REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-02-2016, 02:58 PM   #26
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
post on the misc next time about how some beta cuck couldn't handle your alphaness because you choose to drive when you want
Advertisement

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.

Last edited by The_AK; 02-02-2016 at 03:21 PM.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 03:05 PM   #27
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgsr View Post
maybe don't flip people off unless you can back up your threat (telling him to fuck off)

just sit in your car like a pussy and take his honking next time
People flip each other off all the time.

Can't say I havn't done it before, although I am generally pretty good at letting it go.

This is all irrelevant. You can throw your hands up, flip people off, give them the jizzing sign, whatever. BUT The moment either of you get out of the car, AKA the moment one person opens their door, and steps out, that person fucked up.

It's as black and white as that. Mistakes happen, people can be assholes, etc. BUT the moment you get out of your car, you are instantaneously the moron in that situation.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2016, 05:28 PM   #28
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffleCopterz View Post
What's the law for when somebody takes out a baseball bat to threaten you in traffic?
You'd have to be able to show/testify to an actual threat, or be to articulate how a threat was made. Section 264.1 of the Criminal Code.

Spoiler!

Quote:
If they hit your car and there's minor damage but the rest of the time they are using it to just scare you
Mischief for hitting/damaging your car. Section 430 of the Criminal Code.
Spoiler!

How are they using it to scare you? See Section 264.1 again.

Quote:
If they push you repeatedly but you just wait for the police to come
Assault. Section 265 of the Criminal Code.
Spoiler!

Quote:
In my situation, I decided not to turn left on a yellow after a 2nd car and this guy comes out to threaten me.
How did he threaten you? See Section 264.1.

Quote:
The cops said nothing will happen and will not take this to court...
With the details you gave him, its quite possible that was the correct answer. Its also possible that more could be done, legally speaking.

Quote:
I came out of the car when I saw him coming at me with the bat and he just started waving it until he saw me get on the phone.
You shouldn't have gotten out of the car. Waving around a bat, with no other context or detail, isn't going to amount to much of anything.

Quote:
he honked at me multiple times and I gave him the finger.
Don't be a prick and people won't react.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo

Last edited by sho_bc; 02-03-2016 at 04:27 AM.
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 08:01 AM   #29
I subscribe to Revscene

funny how a finger would set someone off to that extent.

*receives finger*
"oh hell no. fuck ME? ALDFJADLKEFILSDLF WHERES MY BAT?!"
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-04-2016, 12:56 PM   #30
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Next time, don't get out of your car. Sit in your car with your phone recording how stupid he looks, then post it on Youtube.

If he hits your car, make the next left turn, pull over and follow behind him until he gets home. Now you have all the information you need on this dude and you can torment him whenever you're in a bad mood. Pop his tires, egg his house, and my favorite, dump paint on his car.

With that said, I think the cop just didn't want to deal with it so he told you to move along. Proper procedure would be to ask if you want to press charges, etc. To escalate the situation, just tell the cop that he hit you with the bat. Any form of contact with his weapon is considered assault so it doesn't have to be hard.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-04-2016, 01:40 PM   #31
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,161 Times in 301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
To escalate the situation, just tell the cop that he hit you with the bat. Any form of contact with his weapon is considered assault so it doesn't have to be hard.
Just no. Want to escalate the situation? Fight back. When you want help from the police, don't break the law yourself
Quote:
Public mischief

140 (1) Every one commits public mischief who, with intent to mislead, causes a peace officer to enter on or continue an investigation by

(a) making a false statement that accuses some other person of having committed an offence;

(b) doing anything intended to cause some other person to be suspected of having committed an offence that the other person has not committed, or to divert suspicion from himself;

(c) reporting that an offence has been committed when it has not been committed; or

(d) reporting or in any other way making it known or causing it to be made known that he or some other person has died when he or that other person has not died.
Marginal note:Punishment

(2) Every one who commits public mischief

(a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years; or

(b) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 11:26 PM   #32
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSupa View Post
If they wave around a bat infront of you intimidating you, that's assault.
If they damage your car with the bat, that's vandalism.
If they hit you with the bat, thats battery (no pun intended).

Assault would be the hardest to prove unless if you had video evidence or witnesses.
You did good in 393 i bet
sim-911 is offline   Reply With Quote