REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Rogers just increased monthly bill for existing customer (https://www.revscene.net/forums/708426-rogers-just-increased-monthly-bill-existing-customer.html)

conandoyle 04-11-2016 08:11 PM

Rogers just increased monthly bill for existing customer

Being a long time rogers customer, just found out they increased my monthly bill by $15. My grandaddy plan got ruined. They suddenly removed a monthly saving that has been there for many years, and then added an expired date hidden in the dropdown menu for that discount.
:uno:

The person who gave me the discount many yrs ago did not mention anything about the expired date of the discount, and the expired date did not even show up on last Dec bill. It just secretly kicked in this year! :heck:

Its probably going to be my final days with Rogers. Robelus cried out to increase the monthly charge as loonie sank, but when do we hear them giving out discounts when Canadian dollars were stronger than USD?

http://i793.photobucket.com/albums/y...b.jpg~original

http://i793.photobucket.com/albums/y...r.jpg~original

zilley 04-11-2016 08:18 PM

fuck rogers.

Jmac 04-11-2016 08:22 PM

$70 is a ripoff for that package ...

I'm hoping Telus will let me keep my rate of $40/month (corporate rate) for unlimited Canada-wide talk and text, 3 GB data, voicemail, etc. when my contract expires in June. Similar plan through my work is now listed at $55 ...

jackmeister 04-11-2016 08:33 PM

to be fair, the recent monthly discounts were for a period of time only. What is that green pig icon beside the -15.00 in the first pic?

for 70 bucks a month you can get one of the newer plans with more data?

Manic! 04-11-2016 08:38 PM

Call them up and give them shit and do not take no for an answer. If they say they can't do anything say you want to talk to a manager.

donjalapeno 04-11-2016 08:53 PM

I pay $110 for 6gb of data and unlimited everything. Same package on their website is with 5gb so i guess the guy i spoke to on the phone hooked it up!

!e.lo_ 04-11-2016 08:58 PM

I think some other people had their credits end when their contract ended.
I had a $10 credit saving per month when my contract was still going, but since it ended in December, I pay about $76/month now.
That's for 6GB data, 200 daytime minutes, unlimited evening+weekends, unlimited text/picture msg, caller id.

browser through here and see what some of the other guys said
http://www.revscene.net/forums/49101...ogers-117.html

chin3se604 04-11-2016 09:01 PM

Can't trust Rogers. I cancelled my contact to join my family's share everything plan. I was promised a pretty sweet plan, but when i checked my bill, they never followed through and said that special discount the girl offered me was not allowed in the first place.

For their mistake, they manipulated my plan and pricing, but who knows if they'll follow through on that too!

TypeRNammer 04-11-2016 10:40 PM

Come to the Koodo side of things, BYOD $48 Manitoba plan, 5gb of data with unlimited Canada wide calling.

Both myself and the fiancé are on this plan.

Nlkko 04-12-2016 04:13 AM

Yea these shady Canadian telecom. They do that. Same thing happened with my Bell account last year. 25% discount accummulated through the years seemingly "expired" without notice even though I still had the same shitty phone. Called in they came up with some wipe-my-ass excuse. I bluntly told them they are shit, their US roaming plan is shit, they can cancel my contract. Rep "magically" came up with "new, loyalty plan with deep discount that allows me to keep the same prices.

Fucking crooks.... We will have to put up with them until technology advancing a bit more removing these barriers to entry for new players.

Reeyal 04-12-2016 05:19 AM

We, Canadians, pay way to much for mobile services.
I still have a $50 plan from 4 years ago. Just as long as I don't change the plan, I will keep it forever. It's an old Telus plan for Fav 10, 1GB, unlimited text, picture, and video.

Also, since I'm not on a contract, everytime I complain about something, they give me a discount. Currently, I have a 10% off promo, with apparently no expiry...

buhdeh 04-12-2016 06:37 AM

grandaddy plan

roastpuff 04-12-2016 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buhdeh (Post 8746318)
grandaddy plan

Still on the 6GB Super Plan here, $80 a month with unlimited Canadian/US LD added. :)

6o4__boi 04-12-2016 08:43 AM

i'm on a corp plan...signed a 3 year deal that expires this december

when that contract expires...will i keep the current rates or is rogers free to raise my rates? cus if they raise it, i'm walking

Nabatron 04-12-2016 09:12 AM

left rogers recently went to koodo! I get a 25% discount cuz I work for loblaws didnt even know about this...should have left rogers years ago!

Tapioca 04-12-2016 09:15 AM

Citiphone/Zoomer Wireless.

Rogers' reseller - same network, but lower prices.

Szeto 04-12-2016 11:05 AM

on retention plan $17.50 and plus the $30 for 6 gb + $12 (?) value pack; roughly a hair under 70 bucks tax in. Couldn't do hardware upgrade for any device without changing plan... even the crappy 0 dollar phones.

winson604 04-12-2016 11:53 AM

Still on $50 GOV Corp plan for 5gb plan. Got a scare back in Dec when I bought a note 5 out right and was not able to activate my new sin at wireless wave with a note saying call in. He was conausea so called and I can see the look on his face go from confused to oh shit. Told me Rogers rep was trying to get people off these grandaddy plans so my account was flagged for when a simple change were to ever happen. Ticked off I went home and called those fuckers only to be told whoever that other rep be trippin and there are no issues with my account and that buying my own device to avoid losing plan was the smart thing to do. Still going strong!

bluejays 04-12-2016 11:57 AM

Phone and ask for a retention plan, Rogers has a really good retention policy. $70 for 1gb is an absolute rip off.

Presto 04-12-2016 12:39 PM

We just got a proposal from Telus for a new corporate plan. For reference:

$55/mnth
-unlimited national calling/texting
-3GB shared data
-forwarding,CID,call waiting, etc...

It's worth reviewing how much you're paying right now, and if it's worth shelling out for it. I rarely use data. If I needed internet access, there was usually a hotspot around. Free wifi is everywhere, now. If you have Shaw home internet, then you'll also have access to all the ShawOpen access points, which seem to carpet the Lower Mainland.

ImportPsycho 04-12-2016 12:47 PM

Mine hasn't gone up yet, maybe next bill.
$80 4gb.
$95 would be fing bullsht.

My wife pays $50 for 6gb from fido. Old retention plan we were ablebto carry over with new contract about year ago

corollagtSr5 04-12-2016 01:07 PM

Still rocking 63 dollars taxes in a month, no contract 200min unlimited even and weekends canada wide, caller id and 6gb data with Fido. If your not rocking business calls, just get google hangout and make phone calls over data, or even whatsapp to burn your data. For my parents I got them bell flex data plan. $5 a month if they don't use it, $20 for 1gb to 5gb for $40. Got VoIP.ms number for them, and installed groundwire onto an iPhone. VoIP.ms 1 cent a minute plan. Ends up being super cheap for them and they have access to data.

pastarocket 04-12-2016 01:11 PM

Another good example of Rogers offering "Robbers" plans to its customers. :troll:

What a bunch of crooks. :facepalm:

Adorkami 04-12-2016 01:31 PM

Rogers is shady, last month i received a text saying I was over my data limit and i would be charged for additional data. I was only at 3gb of 6gb, I phoned customer support and they said they werent sure what happened but the only way to turn on my data was to accept possible charges and they thought i had a $600 in additional fees but couldnt tell for sure until my bill was printed.. got my bill and had no additional charges and showed I only used 3gb.

geeknerd 04-12-2016 02:08 PM

http://i.imgur.com/uFvSOSt.png

My $60 plan.

It blows my mind how plans can get more expensive and worse as technological advances are made.

oligopoly ftw