REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-04-2016, 09:25 PM   #51
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamhead View Post
dont know why you gave up the nissan rogue. i got one and its great for what i need it for.

roomy, functional, awd, easy to use, good on gas, decent driving dynamics (has the active trace control like torque vectoring, so turns great)

as for power on the rogue, it is not great, but its not a sports car, its a suv. i keep up with bigger cars fine, just set the cruise and leave it. so what if the engine revs high on highways in the rockies to keep up on hills or what not, thats what an engine is made for
the rogue comes with a cvt... might as well give up on life.
Advertisement
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-05-2016, 01:25 AM   #52
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Try looking at 05-09 legacy gt wagon or outback xt wagon in 5mt. Still a very basic, analog car, especially in the lower trims. They are basically a larger wrx with sti 2.5 instead of the wrx 2.0. Lots of things from the gd and gr/gv bolt up to it. They drive ok stock. Won't be as engaging as a BMW for sure but there is enough aftermarket support to fix that if one so chooses. People on forums make a big fuss about how these things blow turbos and eat itself. Mine is coming up on 270k on the original turbos with zero shaft play and the chassis feels a lot more solid than my e46 m3 with 160k and my e39 m5 with 250k.
toyota86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 09:02 AM   #53
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,996 Times in 1,902 Posts
Have you ever considered this unicorn ... unfortunately, you'd have to import it from US, a bit of work but can still be done personally (don't need importer). If only they had this in Canada it might just have everything you're looking for.

*** 2011 Acura TSX Sport Wagon w/Tech 4dr Sport Wagon w/Technology Package ***

whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-24-2016, 10:35 PM   #54
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,126 Posts
Thread bump.

Well, it looks like another one is on the way, so this put my search for a newer car into high gear. After going over our budget and our needs, we ended up with a stripper model Mark VI Golf Wagon with the 2.5 engine. After test driving another example, I was pleased with the quiet cabin and the solidity of the chassis. My wife took it for a spin around the block and she finally understood what all the fuss of German-engineered cars is about. The backseat fit a rear-facing convertible car seat with enough room for my legs in the driver's seat. We were sold.

We take it home next week. It'll be the first VW for me, so hopefully, no exploding coil packs or broken window regulators.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote