REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Distracted driver in Richmond (https://www.revscene.net/forums/708336-distracted-driver-richmond.html)

shiesty 04-03-2016 10:14 AM

Distracted driver in Richmond

Wonder what her license renewal would cost lol

Distracted Richmond Driver 'Might Be A Good Candidate To Have Her Licence Reviewed': RCMP

MrPapageorgio 04-03-2016 10:42 AM

No offence to anyone but ALL of Richmond needs their licence reviewed...And 75% of the Lower Mainland too.... WORST DRIVERS EVER!!!

fliptuner 04-03-2016 11:20 AM

This is new and exciting

jasonturbo 04-03-2016 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPapageorgio (Post 8743699)
No offence to anyone but ALL of Richmond needs their licence reviewed...And 75% of the Lower Mainland too.... WORST DRIVERS EVER!!!

LOL you're funny.

Traffic in the lower mainland moves pretty damn good compared to just about any other major city in Canada, go spend some time in Montreal, it will put things into perspective.

While I realize there are certain racial groups in the Lower Mainland who struggle with basic concepts such as green-yellow-red, at least they tend to keep moving in a forward direction.

Edmonton is currently suffering from a Somalian driver crisis, it's insane how bad they are at driving, and there is a LOT of them. On top of that, after years of heavy policing for traffic violations and photo radar tickets for as little as 3KM/H over the posted limit, everyone in the city is conditioned to drive 48KM/H EVERYWHERE.

white rocket 04-03-2016 01:23 PM

It's the obliviousness(is that a word?) of the drivers that's the real concern. Running red lights and stop signs like they're not even posted. Lane changes without even a quick check. I dunno if it's an asshole thing or a not even aware thing, but it's scary as fcuk. I'd rather deal with an prick weaving in and out of traffic; at least he's paying attention.

Autorice 04-03-2016 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonturbo (Post 8743728)
LOL you're funny.

Traffic in the lower mainland moves pretty damn good compared to just about any other major city in Canada, go spend some time in Montreal, it will put things into perspective.

While I realize there are certain racial groups in the Lower Mainland who struggle with basic concepts such as green-yellow-red, at least they tend to keep moving in a forward direction.

Edmonton is currently suffering from a Somalian driver crisis, it's insane how bad they are at driving, and there is a LOT of them. On top of that, after years of heavy policing for traffic violations and photo radar tickets for as little as 3KM/H over the posted limit, everyone in the city is conditioned to drive 48KM/H EVERYWHERE.

but those dodge dakota's give off KA bands so I know to slow down

evlee 04-03-2016 02:16 PM

yeah no city is perfect and to be honest driving in lower Mainland is not that bad at all.

AzNightmare 04-03-2016 11:44 PM

Whenever I'm driving, I feel like I'm in some kind of zone.
Can't stand people using their phones. In fact, I get annoyed when my notification starts going off because someone is machine gun texting me or trying to call me.

I wouldn't be caught dead using any bluetooth feature either, cause I just hate being out of my driving zone when I'm driving.

So whenever people get busted, I'm just like :fuckthatshit: :lawl:

Nlkko 04-03-2016 11:53 PM

Driving here (Vancouver, Burnaby, Coq, NorthVan, etc.) is great. I rarely go to Richmond so no comments. Police are ok, traffic flow is usually 5,6 km/h or more than 10s on the highway and that's acceptable. Not a lot of crazies just a lot of people oblivious to road etiquette (keep right except for passing, don't tailgate, use signals etc.)

Vancouver cops are one of the most lenient I've seen. I've driven for some years in California, Texas and recently Washington and they would be on your nuts if you even slightly go over the speed limit. And the LA drivers are just bat shit crazy.

swfk 04-04-2016 12:01 AM

I have lived in and driven in the city of Vancouver for 6 years and recently I've been staying in Richmond at the gfs place and spend more time in Richmond than Vancouver.

Within two weeks my car has been hit and run twice. I honk more and get angry way more than I ever had since semi-moving to Richmond.

The stereotype is real, Richmond drivers can't drive for shit. Chinese pedestrians expect the cars to go first just like Asia. White pedestrians expect the cars to stop but the Asian drivers don't. Asian cyclists ride wherever the fuck they want, I almost hit one when he cut me off, after I swerved around I almost t bone a left turner within 10 seconds.

/end rant, lower mainland isn't a problem, only Richmond is the problem.

Ulic Qel-Droma 04-04-2016 12:07 AM

don't worry, auto driving teslas will take over the world.

licences will be revoked for sure, by everyone. lol.

Amuse 04-04-2016 12:20 AM

Stop at the intersection and look at the drivers around you. You will always see at least one person looking at their phone.

scoobyej20 04-04-2016 12:27 AM

I'm from Richmond and I daily a 400whp manual transmission car.

Not everyone can not drive in Richmond.

Stay ahead of traffic, and avoid the people that's obviously distracted.

will068 04-04-2016 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobyej20 (Post 8743926)
I'm from Richmond and I daily a 400whp manual transmission car.

Not everyone can not drive in Richmond.

Stay ahead of traffic, and avoid the people that's obviously distracted.

Growing up in Richmond, my acumen in defensive driving have increased dramatically. Also, letting go of my Road Rage. I just can't win against the C-Lai's.

will068 04-04-2016 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonturbo (Post 8743728)
LOL you're funny.

Edmonton is currently suffering from a Somalian driver crisis, it's insane how bad they are at driving, and there is a LOT of them.

Makes sense. Older drivers who did not drive growing up (in their case, they were probably too poor to own a vehicle in their home country).

Reeyal 04-04-2016 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shiesty (Post 8743695)

Wow, 12 convictions over 4 years. Obviously, she didn't care or was able to pay for the insurance hikes over the 4 years. That is ridiculous.

thumper 04-04-2016 06:57 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdNMYiBWwAASGwW.jpg

why did they blank out some of the violations? i was curious to know what other things she's been doing.

and why isn't there a cutoff point for multiple infractions like this already, like they do with speeding tickets, etc.? all they do is talk about it, or are they waiting for her to kill someone first? :(

Spidey 04-04-2016 08:19 AM

the reason why her licence had not been suspended was because when she received those tickets, at the time, there was no point penalty related to the offence of "drive while using electronic device". It was simply a fine. Now, however, the charge comes with 3 pts...

Liquid_o2 04-04-2016 10:08 AM

Drivers seem to be getting worse and worse. I don't know if it is just me, but in the last 6 months I have noticed that a lot more people are running stale yellows or full reds. My girlfriends car was hit 2 months ago by someone running a red.

Left turn lanes? Light goes yellow and 3 or 4 cars try and make it, so the last car is turning left on a red.

Plus I almost got hit going through a traffic circle this weekend. Guy entered without letting me go through, so I had to hit my brakes at the very last second.

And I'm still seeing tons of people texting and driving.

The_AK 04-04-2016 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by will068 (Post 8743929)
Growing up in Richmond, my acumen in defensive driving have increased dramatically. Also, letting go of my Road Rage. I just can't win against the C-Lai's.

Growing up in Richmond, my vocabulary of insults has increased dramatically. Also, I'm coping with my Road Rage. I just need to let it out on the C-Lai's.

Drow 04-04-2016 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liquid_o2 (Post 8744026)
Drivers seem to be getting worse and worse. I don't know if it is just me, but in the last 6 months I have noticed that a lot more people are running stale yellows or full reds. My girlfriends car was hit 2 months ago by someone running a red.

Left turn lanes? Light goes yellow and 3 or 4 cars try and make it, so the last car is turning left on a red.

Plus I almost got hit going through a traffic circle this weekend. Guy entered without letting me go through, so I had to hit my brakes at the very last second.

And I'm still seeing tons of people texting and driving.

people gun the left turns when my light is green... those guys really piss me off. and contrary to the popular belief, these drivers aren't asian / fobs.

MG1 04-04-2016 12:02 PM

What pisses me off more is when 5 cars barely make a left turn on a designated left turn signal that is on long enough for twenty+ cars to make it.

People have such slow reflexes, slow in the brain, or spaced out. I just want to slap them up the side of the head.

420dude 04-05-2016 09:04 PM

city of Vancouver wants to set speed limit to 30km/HR on non highways

scoobyej20 04-05-2016 09:55 PM

might get a speeding ticket riding a bicycle. lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by 420dude (Post 8744613)
city of Vancouver wants to set speed limit to 30km/HR on non highways

Gh0stRider 04-05-2016 11:09 PM

its done! :alonehappy:
Woman with 14 distracted driving tickets taken off the road | News Talk 980 CKNW | Vancouver's News. Vancouver's Talk