REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 03-20-2016, 11:59 AM   #1
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Window 10 issue

So I recently updated my 4 year old PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Overall the system seems to be all right but I've been having this reoccurring issue.

Ever once in a while my OS would freeze like I can't click on the start button, ctrl + alt + delt does nothing; my mouse would move but nothing it clicks on actually does anything.

I am not sure if it is a hardware issue or a software issue.

Please help
Advertisement
ewong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 05:10 PM   #2
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
was this a fresh install of windows 10 or a install on top of windows 7 kind of update?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 06:33 PM   #3
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Possibly the update did not install properly. Most likely will need to restore and upgrade again.
korroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 06:48 PM   #4
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPEC View Post
was this a fresh install of windows 10 or a install on top of windows 7 kind of update?
It was an update from Windows 7
ewong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 08:58 PM   #5
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
did you get the right graphics card driver?....i tried updating a laptop from 2013 and the AMD 3D card had nothing for it on windows 10.....downgraded back to windows 7...no sound issues,or slow downs i was having before on 10.
Old 03-21-2016, 05:56 AM   #6
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Before doing the upgrade, did the compatibility report tell you what you need to do before or after upgrading? I've upgraded many computers from Windows 7 and 8 to Windows 10. Many did not have issues, but one asked to have iTunes uninstalled, and another one asked to uninstall the sound card drivers.
I don't know how to get to the report after Windows 10 is installed.

Since you already upgraded to Windows 10, I would first try to update all of your system's drivers to latest Win10 drivers from your manufacture(s).
Reeyal is offline   Reply With Quote