REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Bombing in Belgium (https://www.revscene.net/forums/708182-bombing-belgium.html)

SumAznGuy 03-22-2016 06:54 AM

Bombing in Belgium

Happened around 6:15 am our time. So far 3 bombings, 2 at the airport and 1 in a train station.
Early suggestions is that it is in retaliation for the Brussels police force arresting many Isis people including the person thought to be the mastermind in the November Paris attacks.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/22/europe...ls-explosions/

SkinnyPupp 03-22-2016 07:14 AM

http://i.imgur.com/t1ZEZUd.png

Hondaracer 03-22-2016 07:18 AM

CloseDemBorders.net ?

SkinnyPupp 03-22-2016 07:25 AM

And people wonder why Trump gets so much attention with his more... inflammatory comments

This is probably very good for his presedential run, sadly

Nlkko 03-22-2016 07:31 AM

Fucking cunts honestly..... Years without anything and these past few months just attacks after attacks.

And yea incoming wall.

Sid Vicious 03-22-2016 08:03 AM

tbh not surprised at all, many news outlets reported how Belgium becamse a hotbed of extremism with many nations flying to and from Syria to fight.

in b4 CivicBlues + westopher accusing everyone if islamaphobia and racism

smoothie. 03-22-2016 08:11 AM

sad. rip.

pastarocket 03-22-2016 08:12 AM

RIP to the individuals killed in the bombings. :heckno:

Will we ever have peace on Earth??? :facepalm:

EmperorIS 03-22-2016 08:17 AM

Brace yourselves.....Facebook Belgium flag overlays are coming.

Verdasco 03-22-2016 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumAznGuy (Post 8739904)
Happened around 6:15 am our time. So far 3 bombings, 2 at the airport and 1 in a train station.
Early suggestions is that it is in retaliation for the Brussels police force arresting many Isis people including the person thought to be the mastermind in the November Paris attacks.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/22/europe...ls-explosions/

no way it happened around 6:15am our time, i saw this on the news at 3am PST when i woke up

it happened around 12-1am PST

Bouncing Bettys 03-22-2016 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmperorIS (Post 8739930)
Brace yourselves.....Facebook Belgium flag overlays are coming.

Brace yourselves.....Facebook German flag overlays coming because people are clueless.

JSALES 03-22-2016 08:33 AM

YVR airport has increased its security as well

Brussels attacks prompt Metro Vancouver transit, airport authorities to increase security | Globalnews.ca

CivicBlues 03-22-2016 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid Vicious (Post 8739926)
tbh not surprised at all, many news outlets reported how Belgium becamse a hotbed of extremism with many nations flying to and from Syria to fight.

in b4 CivicBlues + westopher accusing everyone if islamaphobia and racism

Excuse me? I think you have me confused with someone else. Nothing would see me happier than having the whole lot of them taken out back and exterminated (the extremists that is)

But Fuck You anyways

nubtub 03-22-2016 08:41 AM

Things seemed to have calmed down but ISIS has claimed responsibility. The interesting thing I have noticed is the amount of people the news outlets are interviewing and they all seem to be saying something along the lines of expecting an attack.

Sid Vicious 03-22-2016 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nubtub (Post 8739945)
Things seemed to have calmed down but ISIS has claimed responsibility. The interesting thing I have noticed is the amount of people the news outlets are interviewing and they all seem to be saying something along the lines of expecting an attack.

this article was posted in nov 17, 2015

How tiny Belgium became an extremist hotbed

sonick 03-22-2016 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nubtub (Post 8739945)

They recently caught the remaining surviving planners behind the Paris attacks last week, and he had said they were in the midst of planning something. Unfortunately they couldn't stop it, RIP.

Hondaracer 03-22-2016 09:34 AM

"It's time for Europe to understand where the genuine threat is coming from and join efforts with Russia.” — Prominent Russian lawmaker Alexei Pushkov.

While Russia obviously has their own interests in mind, bombing the fuck out of anywhere that is even thought to harbour Isis etc is all good with me.

Mr.HappySilp 03-22-2016 09:48 AM

LOL skytrain also have their security tighten. But what can they do. i mean I could hide a bomb in my backpack and I bet I can get on the skytrian just fine. With so many people carrying backpack it doesn't do much. That's why sometimes I think China's security works.

You put all of your bags through an X-ray machine before you are allow to enter the subway/train station. Not just backpack but bags anything that you carry, even with liquid they make you drink it front of them first. Might seem strict but it helps to prevent bombing to their subway line.

originalhypa 03-22-2016 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastarocket (Post 8739929)

We have never, and will never see a long period of peace.
From the Sumarians, to the Greeks fighting the invading Persians, to the Romans and their 800 years of rule, to the Mongols who beat them. History is built upon destruction, and the spoils of war. Gold, land, people are all assets to an invading army. The temptation to further one's people is just too strong.

Traum 03-22-2016 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp (Post 8739956)
You put all of your bags through an X-ray machine before you are allow to enter the subway/train station. Not just backpack but bags anything that you carry, even with liquid they make you drink it front of them first. Might seem strict but it helps to prevent bombing to their subway line.

You know, the quality of these checks and inspections are only as good as the people doing the screening. From my experience, it seems to me that a lot of the Mainland Chinese subway security screening are only being done for the sake of appearing to be doing something. Esp with the crazy volume they go through, 1/2 the time it seems to me that the guy isn't even paying that much attention to the X-rayed contents.

Also, it seems to me that some media have been gradually shifting away from the terms "ISIS" / "ISIL" / "IS", and are using "Daesh" instead. Apparently it is a term the terrorist group dislikes, and removing "State" from their name is supposed to mean it gives the group less legitimacy? :badpokerface:

CharlesInCharge 03-22-2016 10:59 AM

Why isnt the primary suspect isreal... with all these false flags, it was like a decade ago that Mossad agents were caught with truck bombs wearing Arabic garb on 911.

CRS 03-22-2016 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge (Post 8739983)
Why isnt the primary suspect isreal... with all these false flags, it was like a decade ago that Mossad agents were caught with truck bombs wearing Arabic garb on 911.

You've been banned from this thread.

Eastwood 03-22-2016 11:13 AM

Religion of Peace

320icar 03-22-2016 11:17 AM

Put the word religion next to the word peace..... Yeah that doesn't work mate

ZN6 03-22-2016 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastarocket (Post 8739929)

Sniper said it best: "'Long as there's two people left on the planet, someone is gonna want someone dead."

Sad but grimly true.