REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:09 AM   #1
I don't get it

Sweaty? Hands,Feet,Armpits

I've recently have been experiencing an on-going occurring problem, usually after I shower of, sweaty pits + hands + feet *if I wear socks+ shoes* it gets pretty disgusting.
I use excessive amounts of baby powder on my armpits to try to reduce the amount, however it still does not stop.
I have anti-antiperspirant too which I feel is more effective than deodorant.

Wondering if anyone has this or has had this before and what did they do?
I've read a bit on it, however anything I tried has not stopped this.

I feel that it happens 70% of the day as well.

swiftshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 09:41 AM   #2
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
I have found that a lot of perspiration can be caused by being overweight.
7 or so years ago I was over the 300lb mark and I would have very similar issues. I have since dropped down to 180lbs and then put some back on as my life changed significantly and have got back up to 240 (on my way back down tho).

When I was heavier I would suffer from this a lot.
So if you are a heavier set person that this could be a very big part of the problem. I find now that the only time I really have issues like this are when its very hot out and I'm in the sun or working out.

So if you are heavier then I would suggest hitting the gym. It helped me a ton.

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 11:48 AM   #3
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
have you been under a lot of stress lately?
that's a huge factor in over perspiration as well

i'm no medical expert but i'd at least give 811 a shot and see what kind of opinion the nurses can give you
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 11:56 AM   #4
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBB6 View Post
I have found that a lot of perspiration can be caused by being overweight.
7 or so years ago I was over the 300lb mark and I would have very similar issues. I have since dropped down to 180lbs and then put some back on as my life changed significantly and have got back up to 240 (on my way back down tho).

When I was heavier I would suffer from this a lot.
So if you are a heavier set person that this could be a very big part of the problem. I find now that the only time I really have issues like this are when its very hot out and I'm in the sun or working out.

So if you are heavier then I would suggest hitting the gym. It helped me a ton.
I am about 200 pounds and 5'4, however I try to maintain an active lifestyle..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
have you been under a lot of stress lately?
that's a huge factor in over perspiration as well

i'm no medical expert but i'd at least give 811 a shot and see what kind of opinion the nurses can give you
I'm not too sure how to define stress, my life is pretty set and have the same routine..
So not too sure..
Maybe I can visit my doctor and take a day off work and see what's going on
Old 03-30-2016, 06:43 PM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS

Excessive sweathing (hyperhidrosis) isn't that uncommon and can be from a variety of things, you are technically obese (BMI ~35) and this is a modifiable risk for this issue (assuming it is from diet/exercise causes and not something more sinister). Best to see your doctor because there could a few things to investigate before just simply trying to cover it up.

Drysol is a antiperspirant that is much more concentrated than regular Old Spice or Degree products and can be found behind the counter at most pharmacies. But if this is a new thing with not much changing in your daily life, it's in your best interest to see a Dr.
Old 03-31-2016, 08:38 AM   #6
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocardia View Post
Excessive sweathing (hyperhidrosis) isn't that uncommon and can be from a variety of things, you are technically obese (BMI ~35) and this is a modifiable risk for this issue (assuming it is from diet/exercise causes and not something more sinister). Best to see your doctor because there could a few things to investigate before just simply trying to cover it up.

Drysol is a antiperspirant that is much more concentrated than regular Old Spice or Degree products and can be found behind the counter at most pharmacies. But if this is a new thing with not much changing in your daily life, it's in your best interest to see a Dr.
Thank you for your informative post!
Old 03-31-2016, 02:00 PM   #7
I subscribe to Revscene

Take Avert (glycopyrrolate). It'll work in stopping your hyperhidrosis. You can find it online on pharmacy.ca.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:57 PM   #8
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
Here's what I found that keeps me healthy and sweat less: cut down on salty foods. Salt promotes water retention and when you do drink, your body retains that water until you become active and you sweat the excess out.

My salt intake is low these days unless I know I am going to be doing some distance cardio which I would binge a bit on salted foods.

Try eating less salty foods?
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 10:49 PM   #9
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,298 Times in 955 Posts
get clinical anti antiperspirant, if not, go with botox. yes my X did botox to stop sweating on her armpits.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 01:08 AM   #10
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,754 Times in 8,158 Posts
Losing weight will make a world of difference. "trying to live an active lifestyle" isn't enough when you're 200 lbs at 5'4". You need to exercise and go on a diet.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: