REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/mobile-phone-tablet-chat_52/)
-   -   Fido customers w/ grandfathered 6gig ($30) plans - No data alerts before going over (https://www.revscene.net/forums/708100-fido-customers-w-grandfathered-6gig-%2430-plans-no-data-alerts-before-going-over.html)

604CEFIRO 03-17-2016 08:30 AM

My usage spikes whenever I forget to download a podcast off itunes, instead i just stream it, so when I go for a 3 hour bike ride and i'm streaming the full 3 hours... same when I'm at work in the lunch room, streaming a podcast for an hour... adds up quick!

corollagtSr5 03-19-2016 05:49 PM

The worst is when you forget to turn off your personal hotspot and you plug it into your laptop to charge. Got raped twice like that.

guurl 03-20-2016 06:48 AM

wow how do you go over 6gb you must be streaming all day LOL

i have 5gb plan but only use up to 2gb max

jeedee 03-20-2016 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp (Post 8738564)
How do you guys go over so much data? I have a 2GB plan and hardly reach 500MB on a month.

my thoughts exactly. Nowadays there's practically wifi everywhere that is connectable especially with shaw wifi go.

Blows my mind how some of you are able to go over 5GB of data while also paying $80+ for your plan :fulloffuck:

I mean can you really not wait to go home and stream your 1080p video at home on a bigger computer/tv/tablet screen versus your tiny phone screen? :lol

604CEFIRO 03-20-2016 08:49 AM

I spend 15 hours on my road bike a week, and if I'm streaming audio at least half of that time it's about 7-8 hours of data streaming per week just on riding.

Easy to go over.

The thread is about data warning messages and ways for me to avoid going over next time.

I don't think I need to justify to you all how and why I go over LOL.

jeedee 03-20-2016 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 604CEFIRO (Post 8739410)
I spend 15 hours on my road bike a week, and if I'm streaming audio at least half of that time it's about 7-8 hours of data streaming per week just on riding.

Easy to go over.

The thread is about data warning messages and ways for me to avoid going over next time.

Not possible for you download your podcasts or whatever you're listening to before you hit the road?

Thats one way for you to avoid going over next time :lol

I wasn't singling you out personally it was more of a question towards everyone on RS that spends $80+ on 6GB plans and still manage to go over their data usage lol

IMASA 03-20-2016 09:36 AM

I don't think they are obligated to give you a warning if you go over your data, but according to the CRTC Wireless Code,
The Wireless Code, simplified

3. Cap on data overage charges
A service provider must suspend data overage charges once they reach $50 within a single monthly billing cycle, unless the customer expressly consents to pay additional charges. A service provider must provide this cap at no charge.

TypeRNammer 03-20-2016 10:35 AM

After I went over on my data with my grandfathered 6gb, I said fuck it.

Switched to Koodo 5gb Manitoba plan for 48 a month before taxes