REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-29-2016, 09:10 AM   #1
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Pattullo Bridge Rehabilitation

http://www.translink.ca/pattullorehab

Quote:
This work is expected to extend the life of the bridge until a replacement is built. At this point, we expect a replacement bridge could take five to seven years to build.

Between April 29 and Oct. 3, drivers can expect the following:

The bridge will be closed from the evening of April 29 to the morning of May 2 to allow crews to set up for construction work. The bridge will also close from the evening of Sept. 30 (8 p.m.) to the morning of Oct. 3 (5 a.m.) for crews to remove equipment.
From May 2 to Sept. 30, the bridge will remain open with one lane in each direction.
Truck access will be maintained
The bridge will be closed to all traffic two nights a week and one weekend a month. Read our Closure Schedule for details about upcoming closures.
The Pattullo Bridge is one of the busiest crossings in the Lower Mainland and we expect increased congestion and delays in the area during construction. Drivers should expect traffic delays on feeder routes to the Pattullo Bridge at all times.

Check out the various Travel Tools to see how you can TravelSmart.

What We're Doing

Work will focus on essential deck repairs to address concrete delamination on sections of the bridge. Crews will:

mill off the asphalt surfacing from the deck;
remove all deck concrete down to the top layer of rebar;
repair concrete delamination, clean or replace rebar; and
repave the whole deck area with a concrete overlay.
... FML. 5 months. as if my work commute wasn't a living hell already
Advertisement
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds

Last edited by thumper; 03-29-2016 at 09:53 AM.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 09:24 AM   #2
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
tbh that bridge IS a piece of junk

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2016, 09:39 AM   #3
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Driving under the Patullo on the hwy 17 is a trip into history. The bridge is a true steel workers project. It's riveted together piece by piece, and aside from the modern structural additions over the last few years, it is a piece of history.

Rehab the bridge?

That thing needs to be replaced with a proper bridge.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2016, 09:50 AM   #4
I am Hook'd on RS

Metro Vancouver need to get off their butts and start building the replacement to Pattullo Bridge. I am sure frequent users of Pattullo will not be happy with bridge tolls especially if is a flat rate that does not reward frequent users. I wish the bridge authority would implement some kind of frequent user discount. If Port Mann Bridge had this kind of discount plan, I am sure users would use it more which will lessen traffic on the Pattullo. Less traffic means less wear and tear on the Pattullo, too.
plat27265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 09:59 AM   #5
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
or tell New west to quit stalling

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 11:10 AM   #6
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
Build a new bridge = new toll

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2016, 11:35 AM   #7
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,456 Times in 989 Posts
if they build a proper 4 lane bridge and toll it, they wont need a 6 lane bridge, and the tolling costs could potentially be lower. new west wants a 4 lane, surrey wants a 6 lane.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 11:53 AM   #8
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
or tell New west to quit stalling
New West is a shitty borough with shitty management. That's why they're in such shambles. Like the Port Moody and White Rock mayors and councillors, they're so against progress that they're allowing their asset to stagnate.

The last time I went to White Rock, you could tell where South Surrey ended. Just past that it was liquor stores, nail salons, and dusty old businesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBB6 View Post
Build a new bridge = new toll
They're all going to be tolled if translink has their way.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2016, 11:54 AM   #9
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,803 Times in 1,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
if they build a proper 4 lane bridge and toll it, they wont need a 6 lane bridge, and the tolling costs could potentially be lower. new west wants a 4 lane, surrey wants a 6 lane.
Where would all 6 lanes go on the new west side?
None of the arterial roads on that side there have much room for expansion without major expropriations of residential & park land. So what would an extra 2 bridge lanes accomplish?
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2016, 12:24 PM   #10

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
None of the arterial roads on that side there have much room for expansion without major expropriations of residential & park land. So what would an extra 2 bridge lanes accomplish?
i was wondering the same thing lol.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 12:32 PM   #11
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,456 Times in 989 Posts
trust me i live on columbia street, i dont want a 6 lane either.
right now patullo is only congested because the port mann is tolled. if both get tolled they'd only need a 4 lane is what im saying.
its the surrey side that wants a 6 lane that is the issue
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 12:44 PM   #12
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
New West is a shitty borough with shitty management. That's why they're in such shambles. Like the Port Moody and White Rock mayors and councillors, they're so against progress that they're allowing their asset to stagnate.
For what it is worth, I actually think the Port Moody mayor (Mike Clay) is very pro-bussines and pro-development, almost to the point of ignoring the Port Moody residents' complains. The councilors, on the other hand, seem to have some better heads screwed down to their bodies.

Their OCP (official community plan) is quite new, and seem to have a good overall plan catering to a good balance between development and long term residency. However, with it being such a new plan, there are stills lots of holes and oversights. Developers know this game and are doing everything they can to exploit them while they last.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2016, 01:03 PM   #13
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
4 lanes to mcbride? 2 dedicated to columbia?

If you don't do that, its gonna be steveston and #5 in new west lol

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2016, 01:23 PM   #14
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
let's also not forget that front st. in new west is currently shut down until july for the parkade demolition. truck traffic has been fubar'd since february. i can't wait to see the gong show once the patullo work starts
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds

Last edited by thumper; 03-29-2016 at 01:46 PM.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2016, 01:26 PM   #15
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
I'd be 100% fine if they tolled every bridge in metro Vancouver maybe $0.25 a crossing. That way everyone pays in to it and people wouldn't avoid the new bridges because they don't want to pay $4.50 or whatevee
Old 03-29-2016, 01:45 PM   #16

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
I'm just glad I do not use the bridges any more......living out in the country has its perks :P

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2016, 01:49 PM   #17
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
I'd be 100% fine if they tolled every bridge in metro Vancouver maybe $0.25 a crossing. That way everyone pays in to it and people wouldn't avoid the new bridges because they don't want to pay $4.50 or whatevee
Theoretically, I would personally be supportive of tolling every damn bridge / tunnel in Metro Vancouver with a nominal toll as well. But the problem is, we have the current Liberal / Crusty government in charge. That means if this bridge tolling plan were to come through, all revenue raise through this means would all fxxking go back to the provincial general revenues again, instead of actually going into a traffic / infrastructure-related account. If somehow a miracle happens, and the bridge toll revenues end up getting spent on traffic / infrastructure, the provincial government would reduce the traffic / infrastructure budgets so that there'll be no net gains.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2016, 03:29 PM   #18
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
The new NFPR, that connects Port Mann, Pattullo, Queensborough and Knight Street bridges.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 03:58 PM   #19

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plat27265 View Post
I am sure frequent users of Pattullo will not be happy with bridge tolls especially if is a flat rate that does not reward frequent users. I wish the bridge authority would implement some kind of frequent user discount. If Port Mann Bridge had this kind of discount plan, I am sure users would use it more which will lessen traffic on the Pattullo.
There is a discount. $155 gives unlimited usage. I take it everyday and I'm more than happy to pay toll for the time and fuel savings
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 05:48 PM   #20
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Remove the Pattullo all together. Take some pics, put 'em in a museum and tear that bridge down.

Build the new 6-8 lane bridge everyone is asking for North/South from Schoolhouse in Coquitlam to King George in Surrey, with exits to United Blvd and SFPR. Use a map for reference. I know its very close to the Port Mann but we need another bridge across the Fraser river and the Pattullo neighbouhoods on both sides are pretty much jammed.

The damage has been done in New West with the new condos and this would give Surrey the option to de-ghetto the Scott Road neighbourhood. Creating new waterfront neighbourhoods for Canadians and their foreign next door neighbours while leaving the existing, operating rail system for them to live with.

There isn't an option to remove the rail system on either side of the river in the current location of the Pattullo. The area i'm proposing is industrial land with rail on both sides. A new bridge and construction during evening hours on industrial land would hopefully see fewer complaints from Metro Vancouver NIMBY's.
adambomb is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2016, 06:11 PM   #21
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminG View Post
There is a discount. $155 gives unlimited usage. I take it everyday and I'm more than happy to pay toll for the time and fuel savings
I didn't realize there was a one time $155 unlimited usage plan. Yes, for those that use it everyday it's a no brainer. I do not use the Port Mann often. Once in a while but not everyday.
Old 03-29-2016, 06:32 PM   #22
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by adambomb View Post
Remove the Pattullo all together. Take some pics, put 'em in a museum and tear that bridge down.

Build the new 6-8 lane bridge everyone is asking for North/South from Schoolhouse in Coquitlam to King George in Surrey, with exits to United Blvd and SFPR. Use a map for reference. I know its very close to the Port Mann but we need another bridge across the Fraser river and the Pattullo neighbouhoods on both sides are pretty much jammed.

The damage has been done in New West with the new condos and this would give Surrey the option to de-ghetto the Scott Road neighbourhood. Creating new waterfront neighbourhoods for Canadians and their foreign next door neighbours while leaving the existing, operating rail system for them to live with.

There isn't an option to remove the rail system on either side of the river in the current location of the Pattullo. The area i'm proposing is industrial land with rail on both sides. A new bridge and construction during evening hours on industrial land would hopefully see fewer complaints from Metro Vancouver NIMBY's.
Lougheed Highway and the current traffic/road design won't be able to accommodate traffic from a 6 to 8 lane bridge and the Port Mann at the same time. I live around the area and I can imagine how bad traffic will become.

Lougheed Eastbound from Colony farm piles up because of PoCo residential traffic. It extends all the way to Pinetree. Lougheed westbound between Schoolhouse and Braid St. has 4 traffic lights that back traffic up during the morning commute. Plus, traffic lights along Braid Street back traffic up all the way to Coquitlam during rush hour.

Port Mann is just close by. Actually too close for a second bridge.
Old 03-29-2016, 06:48 PM   #23
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Change the road design, intersections and traffic lights to accommodate the new bridge. It has to be done. The Coquitlam intersections you speak of are in industrial areas with very little residential neighbourhoods in comparison to New West and the current Pattullo. Schoolhouse has a movie theater and Cactus Club, Braid as rail on one side and Hospital on the other. The condos in that area of New West are already built or have been given the green light to start.

Stand on Lougheed Hwy near Schoolhouse and tell me how far you have to throw a rock to hit a house. Do the same on Columbia St in New west. The idea is to minimize disruption to residential neighbourhoods as much as possible.

We need another bridge, no matter how close it is to the Port Mann. Has anyone driven the Port Mann/ Hwy 1 at 7:00am on a Tuesday? I thought we just built a new bridge with Highway expansion. It looks like 2003 on Hwy 1 at 7:00am.

No need to imagine how bad traffic will get. Look at in now with our "new" bridge. Pinetree/Colony farms is going to get worse no matter how we play it. We need road infrastructure before neighbourhoods. Not the other way around.

Last edited by adambomb; 03-29-2016 at 06:55 PM.
adambomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 08:04 PM   #24
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plat27265 View Post
I didn't realize there was a one time $155 unlimited usage plan. Yes, for those that use it everyday it's a no brainer. I do not use the Port Mann often. Once in a while but not everyday.
Monthly.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 08:10 PM   #25
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by adambomb View Post
Change the road design, intersections and traffic lights to accommodate the new bridge. It has to be done. The Coquitlam intersections you speak of are in industrial areas with very little residential neighbourhoods in comparison to New West and the current Pattullo. Schoolhouse has a movie theater and Cactus Club, Braid as rail on one side and Hospital on the other. The condos in that area of New West are already built or have been given the green light to start.

Stand on Lougheed Hwy near Schoolhouse and tell me how far you have to throw a rock to hit a house. Do the same on Columbia St in New west. The idea is to minimize disruption to residential neighbourhoods as much as possible.

We need another bridge, no matter how close it is to the Port Mann. Has anyone driven the Port Mann/ Hwy 1 at 7:00am on a Tuesday? I thought we just built a new bridge with Highway expansion. It looks like 2003 on Hwy 1 at 7:00am.

No need to imagine how bad traffic will get. Look at in now with our "new" bridge. Pinetree/Colony farms is going to get worse no matter how we play it. We need road infrastructure before neighbourhoods. Not the other way around.

As a resident of Maillardville, I am sorry but I have to disagree with your proposal. For the same reason you gave about minimizing disruption to residential neighborhoods. Maillardville will be innundated with traffic. There is no way this section of Lougheed and Braid will be able to accommodate all that traffic coming off of HWY#1 and King George (where your proposed second bridge will come from). Braid Street is too narrow and there's tons of traffic lights along that street that slows down traffic coming from Lougheed Highway trying to get on HWY #1.

Lougheed eastbound experiences bad traffic during rush hour because this is the main road that residents use coming from Coquitlam East and Port Coquitlam. When the train is running, intersections from Lougheed in PoCo neighborhoods are backed up.

You have to live in this area to experience how bad traffic gets over here. Even if you widen Lougheed from Colony Farm all the way to Pinetree, the arterial roads going into various areas in Central and East Coquitlam and PoCo won't be able to deal with the volume of traffic.