REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Sweaty? Hands,Feet,Armpits (https://www.revscene.net/forums/708292-sweaty-hands-feet-armpits.html)

swiftshift 03-30-2016 09:09 AM

Sweaty? Hands,Feet,Armpits

I've recently have been experiencing an on-going occurring problem, usually after I shower of, sweaty pits + hands + feet *if I wear socks+ shoes* it gets pretty disgusting.
I use excessive amounts of baby powder on my armpits to try to reduce the amount, however it still does not stop.
I have anti-antiperspirant too which I feel is more effective than deodorant.

Wondering if anyone has this or has had this before and what did they do?
I've read a bit on it, however anything I tried has not stopped this.

I feel that it happens 70% of the day as well.
ResidentSleeper

BoostedBB6 03-30-2016 09:41 AM

I have found that a lot of perspiration can be caused by being overweight.
7 or so years ago I was over the 300lb mark and I would have very similar issues. I have since dropped down to 180lbs and then put some back on as my life changed significantly and have got back up to 240 (on my way back down tho).

When I was heavier I would suffer from this a lot.
So if you are a heavier set person that this could be a very big part of the problem. I find now that the only time I really have issues like this are when its very hot out and I'm in the sun or working out.

So if you are heavier then I would suggest hitting the gym. It helped me a ton.

6o4__boi 03-30-2016 11:48 AM

have you been under a lot of stress lately?
that's a huge factor in over perspiration as well

i'm no medical expert but i'd at least give 811 a shot and see what kind of opinion the nurses can give you

swiftshift 03-30-2016 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoostedBB6 (Post 8742306)
I have found that a lot of perspiration can be caused by being overweight.
7 or so years ago I was over the 300lb mark and I would have very similar issues. I have since dropped down to 180lbs and then put some back on as my life changed significantly and have got back up to 240 (on my way back down tho).

When I was heavier I would suffer from this a lot.
So if you are a heavier set person that this could be a very big part of the problem. I find now that the only time I really have issues like this are when its very hot out and I'm in the sun or working out.

So if you are heavier then I would suggest hitting the gym. It helped me a ton.

I am about 200 pounds and 5'4, however I try to maintain an active lifestyle..

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6o4__boi (Post 8742346)
have you been under a lot of stress lately?
that's a huge factor in over perspiration as well

i'm no medical expert but i'd at least give 811 a shot and see what kind of opinion the nurses can give you

I'm not too sure how to define stress, my life is pretty set and have the same routine..
So not too sure..
Maybe I can visit my doctor and take a day off work and see what's going on

Nocardia 03-30-2016 06:43 PM

Excessive sweathing (hyperhidrosis) isn't that uncommon and can be from a variety of things, you are technically obese (BMI ~35) and this is a modifiable risk for this issue (assuming it is from diet/exercise causes and not something more sinister). Best to see your doctor because there could a few things to investigate before just simply trying to cover it up.

Drysol is a antiperspirant that is much more concentrated than regular Old Spice or Degree products and can be found behind the counter at most pharmacies. But if this is a new thing with not much changing in your daily life, it's in your best interest to see a Dr.

swiftshift 03-31-2016 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocardia (Post 8742472)
Excessive sweathing (hyperhidrosis) isn't that uncommon and can be from a variety of things, you are technically obese (BMI ~35) and this is a modifiable risk for this issue (assuming it is from diet/exercise causes and not something more sinister). Best to see your doctor because there could a few things to investigate before just simply trying to cover it up.

Drysol is a antiperspirant that is much more concentrated than regular Old Spice or Degree products and can be found behind the counter at most pharmacies. But if this is a new thing with not much changing in your daily life, it's in your best interest to see a Dr.

Thank you for your informative post!

rageguy 03-31-2016 02:00 PM

Take Avert (glycopyrrolate). It'll work in stopping your hyperhidrosis. You can find it online on pharmacy.ca.

ZN6 03-31-2016 07:57 PM

Here's what I found that keeps me healthy and sweat less: cut down on salty foods. Salt promotes water retention and when you do drink, your body retains that water until you become active and you sweat the excess out.

My salt intake is low these days unless I know I am going to be doing some distance cardio which I would binge a bit on salted foods.

Try eating less salty foods?

6793026 03-31-2016 10:49 PM

get clinical anti antiperspirant, if not, go with botox. yes my X did botox to stop sweating on her armpits.

SkinnyPupp 04-01-2016 01:08 AM

Losing weight will make a world of difference. "trying to live an active lifestyle" isn't enough when you're 200 lbs at 5'4". You need to exercise and go on a diet.