REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-26-2016, 05:36 AM   #1
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

To Serve and NOT Protect

Came across this video captioned "Canadian citizens take down man with gun while female officer runs away screaming"

One of the most embarrassing things I've ever witnessed and I'm speechless..

Reminded me of this
Spoiler!
Advertisement
NotRevSeen is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-26-2016, 05:40 AM   #2
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
a better question is how she passed the physical

nice to know taxpayer money is funding her krispy kreme habit
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 07:12 AM   #3
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Holy shit that fat pig wtf??? Please tell me that bitch is not police but just some random security guard from paladin or something.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 10:51 AM   #4
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

You need to check your skinny male privilege
freelunch is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-26-2016, 06:21 PM   #5
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Paula Blart?

Ghostbusters gets a femle recast, now this.
Old 03-27-2016, 12:43 AM   #6
I bringith the lowerballerith

Just disappointing to see that officer to say the least.
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 07:38 AM   #7
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Its embarrassing but cant force them to exercise on their time off. How do they enforce a fitness level? What if they have a condition that causes them to be obese? Cant fire them, police unions would protest.

Put it in their contract before signing them on? some areas already have a hard time recruiting good officers.
Anjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 10:12 AM   #8
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
the comments ended up getting disabled
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 01:29 PM   #9
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjew View Post
Its embarrassing but cant force them to exercise on their time off. How do they enforce a fitness level? What if they have a condition that causes them to be obese? Cant fire them, police unions would protest.

Put it in their contract before signing them on? some areas already have a hard time recruiting good officers.
you do have to complete a fitness test before getting hired, i think they have to retake it every few years as well.

they had it set up for the auxiliaries at the YMCA. they let me run it and it was not easy even for a pretty fit guy like myself.
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 01:40 PM   #10

Shouldn't even have to resort to a evaluation. If you choose to become a police officer, you should hold yourself to a higher standard inherently.

It's disgusting to see such people become police officers only to result in this type of reaction when they are actually required to perform their job and duty. Her weight and reaction as a police officer is just pure selfishness.

Even if we give her the "shes only human" benefit of doubt, which police training is all about overcoming, we should now expect her to change roles, revamp, or even resign.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-27-2016, 02:49 PM   #11
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
While I agree she's over weight, that has nothing to do with her running away from the situation.

She was probably going to take cover behind the car and draw her firearm, had the suspect broke free from the two civilians.

That being said, yes she's fat. Yes she ran away like a bitch.
cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-27-2016, 04:58 PM   #12

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Geeknerd nailed it. Policing is a job where a certain fitness level is inherently a requirement, for the officers own safety, the safety of those they work with, and the public which they are sworn to defend.

Quote:
How do they enforce a fitness level?
I know there is a physical test you have to pass to become an officer, and someone else mentioned that it is run after you are hired as well. At the end of the day it's a requirement to do the job, it's like becoming a warehouse attendant or something where you clearly have to lift boxes and not being capable, you can easily be ousted.

A fire fighter is another example, your fitness level directly affects your ability to do your job, and not being able to do your job makes you a liability to those around you.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 10:04 PM   #13
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I know about the tests before being hired... the question is enforcing it AFTER they are hired.
Anjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 10:23 PM   #14
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,065 Times in 1,251 Posts
maybe she was running to get the bean bag gun to avoid the video below... anyhow, she can still run with gear

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 07:02 PM   #15

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
I know about the tests before being hired... the question is enforcing it AFTER they are hired.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminG View Post
i think they have to retake it every few years as well.
I know this is correct for firefighters, I assume it is correct for PO's as well.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 08:15 PM   #16
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,818 Times in 3,901 Posts
ah, the internet
it's easy to armchair quarterback
yes I agree the officer demonstrated a cowardly act and but put yourself in her shoes with adrenaline coursing through your body, in that situation are you sure you'll ALWAYS make the split second decision to possibly sacrifice your life for public safety?

I believe it's good thing camera phones make policemen/women more accountable...but they def have a tough job. Can you imagine your customer/client or bystander whipping out their phones and record you at every interaction they have with you at work and if you make a slip up it'll be posted on social media? I assume not everyone's perfect at their job, but hey good luck if you end up going viral on Vancity Buzz!

Last edited by twitchyzero; 03-29-2016 at 08:26 PM.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 08:31 PM   #17
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
As a police officer, she signed up for putting herself into potentially dangerous situations for the greater good of society. We may as well not have police if they're going to run away screaming and let civilians attempt to restrain and disarm weapon-wielding criminals.

I don't have to make that decision, I'm not a first responder. I didn't sign up for putting the safety of the public ahead of my own safety.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2016, 08:41 PM   #18
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,818 Times in 3,901 Posts
I said put yourself in her shoes you don't have to make that decision so it makes it easy to be judgemental
yes and she was probably sworn in when choosing this profession or taking the job
but when push comes to shove (literally)...I don't know if I can count on every single officer to get the duty done. does that mean she should be publicly grilled for it? Maybe, maybe not.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 09:26 PM   #19
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
i guess this is one of those maybes cus she was caught on camera, for all we know shes done it many times

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 09:31 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
I said put yourself in her shoes you don't have to make that decision so it makes it easy to be judgemental
yes and she was probably sworn in when choosing this profession or taking the job
but when push comes to shove (literally)...I don't know if I can count on every single officer to get the duty done. does that mean she should be publicly grilled for it? Maybe, maybe not.
Like I said, we can give her the "shes only human, benefit of doubt" but we have a right to armchair because its a public servant job paid by our taxes.

Just the fact that she chose to become a field police officer yet also remain extremely overweight is revealing enough of the sense of duty she has to the public. Maybe she loves the calmer side of policing but too bad, she doesn't get a choice in which aspects of policing she gets to participate.

Also, I am asking for accountability after the fact, as in reassignment or retraining or resignation. But of course once they are 'in', they can ride the union and only quit when they feel like doing so.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2016, 08:08 AM   #21
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
I dunno, it looks like she ran up, assessed the situation, ran over to the squad car to get something, then came back. It sounds like it's the GF of the dude getting beat down that's screaming. It's easy to call someone a coward when you're watching a video online and not invloved in the situation.

As much as I want to get on board with bashing fat pigs I can't see the merit in this one. :shrug:
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2016, 09:17 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
I dunno, it looks like she ran up, assessed the situation, ran over to the squad car to get something, then came back. It sounds like it's the GF of the dude getting beat down that's screaming. It's easy to call someone a coward when you're watching a video online and not invloved in the situation.

As much as I want to get on board with bashing fat pigs I can't see the merit in this one. :shrug:
Watch the very start of the video in which she is already hesitant and taking steps in and out within a cover of a car. Maybe its strategic formation and teamwork but i feel like her partner is reacting the correct way; cautious but assessing the situation up close and finding an "in", while she is not.
Old 03-31-2016, 08:51 AM   #23
I don't get it

kevin hart is that you?

Last edited by tacobell; 03-31-2016 at 08:56 AM.
tacobell is offline   Reply With Quote