surrey a call. that's what ocean park will tell you to do (right after the remind you your warranty will go bye bye if something breaks as a result of the tune).

https://www.facebook.com/JAWANDA-MOT...0391177672287/

Last edited by thumper; 01-31-2016 at 07:33 PM.
Old 01-31-2016, 09:28 PM   #11
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
you waited till 10k km to do your first oil change!?

Damn I don't know the recommended maintenance, but on brand new trucks I usually take the first oil change at 1000-2000 another one at 5000, and then switch to full synth and go to my regular maintenance interval after that.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 11:06 PM   #12
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,584 Times in 4,318 Posts
New Mustangs run a square tire setup?

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 12:40 PM   #13

Base model. Performance package has staggered. Extra 3500$ though.

@meme: yeah I thought it'd be sooner, but everyone on the musatng forums and ford said the computer/sensors will know when it needs to be changed based on driving style supposedly.

Is there anything else you're supposed to do every year for maintenance? All these other inspections I'm reading about? Or just oil/brakes/tires...

And I believe my oil is already synthetic: Motorcraft SAE 5W-20 Synthetic Motor Oil
Old 02-01-2016, 12:50 PM   #14
Witness protection

maintenance schedule should be in your owner's manual or in a separate booklet.

the last time i went to the dealer, there is a mulitpoint inspection list that they go through and check off and present to you as part of the service. at least that was what my service discount coupon included from ford. i paid something like $70-80 for the oil/filter/inspection.

service interval is dictated by your driving habits. the computer on mine told me i was due at 4000kms. my longest computer dictated interval was almost 15k kms, which might be because i was doing extended highway driving.

still the same oil as me...

i'm also curious to know if you are experiencing any oil consumption. i'm at around 55k kms on my 2011 (i think) and it burns about 1/2 quart between service intervals.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2016, 12:59 PM   #15
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
^ the 5.0 in my truck burns about the same amount of oil.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2016, 01:10 PM   #16
Witness protection

i'm not too concerned with the oil consumption, just curious as to what others are experiencing. i used to have an 98 integra type-r and it would burn if i'm heavy into vtec all the time, but not a drop at all if i go into granny mode... but my old mk5 vw gti burned a quart every 1000kms, which vw said was "within norm". wtf.
Old 02-01-2016, 04:15 PM   #17

Ehh...no idea. This is the first time I checked the oil -.-

It's midway between min and max so not sure what to make of that.
Old 02-01-2016, 04:22 PM   #18
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevernickname View Post
Ehh...no idea. This is the first time I checked the oil -.-

It's midway between min and max so not sure what to make of that.
and that's where it should be
Old 02-04-2016, 03:46 PM   #19

Going to dealership, thanks for advice.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:55 PM   #20
Witness protection

which dealer have you decided upon?