REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 12-15-2016, 07:31 PM   #376
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
sometimes the phone will display SD Card not supported than other times it works.

is that a common issue?
Advertisement

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 09:33 PM   #377
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
There's more plastic than rubber on the UB, so it doesn't get stuck in my pocket as easily as the Otter. Plus it's just a little bit smaller.

I'll take a look at that one.
But the beetle is not a bad case at all. It has a good balance between mobility and protection. I'm a case whore apparently, so the UAG might go on order later today.
no way you're more of a case whore than i am. i've bought a total of seven cases so far for my S7. two of them i've given away already because i haven't been using them. lol.

crap. was just browsing amazon and i think i've found another one i'd like. GREAT!
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-16-2016, 05:01 AM   #378
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koflach View Post
https://www.spigen.com/collections/g...nt=11972953985

This is the case i have on mine and i love it. The kickstand on it ended up breaking but I glued it in place, it doesn't move anymore but it looks better than a hole in the case.
I have essentially the same case for my S6 (mine is in all black)

I dropped my phone on the escalator and landed on the bottom right corner of my phone. Zero damage to my phone and you can barely see any marks on the case.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-16-2016, 07:05 AM   #379
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
I have a Ghostek Atomic 2.0 coming for my edge.. will let you guys know how it is.. suppose to be one of the protection.. saw reviews of people throwing it and no damage to the phone...
Old 12-28-2016, 11:36 AM   #380
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
I'm contemplating this phone right now

How do you guys deal with storage? My biggest gripe is the lack of adoptable storage.
Can i move any app to micro sd? ie. spotify with my shit ton of downloaded playlists?
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 11:44 AM   #381
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,736 Times in 813 Posts
Since i hated using a glass screen or Otterbox's shitty plastic screen, and since the Otterbox doesnt work properly without either of them (side buttons will not engage properly) i've switched to a Mophie. Lets see how this goes.
Old 12-29-2016, 10:19 PM   #382

Lol S7's are being cleared out at Costco
$599.97

I might just pick one up...can't go wrong with that price.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
Old 12-29-2016, 10:52 PM   #383
degenerate extraordinaire

what?? I don't see it on the website!
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 12:26 AM   #384
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikkaku View Post
what?? I don't see it on the website!
Check out this thread.
[Costco] Galaxy S7 $599.97 Factory Unlocked In-Store - RedFlagDeals.com Forums
sunny_j is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-30-2016, 10:17 AM   #385

quick question for people who bought their phones from the Samsung store in metrotown,

can any of you confirm that the phone did come with two unlock codes in the box?
Old 12-30-2016, 10:42 AM   #386
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
Lol S7's are being cleared out at Costco
$599.97

I might just pick one up...can't go wrong with that price.
Has anyone gone to the Richmond Costco to see if they have this deal or not?
Tr1ll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 11:34 AM   #387

Confirmed at Langley Costco and Burnaby Costco afaik

it should be at the other Costco's that carried the titanium one...just call em and ask to confirm?
Old 01-02-2017, 10:01 AM   #388
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
quick question for people who bought their phones from the Samsung store in metrotown,

can any of you confirm that the phone did come with two unlock codes in the box?
No unlock codes in my box, the phone came unlocked. Even after I inserted my Virgin Mobile sim I was able to use my brothers Fido sim.
Arirang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 10:27 AM   #389
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Quote:

I bought mine from the Richmond one but I figure they're probably all the same.

Mine only came with one. It's on a sticker on the box. I'm pretty sure unlock codes are tied to IMEI so if you're looking to use the unlock code on another device, it most likely won't work.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 01:18 AM   #390
I'm being watched.

Quote:

it should have only one unlock code
essel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:37 AM   #391
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
I called Samsung about an unlock code, and they said it was up to the carrier as to whether or not they want to release the unlock code that is specific to my phone. So I called Rogers, and the call was more like asking a girl for a 3some. They wanted to know why I wanted to unlock it, then reminded me that they have the best network, etc. Terrible customer service, but I didn't get a code so I guess they won?

Anyway, one code, one phone.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 05:35 PM   #392
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
^
U should have told them that your traveling soon to asia for and I need the code

Has anyone experience over heat problems? I don't know why but I woke up this morning I unplugged my phone and it felt really hot

Battery seems to drain out fast to today

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2017, 08:32 PM   #393
My homepage has been set to RS

has anyone with the edge get the nougat update yet??
Old 01-24-2017, 10:21 PM   #394
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff19 View Post
has anyone with the edge get the nougat update yet??
no u dickweed
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-24-2017, 11:01 PM   #395
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
I called Samsung about an unlock code, and they said it was up to the carrier as to whether or not they want to release the unlock code that is specific to my phone. So I called Rogers, and the call was more like asking a girl for a 3some. They wanted to know why I wanted to unlock it, then reminded me that they have the best network, etc. Terrible customer service, but I didn't get a code so I guess they won?

Anyway, one code, one phone.
LOL you just don't know how to work with customer service. If you do you basically would get that code. Call them again. Just tell them what you need the code for is your own personal business and they don't need to know. Take down the rep's name and ID and if they don't want to give it ask them to transfer to someone who will. Report this info on Roger's FB page and tw. You will get your code pretty quickly.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 09:16 PM   #396
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Lol Rogers. Bell let you unlock with 50 bucks via a web service, no question asked.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 08:17 PM   #397
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
So those of you who still have the s7, how is it doing? Mines okay but damn am I ever experiencing that so called "Samsung lag". It's so frustrating because this phone was always blazing fast but now after a solid year of using it, that damn lag has developed. This is honestly the main thing keeping me away from buying the S8.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 11:38 PM   #398
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gucci Mane View Post
So those of you who still have the s7, how is it doing? Mines okay but damn am I ever experiencing that so called "Samsung lag". It's so frustrating because this phone was always blazing fast but now after a solid year of using it, that damn lag has developed. This is honestly the main thing keeping me away from buying the S8.
Battery life decline. Always have to carry power bank if I intend to use the phone heavily. Won't last a day anymore lol.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:54 AM   #399
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Battery life decline. Always have to carry power bank if I intend to use the phone heavily. Won't last a day anymore lol.
I found the same thing with my S7, but I use it all day long.
At least the new software allows you to shut down parasitic apps.

My Iphone 7+ is on order from Rogers. I was debating on the S8 edge, but it may be in my best interest to see what Apple has to offer. It's been a few years since I've had one of their phones.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:04 AM   #400
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Yeah, my S7 sucks up battery pretty quickly now too after having owned it for about a year. I had it charged at 100% at 6pm last night, and come 11PM, it was down to almost 50%. 10% per hour drop seems a little excessive for fairly light usage. (occasional email check and a couple of Google searches)

I've heard doing a cache partition wipe may help with slowness and battery drain if you want to try that. I wiped mine about a month and a bit ago and initially it looked like it helped but seems to be back to it's old self again after a month.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote