REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-11-2016, 11:14 AM   #1
I don't get it

Question about ICBC Claim

I have a few questions in regards to filing an ICBC Claim.. and what extra services / or and IF they can provide this

-Long story short, I damaged my roof , including " shark fin , by backing into my garage while the door was still opening up ( meaning the door wasn't fully done opening..
-My car has 20% tint and it is fairly dark at it was late at night, I also worked a 14 hour shift so my body/brain was exhausted.

The roof got scratched and a little bit of a dent, this isn't visible and I consider it not a big deal, however my ' shark fin' has just been tapped back on since, I will post a picture of the damage later on, but am curious as to the process of filing a claim..

If I was to file a claim, I am aware it could potentially increase my insurance premium rates, and I am also aware that I can select a ICBC certified body shop to repair this..

Given the back story, I understand the damage will be repaired if taken into a body shop but I am mostly wondering if , during the process of repairing my roof, do body shops also fix mis-placed bumpers, which include missing bolts, the plastic back covering not properly fitted?

If they won't do this, I am wondering if there are any local Revscene sponsors who could provide such a service like this?
I have the missing bolts + screws, but I am too afraid to attempt doing it myself as I made the mistake to install FOG lights myself (trial/error) and my bumper being out of place has bothered me for quiet some time..

If you have any in-sights to share, anything would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

*edit I will provide pictures this evening for those who don't quiet understand what I am trying to explain, currently trapped in the office
Advertisement

Last edited by swiftshift; 02-11-2016 at 11:19 AM.
swiftshift is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-11-2016, 11:30 AM   #2
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
If you have an ICBC claim for your car's roof, the body shop will do repairs on your car's roof. Any other repairs to other parts of the car will be handled outside the ICBC claim. You will need to pay for the shop for the repairs or if it is a minor issue, the shop may fix it out of good will.
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-11-2016, 11:45 AM   #3
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,110 Times in 602 Posts
also,if you're ok with the roof being slightly dented already you could save yourself the deductible and DIY a replacement antenna.
There's a thread in the IS forums on how to do it.
mk1freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 12:21 PM   #4
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMASA View Post
If you have an ICBC claim for your car's roof, the body shop will do repairs on your car's roof. Any other repairs to other parts of the car will be handled outside the ICBC claim. You will need to pay for the shop for the repairs or if it is a minor issue, the shop may fix it out of good will.
Thanks for this!
The " out of good will " part was basically what I was wondering, if some body shops will provide this service..
I will definitely ask if this goes through and see if they will or will not.. if not I will search around to see if there are any local /small shops who would be willing to take on this task

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk1freak View Post
also,if you're ok with the roof being slightly dented already you could save yourself the deductible and DIY a replacement antenna.
There's a thread in the IS forums on how to do it.
Thanks for this info,yes its slightly dented.. but the paint is scratched a long 9-11inch white scratch is there as well which is why I wanted to get this fixed...
But will do, I will lurk on IS forums..
Haven't taken the time to visit as I've just started to recently started to care and appreciate my daily driver more
Old 02-11-2016, 12:35 PM   #5
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

It's probably cheaper just to pay for the fix, rather than have your premiums go up
Past:'06 Civic Si
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 12:38 PM   #6
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejays View Post
It's probably cheaper just to pay for the fix, rather than have your premiums go up
I know not providing a picture doesn't really help but I will post one later this evening..
If I was to pay for it out-right does anyone have an estimate?
The dent isn't immensely terrible, however there is a long white scratch 0.02 cm deep which runs about 9-11 inches long.. also the Shark Fin ( antenna ), is taped on ..
Old 02-11-2016, 05:38 PM   #7
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
take it to a shop and get an estimate, guess what, its free lol

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 09:04 PM   #8
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 3,177 Times in 621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftshift View Post
I know not providing a picture doesn't really help but I will post one later this evening..
If I was to pay for it out-right does anyone have an estimate?
The dent isn't immensely terrible, however there is a long white scratch 0.02 cm deep which runs about 9-11 inches long.. also the Shark Fin ( antenna ), is taped on ..
Probably just a repaint of the roof + new antenna. Should be less than the amount that your insurance goes up by (Unless if you have 43% gold star). If I had to guess, I'd say around 1.5k-2k? But you should take it to a shop for a proper estimate, since I don't even have any pictures to go by, lol.

Same thing recently happened to a friend of mine, except the garage door smashed their rear windshield including the wipers + motors for the wiper. No paint damage, total came to $2000 or something.

-2018 BMW F30 340i M Performance Edition - Current
-2016 BMW F32 435i MPPK - Traded
-2011 BMW E92 335i - SOLD
-2009 Chrysler Sebring Convertible - SOLD
xXSupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:59 AM   #9
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSupa View Post
Probably just a repaint of the roof + new antenna. Should be less than the amount that your insurance goes up by (Unless if you have 43% gold star). If I had to guess, I'd say around 1.5k-2k? But you should take it to a shop for a proper estimate, since I don't even have any pictures to go by, lol.

Same thing recently happened to a friend of mine, except the garage door smashed their rear windshield including the wipers + motors for the wiper. No paint damage, total came to $2000 or something.
Thanks sharing, I appreciate this useful information..
Definitely something to look into this weekend.. and figure out whats the best option for myself.

Last edited by swiftshift; 04-21-2016 at 03:46 PM.
Old 02-16-2016, 03:05 PM   #10
I don't get it

EDIT: finally posted pic!
That's pretty much it.. wanted to see if anyone would be able to take that on and get my bumper properly fitted with all the bolts + screws
Old 02-16-2016, 06:48 PM   #11
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSupa View Post
Should be less than the amount that your insurance goes up by (Unless if you have 43% gold star).
There's no such thing as GoldStar. There's a value package called RoadStar (and Roadside Plus) but those have nothing to do with premiums discounts or the OP's situation.

Great value packages

OP, get a couple of estimates, average it out and then calculate how much your premiums will go up vs. paying out of pocket.

Keep in mind, the CRS only tells you your discount on basic coverage. The further down the scale you are, the more discount you get on optional coverage, even though the max discount for basic is 43%.

Also, say you're on CRS (-8) and you put your claim in, not only do you go from 40% discount to 15% but in the amount of time it takes you to get back to 40%, you could be at CRS (-13), 43% discount on basic and more on optional, had to paid out of pocket. Just something to factor into your calculations.

http://www.icbc.com/autoplan/costs/Documents/crs.pdf

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote