REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-09-2016, 01:55 PM   #26
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,141 Times in 7,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
That's a shitty way of looking at it. Parents, generally, live for their children. Paul ensured she was taken care of financially and I'm sure he'd be relieved knowing that she's able to live a full life now that he's gone.

When shit hits the fan, sue everybody. You put out a big enough net you'll catch something. She did.
Taking the 10 million from the estate of a friend certainly isn't my idea of something he'd be proud of though. While any good parent wants their child to be safe, any good person would care just as much that they had morals.
I'd bet 10 fucking million that Paul would have been doing the same thing in the drivers seat if the spots were reversed.
Advertisement
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2016, 02:17 PM   #27
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Yeah, that's true. Depends on what was taken away from Roger's family to get that 10 million to Meadow I suppose. Are they out on the street now while Meadow is ballin' it up? 'Cause that would be a dick move.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 03:09 PM   #28
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
What are you guys complaining about? Same thing would happen here except it would be through ICBC and this is exactly why you max out your optimal coverage at $5mill and don't give rides to people with super high paying careers... I'm being serious there... I've seen tonnes of friends sue other friends they were riding with for injuries when shit happened. It's totally normal.
you have some shitty friends
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 03:33 PM   #29
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,141 Times in 7,148 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, that's true. Depends on what was taken away from Roger's family to get that 10 million to Meadow I suppose. Are they out on the street now while Meadow is ballin' it up? 'Cause that would be a dick move.
Compared to Paul walkers estate why the hell would she need that 10 million? Its not like she would have been left poor from her own fathers estate. Where the fuck did all Paul's money go that its not enough for her to survive comfortably 100x over?
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2016, 03:38 PM   #30
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,398 Times in 5,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post

You've never ridden in a car when someone did something stupid and injured you for life. Change your tune pretty fast if you couldn't work or live normally anymore.

In all those cases they knew the persons 3rd party would cover it. They're all still close friends, but you're crazy if you lose the use of your right arm (for example) and don't try to get compensation just because it's your buddy's insurance.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 03:45 PM   #31
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
You've never ridden in a car when someone did something fucking stupid and injured you for life.

In all those cases they knew the persons 3rd party would cover it. They're all still close friends, but you're crazy if you lose the use of your right arm and don't try to get compensation just because it's your buddy's insurance.
well actually i have been in the situation. I was injured, granted i was not seriously injured but i did not claim insurance because in my case my friend would have been royally fucked if i did.

Different situation, if my friend insurance can pay me out and my friend won't take a insurance hit or other penalties I would. Hard to think of a situation where stupidity doesnt end up with some kind of penalty. As a friend I don't feel the need to step on my friends when they are down.

than again, I'm not talking about serious life changing injuries, even if I lose a arm I would have to look at the context of accident and our friendship. For some friend I will lost an arm for them.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 04:04 PM   #32
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
Paul's best friend must be pissed having 10 million stolen from his family so The Celebrity Child could live it up just a little Longer,yeah it doesn't matter about him he died...its all about paul and his Fast&furious movies...not professional driving

she must love alll the attention too she makes her last name known on social media.
Look at those sheep "Paul walkers daughter!....hi!!.. "

Your next Porche,it's going to make me even more happy without a father and more money.
Old 04-09-2016, 04:40 PM   #33
HELP ME PLS!!!

Does it work like ICBC here? Does insurance cover bring sued?

Well I think the justice here is that with Paul Walker gone, her inheritance is substantially less. Her lawyers must have had a hell of a time proving she would have even gotten a penny of that money.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:06 AM   #34
I don't like cheese but I love milk!

Quote:
That's a shitty way of looking at it. Parents, generally, live for their children. Paul ensured she was taken care of financially and I'm sure he'd be relieved knowing that she's able to live a full life now that he's gone.

When shit hits the fan, sue everybody. You put out a big enough net you'll catch something. She did.
Quote:
I'd tell my friend to sue me if insurance is paying for it
not my money anyway, just don't go after my personal assets lol
Ferra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 01:01 PM   #35

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Quote:
well actually i have been in the situation. I was injured, granted i was not seriously injured but i did not claim insurance because in my case my friend would have been royally fucked if i did.

Different situation, if my friend insurance can pay me out and my friend won't take a insurance hit or other penalties I would. Hard to think of a situation where stupidity doesnt end up with some kind of penalty. As a friend I don't feel the need to step on my friends when they are down.

than again, I'm not talking about serious life changing injuries, even if I lose a arm I would have to look at the context of accident and our friendship. For some friend I will lost an arm for them.
If you lost an arm over your friend being an idiot, he should be pulling out all the stops to make sure you're taken care of, not the other way around.

Any friend worth losing an arm for wouldn't be like "dude sucks about your arm and all but my insurance rates are already hella high so...."

Even if the accident wasn't my fault i'd feel like shit.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2016, 02:54 PM   #36

Filing for damages against a negligent 3rd party isn't a dick move. In particular where they're insured for same.
One month later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by z-33 View Post
THE GUY IN THE RED SHIRT throwing the newspaper stand into the window IS INDY BHANGU FROM SURREY.
Mancini is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2016, 08:00 PM   #37
Old School RS

Thanked 3,946 Times in 1,202 Posts
Did I seriously get my post edited to censor publicly available bikini photos that you could literally see on any beach in any western country in the world? Awfully delicate glass bubble we are living in these days...

Mark
Old 04-19-2016, 08:22 PM   #38
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
Did I seriously get my post edited to censor publicly available bikini photos that you could literally see on any beach in any western country in the world? Awfully delicate glass bubble we are living in these days...

Mark
You're welcome to post them in the nsfw area of the forum. That's why it's there!
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote