REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 03-30-2016, 08:45 PM   #26

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
finally got a plumber to check it out.

turns out there was something jamming one of the pipes preventing any water from getting through.

plumber opened it up and unjammed it for $150.

Thanks for all the help and advice, especially yours bcrdukes
Advertisement
Old 03-30-2016, 10:08 PM   #27
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
Glad it worked out!

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2016, 06:38 PM   #28
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

something jamming the pipes means something has come loose inside the tank and is indicative of a larger problem....

what "pipe" was clogged? the inlet (cold water) or the outlet (hot water)
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2016, 10:14 PM   #29
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
Gave them a call yesterday and they told me its a $95 fee just to get someone to check what's wrong. Did that happen to you as well?

$100 is a steep price just for a diagnosis IMO. Ended up telling them on the phone I'll think about it and explore other options
Glad you got it fixed and I'm late to this thread but damm I wish our company could charge for quotes. I probably land 1 job for every 15-20 quotes I give out and the time I spend on them ranges from 1 to 40+ hours each depending on the size.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2016, 03:32 AM   #30

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgsr View Post
something jamming the pipes means something has come loose inside the tank and is indicative of a larger problem....

what "pipe" was clogged? the inlet (cold water) or the outlet (hot water)
I wasn't at home at the time but it was probably the outlet as the cold water was working just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
Glad you got it fixed and I'm late to this thread but damm I wish our company could charge for quotes. I probably land 1 job for every 15-20 quotes I give out and the time I spend on them ranges from 1 to 40+ hours each depending on the size.
you guys should probably start charging for quotes. Seems like every company i called wouldn't come look at my water tank without charging a fee to give a quote lol.

Seems like I have a bigger problem down the road for my water tank might just give you a call in the future quasi
Old 04-09-2016, 06:22 PM   #31
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
I wasn't at home at the time but it was probably the outlet as the cold water was working just fine.
ya i know i just wrote it to cover all options....most likely the inside of the tank is rusting and a piece broke loose
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-08-2016, 10:46 PM   #32
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,562 Times in 204 Posts
So the hot water tank at my place seems to be having issues too..
can anyone recommend a place to replace it?
PM or here would be great.
IfUCare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 12:20 PM   #33
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Bumping. I noticed I haven't been getting "HOT" water in my showers at my house. Water is luke warm and it does get hot "ONLY" if I crank all the water to HOT end 100%, which never requires getting to the point. All the sinks work fine and can get hot water.

Usually when I turn on the shower, I move the lever from "Off" to middle to get water flowing, which typically releases "Warm/Decent Hot" water, which is perfect to get showers started, but last week, it's been releasing "Cold" water when I move the lever to the middle. I've been forced to move the lever closer to the "Hot" end, around half way between middle and "Hot" end, which typically never gets to that point unless I'm completely wasting water with a super long shower.

I have no idea what the issue is. Any thoughts guys?

Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 12:38 PM   #34
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,996 Times in 1,902 Posts
Look at it as a forced Polar Bear Swim.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-02-2017, 01:56 PM   #35
My homepage has been set to RS

Your handle piece could be getting rusty/loose and not catching the on/off piece or maybe the plastic piece behind the handle is loose?

(The plastic piece lets you set how hot you can put your water. ei. mine only gets so hot even if you crank it all the water to hot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Bumping. I noticed I haven't been getting "HOT" water in my showers at my house. Water is luke warm and it does get hot "ONLY" if I crank all the water to HOT end 100%, which never requires getting to the point. All the sinks work fine and can get hot water.

Usually when I turn on the shower, I move the lever from "Off" to middle to get water flowing, which typically releases "Warm/Decent Hot" water, which is perfect to get showers started, but last week, it's been releasing "Cold" water when I move the lever to the middle. I've been forced to move the lever closer to the "Hot" end, around half way between middle and "Hot" end, which typically never gets to that point unless I'm completely wasting water with a super long shower.

MelonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 06:11 PM   #36
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
Somthing with the diverter there most likely if sinks and everything else are fine
Old 01-02-2017, 08:56 PM   #37
Old School RS

Thanked 3,947 Times in 1,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post

Is it only one shower or all the showers? I know you said the sinks work fine but in the beginning of your post you said "showers" and in the end you said "shower". If only one shower, highly likely that it is related to your faucet in that shower.

Mark
Old 05-12-2017, 07:56 PM   #38

Besides Papa's can anyone provide other contracts to replace hot water heater tanks. 50 gallons should be enough and is electric.
Old 05-12-2017, 08:21 PM   #39
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseBlue View Post
Besides Papa's can anyone provide other contracts to replace hot water heater tanks. 50 gallons should be enough and is electric.
Kingsway Plumbing - fair and reasonable rates.
fml
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 12:01 AM   #40

I'll give them a call. TY