REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-03-2016, 09:48 PM   #51
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Sienna might not be a bad choice

Advertisement
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-05-2016, 07:17 PM   #52
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Thanked 1,166 Times in 111 Posts
In a similar situation,

Driving a 2nd gen IS250 right now and looking to switch. Personally, I'm looking into the 2016 GTIs (probably wait till some used 2016s pop up). Updated navi and tech things that make it a lot better. Plus its always nice to get a new/practically new car.

Side note: I'd be careful about the S4, I was looking into an S4 as well, but my coworker bought a used 2012 or 2013 S4 from a Capilano Audi and had to take it in for issues with transmission and engine problems 3-4 times in the first year. His experience steered me away from used audis.
dmak4 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-05-2016, 07:40 PM   #53
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorn View Post
Main criteria is:
4 doors
Auto
Decently luxurious (navi, backup camera etc)
Doesn't have to be fast, but > 280 hp preferred
Somewhat reliable
Probably less than 50k km would be nice
RWD/FWD/AWD - doesn't really matter.

2nd gen IS350 - design a bit dated, but might consider

Check all the box. It's a simple car. Plenty fast. Solid daily driver. Throw the leftover 10-15k in the investment fund or the bank.

I would suggest the ISF but you don't need the extra 135hp and handling capability for anything. Don't think your gf/wife would care.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-05-2016, 10:00 PM   #54
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Those Vans needed 22's.
E-SPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 12:06 AM   #55
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,070 Times in 229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
Check all the box. It's a simple car. Plenty fast. Solid daily driver. Throw the leftover 10-15k in the investment fund or the bank.

I would suggest the ISF but you don't need the extra 135hp and handling capability for anything. Don't think your gf/wife would care.
I took a look at what's on the market right now and doesn't look like much. Best one I could find was this: Used 2012 Lexus IS 350 For Sale | North Vancouver BC

KMs are a bit high.. and it's not as cheap as I thought it would be. probably will take a look anyway.
Shorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 06:36 AM   #56
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Does your SO not care about comfort/room/height of the car? IS350 is plenty fast but does she really care or will she even enjoy such amount of power? Or is it just more for you? I've looked into IS in the past and while it's fast, it's seriously lacking on other areas. My wife is average height Asian and even her head touches ceiling when sitting at the backseat.

I'd just suggest something less powerful SUV that's comfortable to drive and provide utility for when you need it down the road. The joy of power wears out so quickly especially when it's automatic. No offense but some suggestions made here are terrible lol.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 09:55 AM   #57
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,505 Times in 4,309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flagella View Post
Does your SO not care about comfort/room/height of the car? IS350 is plenty fast but does she really care or will she even enjoy such amount of power? Or is it just more for you? I've looked into IS in the past and while it's fast, it's seriously lacking on other areas. My wife is average height Asian and even her head touches ceiling when sitting at the backseat.
Did you look at both the 1st and 2nd generation IS350s? I had highly considered the first generation IS250 and while it drove "okay" for the most part, there were so many more areas in which the car lacked, especially the back seats.

I did not look at the 2nd generation as there were no manuals version on the market (at the time) so hopefully Lexus improved them. I'll likely consider looking at the 2nd generation IS250/350 as my next car despite how much I hated the 1st generation. In the end, it's the fact that it's more than fast and nice enough to make it a good, reliable, and civilized daily driver.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 08:25 PM   #58
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
shorn,

2008 lexus isf

"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-21-2016, 08:31 PM   #59
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
another one, but outside your price range (no picture)

2011 Lexus IS-F | Private Sale** - $46900 http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/cto/5435900135.html

2011 Lexus ISF Luxury Sport Sedan with 416 horsepower - Like NEW!

- Local Vancouver car
- No Accident
- No Claim
- Black Exterior / Fuji White Interior
- Low 54,000 km (only 13k/yr)
- Fully Loaded
- Navigation
- Parking Sensors
- Rearview Camera
- Rain Sensing Wipers
- Memory Seats
- Heated Seats
- Keyless Entry (keep key in pocket)
- All-weather Floor mats
- Automatic with Paddle Shifter
- Good on gas 13L/100km (just like BMW 335i - 6 cylinder) and this has 8 cylinder
- Japanese super car with reliability and cheap to maintain, unlike European cars

Private sale and save on tax. Leave number with your email. Local cash deal only. No paypal, no shipping.

call or text:
☎ (778) 775-8466
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds

Last edited by thumper; 02-22-2016 at 04:21 AM.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 09:44 PM   #60
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 302 Posts
which car did you eventually decide on? pretty much in the same boat right now
tomatogunk is offline   Reply With Quote