REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Justin Bieber Tickets SCAMMER (https://www.revscene.net/forums/708074-justin-bieber-tickets-scammer.html)

Acura604 03-14-2016 06:38 AM

Justin Bieber Tickets SCAMMER

....this making the rounds on Facebook AND the local news... pic of scammer posted.

I didn't get scammed lol... just posting... someones gotta know him.

http://i.imgur.com/Nofgrtb.jpg

Vancouver Beliebers speak out over rampant ticket fraud | Globalnews.ca

The teenage girls who helped a 15-year-old who flew from Brazil to see Justin Bieber in Vancouver, only to discover her ticket was a fake, say they also bought fake tickets for Friday’s show.
“I was bawling my eyes out,” said Anna Haebler-Singer, recounting the moment the ticket scanner at Rogers Arena wouldn’t accept her ticket. “They looked really real.”

“It didn’t set in for me at first,” said Annie Flintofft. “I was like ‘is this actually happening?'”

The two girls then ran into Maria Falcao, whose despair at finding out her $600 ticket was fake quickly went viral.

Haebler-Singer and Flintofft didn’t know that thousands of Beliebers were already voicing their hope Falcao could get a ticket – but they felt compelled to help, giving her $90 so she could afford to get in.

“We couldn’t even afford one ticket for one of us, so we thought we’d rather help this girl get in. There will be other concerts,” said Flintofft.

“No one was around her, she was in this country she doesn’t even know, and her friends had real tickets and went inside, so she was alone,” said Haebler-Singer.

“We’re going to have other opportunities to see him.”

One alleged scammer let victim take photos of him

“There was like a billion people so upset. Girls had makeup running down their face. It looked like they stepped out of a horror movie,” said Amber Sekhon, describing the scene outside Rogers Arena yesterday, as person after person discovered their Bieber tickets were fake.

Sekhon says that on Friday, she and her friend saw a man selling Beiber tickets to other girls inside Oakridge Mall.
They approached him, looking to do the same. After asking to see his ID and copies of the tickets, they paid $150 each – and Sekhon thought she had a foolproof plan to ensure she wasn’t being scammed.

“The tickets felt real and looked real…but I told him ‘if they’re fake, can I take a picture of you, and put them online?'” she said.

“He laughed, so I was really relieved.”

But when she got to the front of the line yesterday, Sekhon found out the tickets were fake.

“We find out that they were fake and at that point, I took out the picture of the guy that I took and I said ‘this guy is not OK’ and I posted him on Facebook.”

The photo Sekhon posted has already been shared over a thousand times, and Global News has spoken with three other victims alleging they too purchased tickets from the same individual.

“If he’s scammed people before, and he’s doing it again, then it means the consequences before weren’t enough for him,” said Sekhon.

A complaint was made to the Vancouver Police Department, though Sgt. Randy Fincham says this story is all too common.

“We see fraudulent tickets in relation to the majority of large scale events that take place in the city. This is not limited to one particular artist or event,” he wrote in a statement.

“Buyers should be careful when purchasing tickets from resale sites, and always obtain valid identification from the seller so they have some recourse, should the tickets be invalid.”

Hondaracer 03-14-2016 06:58 AM

Fly from Brazil to see beiber

But tickets from random scalper

flagella 03-14-2016 07:17 AM

That hairstyle makes me sick.

tiger_handheld 03-14-2016 07:22 AM

Buddy is probably a regular at Boys Co. .... just look at his attire.

Noir 03-14-2016 07:22 AM

This guy seems to have run the scam on quite a few. Here's another:

https://www.facebook.com/sarah.stree...nf&pnref=story

Mr.HappySilp 03-14-2016 07:49 AM

beiber's concert is already a scam.......

*waits for all the fails coming my way now*

smoothie. 03-14-2016 08:01 AM

the problem lies with ticketmaster and how tickets are sold to those online flipping sites and to scalpers instead of potential attendees.

Stealthy 03-14-2016 08:35 AM

so is it too late now to say sorry?

swiftshift 03-14-2016 08:43 AM

Are there even any consequences for people whom do things such as this?
Craigslist terms and policies are " buyer beware ", so based on the article

A complaint was made to the Vancouver Police Department, though Sgt. Randy Fincham says this story is all too common.
“We see fraudulent tickets in relation to the majority of large scale events that take place in the city. This is not limited to one particular artist or event,” he wrote in a statement.
“Buyers should be careful when purchasing tickets from resale sites, and always obtain valid identification from the seller so they have some recourse, should the tickets be invalid.”

Seem's like its a regular occurrence for large scale events and there is not real punishment for people who do this..

pastarocket 03-14-2016 08:51 AM

This scammer is not a Belieber. His motto is "Love Yourself". :troll:

If those Brazilian girls have this Scamthony's name and phone number, it would certainly help the cops in finding this guy.

I wonder if he is related to Anthony Espinosa? :lawl:

Stormspirit 03-14-2016 09:06 AM

Justin bieber tickets were sold out almost instantly. Easy ticket scam targets.

This guy makes hugo boss look bad.

bluejays 03-14-2016 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormspirit (Post 8737489)
Justin bieber tickets were sold out almost instantly. Easy ticket scam targets.

This guy makes hugo boss look bad.

Really? I would have thought the Nazi party would have made Hugo Boss look bad, but I can see how this guy comes close.

dat_steve 03-14-2016 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flagella (Post 8737448)
That hairstyle makes me sick.

Seriously.

(2016)
Barber: What you want?
Buddy: Whatever the last guy had.
Barber: Gotchu fam.
Next guy: Whatever the last guy had.
(2003)
Barber: What you want?
OG Buddy: something that will match my fanny pack.

Verdasco 03-14-2016 09:57 AM

i seriously think asians cant get a good faux hawk , his cut is not even a faux hawk, i dont know what it is.... and its 2016

his face and attire screams out "punch me on the face"

inb4 online keyboard warrior

jeedee 03-14-2016 10:30 AM

nammer scammer #NamScammed

Liquid_o2 03-14-2016 10:45 AM

Surprising that with such a high quality picture, nobody has been able to identify this guy yet.

jeedee 03-14-2016 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liquid_o2 (Post 8737536)
Surprising that with such a high quality picture, nobody has been able to identify this guy yet.

the photo has been shared 3000+ times too. Facebook feed is flooded with this guy lol

pb.kidz 03-14-2016 10:59 AM

This guy looks so familiar

Razor Ramon HG 03-14-2016 11:02 AM

Who knows, guy could be from out of town.

murd0c 03-14-2016 11:02 AM

I swear I've seen this guy before

radioman 03-14-2016 11:05 AM

EDIT: Not this guy so might as well take the link out.

One of the guys who got scammed posted;

Milton Yet - Chow Ng The police know who he is. They collecting evidence, 13 files with this guy plus more coming in. He's fucked. Yes.

Verdasco 03-14-2016 11:08 AM

some girl posted on her facebook wall and said "ryan nguyen"

lmao , not sure if that is his real name or not

typical nammer name :lawl:

Jgresch 03-14-2016 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radioman (Post 8737552)
EDIT: Not this guy so might as well take the link out.

One of the guys who got scammed posted;

Milton Yet - Chow Ng The police know who he is. They collecting evidence, 13 files with this guy plus more coming in. He's fucked. Yes.

Chin looks diff to me... pointy vs. flat

edit: saw you took down link, so nvm lol

pastarocket 03-14-2016 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 8737450)
This guy seems to have run the scam on quite a few. Here's another:

https://www.facebook.com/sarah.stree...nf&pnref=story

That girl got scammed with those tickets at Oakridge Centre?

The scammer probably just stepped out of the Boys Co at that mall so that he can complete the scam and then buy more shitty Hugo Boss clothes at Boys Co.. :lawl:

dat_steve 03-14-2016 12:19 PM

looks like the kind of guy who you'd sell your old deck to for $50, but would only show up with $40 and ask if that's ok.