REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-12-2016, 02:24 PM   #26
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Rogers wouldn't budge... I was in the same boat too had like $30/40 in monthly credits for many many years and then it just expired...

To be fair, the credits always had an expiration date....you just have to get lucky that you get the right rep to extend it but now they're more anal about it and just stopped or i got really unlucky a couple years ago...tried to call in many times before it got expired but couldnt get it to extend so i jumped ship
Advertisement
jerche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 02:33 PM   #27
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
Citiphone/Zoomer Wireless.

Rogers' reseller - same network, but lower prices.
how's the coverage and speed?
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 02:45 PM   #28
God of Unce

I hope Fido doesn't pull this shit on me..
Old 04-12-2016, 02:49 PM   #29
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
how's the coverage and speed?
In my experience, exactly the same. I was a Rogers customer for 10 years before I made the switch after I heard about the promotions on RFD.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 02:59 PM   #30
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeRNammer View Post
Come to the Koodo side of things, BYOD $48 Manitoba plan, 5gb of data with unlimited Canada wide calling.

Both myself and the fiancé are on this plan.
yup! i'm on this plan as well and love it. $53 taxes in a month and no complaints what so ever about the service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
We just got a proposal from Telus for a new corporate plan. For reference:

$55/mnth
-unlimited national calling/texting
-3GB shared data
-forwarding,CID,call waiting, etc...

It's worth reviewing how much you're paying right now, and if it's worth shelling out for it. I rarely use data. If I needed internet access, there was usually a hotspot around. Free wifi is everywhere, now. If you have Shaw home internet, then you'll also have access to all the ShawOpen access points, which seem to carpet the Lower Mainland.
my sister works for TD and just recently signed up for this plan. she got lucky, they were offering a bunch of free phones in march and she got the galaxy s7. only shitty thing is that the galaxy s7 is on back order apparently and they're taking their sweet time sending her out a phone.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2016, 03:36 PM   #31
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Rogers is retarded.
My girlfriend got her contract cancelled by accident. It was her sister that was going back to Taiwan that wanted to cancel her contract. Rogers cancelled BOTH plans. So when we called Rogers to tell them about the mistake, they admitted they made the mistake but because my girlfriend had a grandfathered plan they can't re-instate it and forced her to sign a new and more expensive contract, wtf?
Long story short we had to go back and forth half a dozen times over a span of 3 weeks and talk to 20 different people before they still forced her into a new plan but with discounted credit.
It was a huge headache for such a small matter that was their problem to begin with.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 04:25 PM   #32
Rs has made me the man i am today!

So after being with Rogers for more than 10 years now, last week they called me and informed me that they will terminate my service this month.

Reason being I work out of town and here in AB I am in their extended cover network, and for the last 3 months I've been on their ECN more than on their Rogers network.

So they called me and told me to port my numbers over to Telus, they will unlock my phone for free and take care of any fee that's still remaining on my contract.
-"--"-
Doubl3_H is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2016, 05:46 PM   #33

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
^ i just called them about that cause ill be on their extended coverage for an indefinite amount of time. they said i can be in extended for 3-6 months at their discretion. good to know that this is what happens.

what fee are they taking care of? are they buying out your contract?
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 11:43 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
Rogers is retarded.
My girlfriend got her contract cancelled by accident. It was her sister that was going back to Taiwan that wanted to cancel her contract. Rogers cancelled BOTH plans. So when we called Rogers to tell them about the mistake, they admitted they made the mistake but because my girlfriend had a grandfathered plan they can't re-instate it and forced her to sign a new and more expensive contract, wtf?
Long story short we had to go back and forth half a dozen times over a span of 3 weeks and talk to 20 different people before they still forced her into a new plan but with discounted credit.
It was a huge headache for such a small matter that was their problem to begin with.
next time just file a bbb claim. everytime they screw up my contract and give me bs about not being able to reinstate it I just file a claim and voila they fix it within a week.
cctw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 12:02 AM   #35
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
no point losing sleep over wireless bills...unless corporate/govt rate is maintained I feel there's very little reason to stay with Rogers Wireless

even grandfathered plan was only half decent...there's really no loyalty for customers 15 years +...at some point you'll get tired of calling in to negotiate just to keep status-quo.

koodo mb/sk plan is the best middle finger you can give to Robbers
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 04:17 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminG View Post
^ i just called them about that cause ill be on their extended coverage for an indefinite amount of time. they said i can be in extended for 3-6 months at their discretion. good to know that this is what happens.

what fee are they taking care of? are they buying out your contract?
My contract expires in Sept of this year, so the csr said the fee would be around $200.

They told me I was on their extended 79% of the month, so according to that percentage, my service would be terminated after 4 months consecutive.

Is koodo on the same network as telus? I have a Saskatoon address that I can use to sign up
-"--"-
Doubl3_H is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2016, 08:15 AM   #37
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Rogers is retarded.
Keep bring this up to the higher up till they fix it. If they admitted is their fault then they have to fix it. File it with BBB and CRTC.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 12:26 PM   #38

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubl3_H View Post
My contract expires in Sept of this year, so the csr said the fee would be around $200.

They told me I was on their extended 79% of the month, so according to that percentage, my service would be terminated after 4 months consecutive.

Is koodo on the same network as telus? I have a Saskatoon address that I can use to sign up
ya same network. The plan your thinking of is only in manitoba now though, but you dont need a manitoba address. go on howard forums and theres step by step instructions. i know it works because i just finished porting in my number 5 mins ago
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2016, 12:54 AM   #39
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

6GB data, 400 daytime minutes (Canada-wide), unlimited evening+weekends, unlimited text/picture msg, caller id.

$35 for 400 min base plan
$30 for 6gb

I've been on m2m for almost a year (Mid may)

They upped it $5 to a total of $70 pre-tax this months bill. Going to call in and ask what changed tomorrow.. maybe they were hoping I didn't notice. How are people keeping their grand-fathered contracts and getting new subsidized phones on contracts? I would sign a 2 yr and pay a few hundred for an s7, not with a damn max plan though . Currently using s5 which I bought privately
Port Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 05:12 AM   #40
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

got fucked raped by rogers yesterday for a shared everything plan for my wife and i, BYOD

need to get on this manitoba swap
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 06:24 AM   #41
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,209 Times in 1,394 Posts
Quote:
Rogers is retarded.
CCTS complaint. Those get resolved within a week. Trust me.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 07:04 AM   #42
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,438 Times in 981 Posts
i have the fido byop plan, i just signed up like 6 months ago, wasnt a grandfathered plan or anything.

3gb, canada wide unlimited, etc...
$50+tax
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 08:19 AM   #43
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,760 Times in 902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
CCTS complaint. Those get resolved within a week. Trust me.
2nd that, CCTS actually works. I had a situation once and after speaking to multiple people, managers etc didn't result in anything. Filed a CCTS complaint and within a week got things settled.

Your case imo sounds like a pretty slam dunk. Now I don't work for Rogers and I can certainly understand that if a grandfathered plan doesn't exist any more that their system can't put that plan in but at the end of the day they need to one way or another figure out a crafty way to ensure she gets the same if not similar and pay the same price.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 10:02 AM   #44

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeknerd View Post
My $60 plan.

It blows my mind how plans can get more expensive and worse as technological advances are made.

oligopoly ftw
Uhh, it's not that mind blowing. Price will increase with the rise of people's necessities. I bet more than 75% of vancouverites don't even NEED all data minutes and data.

Stop youtubing and browsing facebook on instagram when you're on data connection and you will find that you don't even consume more than 1gb of data per month.

People need to honestly recap on their monthly usage over the past 12 months and ask themselves, do they really need unlimited minutes and 3+ gb? Can they live on a talk and text plan without data and just survive with public wifi? It is these people with the "necessities" that is driving up these plans from the big 3.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-15-2016, 10:13 AM   #45
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,438 Times in 981 Posts
people in other countries use a ton of data and they don't have to pay these types of prices. it's not the users fault prices are high.
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 10:23 AM   #46
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,357 Times in 3,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
Uhh, it's not that mind blowing. Price will increase with the rise of people's necessities. I bet more than 75% of vancouverites don't even NEED all data minutes and data.

Stop youtubing and browsing facebook on instagram when you're on data connection and you will find that you don't even consume more than 1gb of data per month.
You understand that if people use less data companies like Rogers will make less money causing them to jack up rates.

Also people should not have to change the way they consume media.
Old 04-15-2016, 10:29 AM   #47
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Man those are some expensive plans... I actually had a pretty decent plan with Rogers that I cancelled late last year. They wouldn't let me upgrade phones with that price as the plan was too cheap. I asked several friends if they wanted the plan but none were interested....

Rogers: $65.5 for 6gb. It used to be $57.5 but they cancelled some of my credits even though they promised that the credits would last for the whole 3 year duration of my term. Really pissed me off when they did that so I was pretty stoked when the CRTC ruled we could cancel plans after 2 years into a 3 year plan

Switched to an employee plan with Bell and upgraded to the Nexus 6P. The plan is also better since Bell has canada wide calling and 100 extra minutes. The best thing with Bell is that I get data throughout most of the Canada line trip. When I was on Rogers, the connection was horrible and I had no data connection for most of the Vancouver stations on the Canada Line.

Bell: $56 for 6gb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post

People need to honestly recap on their monthly usage over the past 12 months and ask themselves, do they really need unlimited minutes and 3+ gb? Can they live on a talk and text plan without data and just survive with public wifi? It is these people with the "necessities" that is driving up these plans from the big 3.
Companies are going to increase prices regardless....

I think data is more important than text messages and calling for a lot of people. I have a buddy that's using a pure 6gb data plan (no phone number, text, etc...) and he has a VoIP number that can call / receive. For me, I use very few minutes each month, and barely any text messages. 99% of my communication is done via email, whatsapp, and fb messenger. Also, another popular app that needs data is Google/Apple maps.

Last edited by zetazeta; 04-15-2016 at 10:50 AM.
zetazeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 08:38 PM   #48
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeknerd View Post

My $60 plan.

It blows my mind how plans can get more expensive and worse as technological advances are made.

oligopoly ftw
That's a freaking awesome deal. $60 for 5 gb
conandoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 08:45 PM   #49
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,599 Posts
What is CCTS?

Another thing I found recently was the "limited" TV packages now offered

Got my shaw cable back for NHL playoffs and horse racing. Renewed with my own hardware for the $25 a month no contract limited package, needed Sportsnet and TSN so figured would either be able to get both in a package or add-on the individual channels themselves

They now split TSN and SN into two seperate packs, 1 for $8 or both for $14

So in order to get BASIC sports pack, and basic cable, $44 a month :/
Old 04-15-2016, 09:45 PM   #50
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,212 Times in 188 Posts
Exact same thing happened to me last week as OP. I called them and gave them shit (respectfully) and they said they do not have the ability to reinstate the monthly discount even if they wanted to. But they were still able to let me have a $5 discount instead of my previous $25. It was starting to use too much of my time to fight for it and i still have a pretty decent plan so i let it go. Damn Rogers...
smaggs is offline   Reply With Quote