REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 04-09-2016, 07:42 PM   #1
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Android photos - help!!

Ive a Sony z3 on Android 5.1.1, kernel 3.4.0

I'm currently on vacation in Thailand/Vietnam and I've taken hundreds upon hundreds of photos over the past few weeks. To keep things organized I have an app called folder lock which I use to put all my fucked up photos etc in, but I also created folders for every city I've been to. Yesterday my phone popped up a message saying my internal memory was almost full and to clear up some space I should transfer things to my SD card. I decided sure, I'll transfer...and now all my photos are blank in the albums I created, and all my music playlists are gone. It still says how many photos are in each album but if I click a picture (which is now just w grey box) it pops up black. I've gone through the file commander and searched through my SD card but none of the photos are there.

Is there a way I can retrieve them? If not myself. A shop that could do it? I'd really rather not lose all these photos, as this trip is me and my friends 30th birthday trip and a good portion of the photos are of us.

Thanks in advance!!
Advertisement
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 07:46 PM   #2
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Did you link your phone to google photos? I have the same phone and after I linked my phone, all my pictures are automatically backed up to the google photos cloud. Otherwise i'm not sure how to retrieve them

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 08:33 PM   #3

My photos are not linked, but I downloaded a photo recovery app. Sadly it only found some, and those that it did find now have piss poor quality to them

Old 04-11-2016, 08:32 PM   #4
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Chances are your photos' paths are messed up. Get a trust worthy shop of friend to make an image of the phone for you. That way even if you mess with it more, you at least have a backup.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 10:42 PM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,114 Times in 482 Posts
try linking it to google and set it on wifi overnight and see if it backs it up to google's photos. make sure you set the settings in the google's photos app on which quality you want to back up. original copies will count towards your storage space while high quality will have free unlimited storage.
Alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 05:40 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alby View Post
try linking it to google and set it on wifi overnight and see if it backs it up to google's photos. make sure you set the settings in the google's photos app on which quality you want to back up. original copies will count towards your storage space while high quality will have free unlimited storage.
upgraded the phone to marshmallow yesterday, sd card got wiped after my phone wouldn't start while it was in. Decided with my friends that they'll send me all of the photos they took as well so I can at least have a slight bit of memory of the trip since we were all together 24/7 in the same locations etc taking photos of the same things