REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Big thanks to tofu1413 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/708244-big-thanks-tofu1413.html)

TouringTeg 03-26-2016 07:24 PM

Big thanks to tofu1413

My wife and I have been looking at getting a mid size SUV for a while now. We settled on getting a 2012 Honda CRV EX-L with black leather and a few preferred colours. After watching the market for a while we quickly realized nearly all late model CRV's were at dealers. We had the joy of dealing with salesman for the last few weeks driving different SUVs and were not looking forward to wasting a day dealing with multiple salesman around the lower mainland.

One day last week we came across a 2013 EX-L at Brian Jessel Preowned. 66kms, no accidents, BC car etc. $25,900. Right colour right features and about the right price. A quick PM to tofu and away we went.

A little above our budget, tofu came through by getting us a nice RS discount. He picked us up at the ferry in a new X6 M despite a last minute schedule change. He had no problem loading up my Type R wheels that I brought with me to have refinished. All in a suit and tie. :cool:

Once arriving a the dealership, Tofu went over the vehicle with us and he noticed some marks on the headliner. He quickly went to bat with the sales manager to knock another $300 off as well as $200 credit for the ferry. He also had the detailer clean the headliner while we were doing the purchase. He threw in some bonus BMW swag. Ended up paying $24,500 out the door.

Top notch service and above and beyond customer service. My wife loves her new to her CRV. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from tofu again. Thank you! :chairdance:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...psuvy53abb.jpg

Some nice cars at BJ. I didn't take a pic of the black Huracan and Mclaren.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...psu2j7uz1f.jpg

kkttsang 03-26-2016 07:57 PM

Hey tofu, kinda off topic, but what does it mean when some of the pre own bmw ad has EOP after it?

kchan 03-26-2016 09:54 PM

tofu is definitely a top-notch salesmen

not stuck up unlike the ones i've encountered in the past and is willing to spend a lot of time with you to ensure that you are being taken care of properly

tofu definitely tries his best to cater to your needs and always goes out of his way (as seen above) to assist you even if you do not end up buying from him

+1 for tofu

boostfever 03-26-2016 11:22 PM

Never heard tofu's real name, does his business card also read tofu on it?

:troll:

I have not dealt with him personally (yet), but I know he's been active on RS for many years and helping out people. Def a salesperson we can trust. I recall when he worked at MCL Porsche and drove a yellow Type R. used to spot his car quite a bit.

Jmac 03-26-2016 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkttsang (Post 8741269)
Hey tofu, kinda off topic, but what does it mean when some of the pre own bmw ad has EOP after it?

EOP usually stands for end of production when it comes to cars, in my experience. Tofu will probably correct me.

sexyaccord 03-27-2016 10:04 AM

so tofu works at BJ?

extracrunchie 03-27-2016 10:11 AM

Makes me want to buy a car from tofu, and I don't even need one. haha

He does sound like a great guy!

StylinRed 03-27-2016 10:16 AM

the complimentary tofu he offers in his office is a nice touch too... i believe it's homemade

cdizzle_996 03-27-2016 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexyaccord (Post 8741389)
so tofu works at BJ?

Nah he was just faking the whole thing and this thread is BS.....

tofu1413 03-27-2016 11:54 AM

Been a pleasure Touringteg! Enjoy the CRV! :thumbsup: Glad to hook you guys up!

and a shout out to you RS guys for the support as well! :lawl:

Thank you all for your support and definite contribution to my first year back selling BMW last year in 2015..

A silver sales master title! :troll:

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...fa&oe=5798BB8F

here's my real identity :lawl:

and yes, asking for tofu at reception is ok.... as they know who you guys are exactly looking for. :lawl:

hooking up RS members 1 car at a time! :megusta:

TypeRNammer 03-27-2016 03:15 PM

I went to go see tofu also for a family mobile. Given the budget I had, there was one car I was looking to get in particular. Gave me a straight up answer that there was no room to work with.

Gave me an alternative car to look at and it manage to suit my needs and go beyond my expectations. Sure it was a newer car with higher mileage, but for the price I couldn't say no, even though it was higher than my budget, and he manage to do what ever in his power to get me a decent deal.

Waiting patiently to pick it up soon once it's ready!

Time to climb up the sales ladder tofu hopefully my purchase makes a bit of difference!

XplicitLuder 03-27-2016 03:38 PM

Tofu is best when it comes to it. Was looking around for smthn I might want in the summer and a car at bj was brought up to me which intrigued me a bit more. Didn't even ask if there was wiggle room n I heard tofu would sell to me cheaper than what they're asking (I know there are mark ups but I didn't even ask!) so when it comes around to look for smthn tofu will always be my first go-to guy

meme405 03-27-2016 04:46 PM

:thumbs:

Good to see members helping each other out. So hard to find a good salesperson these days, so many bad sales people pushing cars and real estate. Really frustrating when you get stuck with a bad one. I've heard tofu is good to deal with from a couple members, and now this thread, I wouldn't hesitate to deal with him given the reputation.

Refreshing to see someone who understands the importance of reputation and integrity, especially on RS, and seems like it has gotten him a bit of business as well which is great.

tofu1413 03-27-2016 06:07 PM

its a good car community here.

I want to keep it good. None of the shady crap that i've been seeing as of late.

plat27265 03-27-2016 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meme405 (Post 8741457)
:thumbs:

Good to see members helping each other out. So hard to find a good salesperson these days, so many bad sales people pushing cars and real estate. Really frustrating when you get stuck with a bad one. I've heard tofu is good to deal with from a couple members, and now this thread, I wouldn't hesitate to deal with him given the reputation.

Refreshing to see someone who understands the importance of reputation and integrity, especially on RS, and seems like it has gotten him a bit of business as well which is great.

+1.

kchan 03-27-2016 08:39 PM

so tofu... when you gonna help me out? lol

Nlkko 03-27-2016 10:00 PM

platinum sales master soon :troll:

tofu1413 03-27-2016 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kchan (Post 8741510)
so tofu... when you gonna help me out? lol

Last time i sold you a car.... Ended up owing you money for the sale :troll:

zvrkan5 03-28-2016 07:29 AM

Alex was great with us as well - helped us get into a nice X5 diesel with exact options we were looking for. Not easy in a used market but he was able to work it out and at a great price. He also made us feel at ease with his no bulshit approach and best possible price given his abilities.

For anyone looking at buying something from BJ PreOwned i highly recommend Alex.

CorneringArtist 03-28-2016 07:46 AM

I'm seriously considering going to Alex for a used BMW if Dieselgate gets a buyback as a resolution. An X1 35i is tempting as a pseudo 335i wagon...and there's always a shot at an M3 popping up by then. :troll:

tofu1413 03-28-2016 08:22 AM

psuedo 335i wagon can suck the doors off a stock STi or Evo....

:megusta:

TypeRNammer 03-28-2016 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorneringArtist (Post 8741600)
I'm seriously considering going to Alex for a used BMW if Dieselgate gets a buyback as a resolution. An X1 35i is tempting as a pseudo 335i wagon...and there's always a shot at an M3 popping up by then. :troll:

X1 35i with a sports package :megusta:

smoothie. 03-28-2016 08:27 PM

I cant wait to buy a m3 sedan from him

kchan 03-28-2016 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoothie. (Post 8741787)
I cant wait to buy a m3 sedan from him

got one for sale here so tofu can hook me up with that car i want (and he'll give me money back too woo)

hc529 03-28-2016 10:05 PM

Bought three cars off tofu already. And I know I will get more from him.

Since the first time I messaged him. He gave me no BS. Straight up tells me "this car don't do it, or this is a good car" save his time and my time.

Tofu hooked me up big time on my last car I bought from him. Still trying to hook me up with more LOL could I say scumbag Alex? LOL