REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-11-2016, 09:14 AM   #1
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Is this the norm in vancouver? No test drive for cars like Evo and Golf R.

GF getting new car. Budget around 40k ish.

Called two mitsubishi dealerships, no test drive.
Called two VW dealerships, no test drive for Golf R, but can do GTI.

Is this normal? I had no problems test driving a mustang GT, 370z, cla45 (off the top of my head).
Advertisement
clevernickname is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2016, 09:20 AM   #2
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
try showing up in person instead of calling
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 09:31 AM   #3
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

If you don't let me test drive a car, you don't get a sale
VR6GTI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 09:44 AM   #4
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

could be its their only model, rare, or too expensive to test drive. dealers dont like putting too many miles on new cars. i had customers complain about 500km on their new car. its still new, your the first owner. just had a couple of test drives.

they usually try to get you into model with similar trim. usually the demo car that they dont mind having miles put on.
jasonc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-11-2016, 09:44 AM   #5
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

I would show up in person and show genuine interest, and then ask for a test drive.
Reeyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 09:48 AM   #6
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,557 Times in 511 Posts
Isnt this the same for wanting to test drive an STI. I remember a few years back, my realtor neighbour wanted to test drive the STI. The salesman at the dealership said no test drives at all on STI's. Again my neighbour is in his 40's, so he wasn't some young kid. In the end he did buy it, but its just sad you can test drive a car that you really want.

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2016, 09:49 AM   #7
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,003 Times in 1,908 Posts
How old are you? Serious question, that might be a factor.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2016, 10:18 AM   #8

Almost 30. And like other people have mentioned, age doesn't seem to be a factor. And let's be serious, in vancouver, they would be extremely stupid to not kiss ass to every young kid that comes in.

That might be the problem though, that they don't need to let people test drive and it won't affect sales, since people will buy it anyway.

I've gone in in person too, said same thing, so not about phone call. And I just feel it'd be a waste of a trip to go to dealership just for them to tell me they don't do test drives for that car, so that's why I call beforehand now.

Just wondering if other people have had same experience. I guess evo is pretty rare now, but don't know productions numbers about the golf r. M2 I'd understand, but they let me rip it from 0 in a cla45 lol.
Old 04-11-2016, 10:22 AM   #9
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,173 Posts
Yeah, I've had the same issue with Golf R/Evo/STI etc. I had to really push Mitsubishi for a test drive in a Ralliart for crying out loud. Just silly...
fml
roastpuff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 10:29 AM   #10
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
When I went to get my WRX EVEN THOUGH I was obviously legit and willing to put downpay right there, I was refused a test drive from two dealers. I had even requested through the Subaru website for a test drive so they wouldn't know what I looked like or how old I was...still ended up with the car though soooo yeah? I think a lot of it has to do with having a demo available. It seems like they may not have demo Golf RS/evos/stis on the lot just for test drive

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2016, 10:34 AM   #11
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
The trend now a days when something that doesn't go your way is to bitch about it on social media. Post a few comments on the dealership and head office facebook page and I'm sure they'll contact you to arrange a test drive.
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2016, 10:42 AM   #12
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR6GTI View Post
If you don't let me test drive a car, you don't get a sale
Ok so you call up some dealership and tell them you wanna test drive an Aventador and Veryon, see what they're gonna say.

Not even European exotics, but call up Nissan dealer and ask for GT-R, call Dodge dealer and ask for Viper, call Ford and ask for Ford GT, call Lexus and ask for LFA, call Acura and ask for NSX, call Chevy dealer and ask for Z06...
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2016, 10:45 AM   #13
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
Personally, I would never buy a car unless I can test drive it. For example, as nice as the current gen M3/M4 are, I came to realize that I found the car too heavy and too big for my tastes after personally driving one. On the other hand, I was quite skeptical about the 2016 Honda Civic before test-driving one. But after a proper test drive, it totally changed my mind, and my family ended up purchasing one.

But it does make me think though -- eventually, I want to get into the P-car game -- specifically, I'm thinking some sort of Cayman. Do the local Porsche dealers allow test drives for those?
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 10:48 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevernickname View Post
Almost 30. And like other people have mentioned, age doesn't seem to be a factor. And let's be serious, in vancouver, they would be extremely stupid to not kiss ass to every young kid that comes in.

That might be the problem though, that they don't need to let people test drive and it won't affect sales, since people will buy it anyway.

I've gone in in person too, said same thing, so not about phone call. And I just feel it'd be a waste of a trip to go to dealership just for them to tell me they don't do test drives for that car, so that's why I call beforehand now.

Just wondering if other people have had same experience. I guess evo is pretty rare now, but don't know productions numbers about the golf r. M2 I'd understand, but they let me rip it from 0 in a cla45 lol.
Yeah that's just it. Those cars, you don't have to let people test drive, because the car will sell itself anyways.

If Mercedes refuse every single customers to test drive CLS 63S AMG, do you think customers are gonna go ahead an buy a Camry instead? No. They will still buy a Mercedes regardless.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2016, 10:51 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Personally, I would never buy a car unless I can test drive it. For example, as nice as the current gen M3/M4 are, I came to realize that I found the car too heavy and too big for my tastes after personally driving one. On the other hand, I was quite skeptical about the 2016 Honda Civic before test-driving one. But after a proper test drive, it totally changed my mind, and my family ended up purchasing one.

But it does make me think though -- eventually, I want to get into the P-car game -- specifically, I'm thinking some sort of Cayman. Do the local Porsche dealers allow test drives for those?
I still don't get the point of Cayman. It's basically a Boxster coupe. Why would people want it? For chassis/body rigidity? Aerodynamics?
Old 04-11-2016, 10:51 AM   #16
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post

Hold up, you test drove new M3/M4 but decided on a Civic instead?
Complete opposite ends of the spectrum here and not even sure how you would compare a cheap econobox car to a high end performance car :P

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-11-2016, 10:51 AM   #17
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonc View Post
i had customers complain about 500km on their new car. its still new, your the first owner. just had a couple of test drives.
LOOOOL 500km is not new, that's a demo bro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 10:52 AM   #18
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Golf R for 40k?
bossha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 10:53 AM   #19
Professional Lurker

I already signed the papers to buy my STI and still got denied to do a test drive after!
EX-R is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2016, 10:55 AM   #20
cho
sneaky beaky like

Thanked 4,512 Times in 638 Posts
got to test drive brz no problem
Old 04-11-2016, 10:57 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossha View Post
Golf R for 40k?
That's the base price on the vw canadian website. But budget is about 40-50k anyway.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:03 AM   #22
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
I still don't get the point of Cayman. It's basically a Boxster coupe. Why would people want it? For chassis/body rigidity? Aerodynamics?
Off-topic, but the Cayman outsold the 911 in Germany. Some food for thought.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2016, 11:06 AM   #23
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,776 Times in 444 Posts
Quote:
Ok so you call up some dealership and tell them you wanna test drive an Aventador and Veryon, see what they're gonna say.

Not even European exotics, but call up Nissan dealer and ask for GT-R, call Dodge dealer and ask for Viper, call Ford and ask for Ford GT, call Lexus and ask for LFA, call Acura and ask for NSX, call Chevy dealer and ask for Z06...
If I had the money and were genuinely interested, you can bet your ass they'd let me test drive one.

http://www.e38registry.org/
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 11:12 AM   #24
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:

I usually stick up for you around here, but this reply was on par with Ulic in the stupidity department. Who dafuq compares an EVO to an Aventador?

With this logic, I shouldn't be able to walk through a house before buying it. Or I shouldn't have sex unless I put a ring on her finger..... Imagine how many upset people would be out there if this was the norm.

For the record, I didn't even want to test drive my last two STi's. I know how they drive, so why bother? The salesman insisted though, which is why I'm the only person in the world who still likes Richmond Subaru.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 11:13 AM   #25
Editor

Thanked 3,179 Times in 874 Posts
It's normal. Ford wouldn't let me drive the Fiesta ST lol

A lot of people come in asking to drive M cars and that sure as hell isn't happening.