REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 02-28-2016, 02:31 PM   #1
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Question for my Nexus 5X phone

Anyone know where I can pick up micro USB to USB Type C adapter ? So I can fully utilize my existing cable.

Please kindly advise.
Advertisement
Old 02-28-2016, 02:37 PM   #2
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
You're better off getting new type-C cables.

But if you're buying adapters, make sure they were approved by Benson. A lot of bad adapters and cables out there. One cable killed his Pixel C.

https://plus.google.com/+BensonLeung/posts

And here is a spreadsheet (not sure if this is maintained by Benson himself) - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...zbA/edit#gid=0
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 02:40 PM   #3

thanks for your prompt reply, Razor but the problem is that if I am using the new type C cable, it will not be compatible with my current car charger and my Windows Computer USB slots are not compatible for type C.

Now all I can do is to use the wall charger from Nexus 5X with the USB type C to charge the phone in the mean time.

Please advise what should I do.
Old 02-28-2016, 02:47 PM   #4
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
I would buy two cables, one each for car and home use.

Anker USB-C to USB 3.0 Cable (3.3ft) for USB Type-C Devices Including the new MacBook, ChromeBook Pixel, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Nokia N1 Tablet, OnePlus 2 and More: Amazon.ca: Cell Phones & Accessories

Anker cables are some of the best in the business and these ones in particular adhere to USB-C specifications and won't blow up your phone.

They should work with your existing car charger.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 02:57 PM   #5

Thanks for your info. Just ordered 2 from amazon.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
I would buy two cables, one each for car and home use.

Anker USB-C to USB 3.0 Cable (3.3ft) for USB Type-C Devices Including the new MacBook, ChromeBook Pixel, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Nokia N1 Tablet, OnePlus 2 and More: Amazon.ca: Cell Phones & Accessories

Anker cables are some of the best in the business and these ones in particular adhere to USB-C specifications and won't blow up your phone.

They should work with your existing car charger.